The KSP Thread

Dat Derp

Chief SFS scientist
I got the game from GOG try it out its great they only sell DRM free games and if the game is 15 dollars in America and 15 pounds in the UK they give you some wallet funds(basically a stacking coupon) to make sure the games are evenly priced in all countries.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Me nO kNOw KeRbAl slang yEt.
What I said was real terms.

I got the game from GOG try it out its great they only sell DRM free games and if the game is 15 dollars in America and 15 pounds in the UK they give you some wallet funds(basically a stacking coupon) to make sure the games are evenly priced in all countries.
Well, do you know how to take screenshots? If so, can I see the satellite?

Dat Derp

Chief SFS scientist
What I said was real terms.

Well, do you know how to take screenshots? If so, can I see the satellite?
Uhm well the satellite wasn't mine I didn't build it... it was a pre-built one in sandbox. I'm using sandbox to practise achieving orbit. The satellite is orbiting comfortably at around 90,000.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Uhm well the satellite wasn't mine I didn't build it... it was a pre-built one in sandbox. I'm using sandbox to practise achieving orbit. The satellite is orbiting comfortably at around 90,000.
Here's a tip;
I rarely use sandbox as you can't do science in it so instead I start up a science save, open the cheat menu with alt F12, and press the max research button or something like that. Then, I have all the parts and can still do science without an annoying budget.

Also, ok. I understand why you would do that. Which one was it? Also, how may tries did it take?

Dat Derp

Chief SFS scientist
It was the small single rocket that is at an angle. First try as well. I've already learnt that sas is my best friend in that game.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
It was the small single rocket that is at an angle. First try as well. I've already learnt that sas is my best friend in that game.
Very much indeed.

Also, I almost killed my progress in ALL SAVES while messing with the mod Hyperedit (don't do this to your saves. Trust me):
20180929165402_1.jpg 20180929162104_1.jpg 20180929164931_1.jpg
Go home physics. Your drunk.

I really hope this hasn't affected saves that have not been loaded today. You see, this 'destroyed' my main save but luckily I was able to save it by reverting the planets back to normal and loading a save I made yesterday. But, if the game has mucked up the rest of my saves, CURSE YOU HYPEREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so scared.

Dat Derp

Chief SFS scientist
Very much indeed.

Also, I almost killed my progress in ALL SAVES while messing with the mod Hyperedit (don't do this to your saves. Trust me):
View attachment 24329 View attachment 24330 View attachment 24331
Go home physics. Your drunk.

I really hope this hasn't affected saves that have not been loaded today. You see, this 'destroyed' my main save but luckily I was able to save it by reverting the planets back to normal and loading a save I made yesterday. But, if the game has mucked up the rest of my saves, CURSE YOU HYPEREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so scared.
If you lost all your saves how many hours would that have being down the drain?

Website
duckduckgo.com
I recently started a new save and have made great progress. I have landed a returned a probe from the Mün, sent a probe to Minmus and sent a probe out of the solar system. Now I'm planning to send a relay probe to Duna for future missions and sending a manned mission to the Mün.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
I recently started a new save and have made great progress. I have landed a returned a probe from the Mün, sent a probe to Minmus and sent a probe out of the solar system. Now I'm planning to send a relay probe to Duna for future missions and sending a manned mission to the Mün.
That was fast.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Yep. Compared to my old save, I am very fast this time.

Any tips for landing on Duna?
From my 3 successful landings, I either absolutely spam chutes on, and use engines to slow down nearer landing, but if I'm going at the ground fast, I burn retrograde like a madman. I've yet to do a full propulsive landing. Its either been a hybrid of chutes and engines or just chutes. My first lander used chutes untill 200m off the ground or something, then it detached and landed with engines; my rover was full chutes (2 stage system) and my manned landing was a supersonic retrograde burn then a full chute landing.

You choose but if you can land a craft on duna, the next hardest thing is tylo (eve is super easy if you don't burn up).

Edit: Might help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL9TJhYxFTqCh8KSuRUYTXZXy1KpJgSyey&v=IqbYKabUX_k

Last edited: