The KSP Thread

Gameslinx

Really? Then what was the point of giving it a surface (of course there is the rule of cool but yeah) then?

Also, did you do something to that plane or something so it would fly?
Because probes can land and send science data back to Kerbin. Plus, it hasn't been done before at this scale so it's cool. Plus, fun

And no I haven't booted KSP in over a month now

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
A glitch somehow made a plane debris go much,MUCH faster than the speed of light:
View attachment 22968
Comparison: The speed of light is 299 792 458 m / s.
Don't worry. I once forgot to turn off a FTL drive before reaching Duna, "crashed" into it, and was rebounded off of it at several thousand (or was it million?) time the speed of light. I couldn't turn off the FTL drive, as that was strangely the only part that got destroyed. Within a minute, I reach several exameters away from Kerbol, and the game crashed due to the position exceeding a signed 64 bit floating point number. I had to delete all traces of the mission's existence from the save file to fix the save.

Good times.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Then the interiors of the buildings broke, then the game crashed:

20180818170140_1.jpg

And like the video, lighting makes things opaque:
20180818164359_1.jpg
Random pic:
20180818165437_1.jpg
The light is on top of the VAB. Also, there is no sun. I even timewarped to check where it went. Map broke too. No kerbin, or solar system. I now have a new profile pic because of this.

Edit: restarted the game. Everything is fixed and nothing is corrupted! Phew!

Last edited:

Dat Derp

Chief SFS scientist
Hi guys I just got the game and was so excited to play I skipped the tutorial went to career got a pod strapped a rocket to the bottom and launched... The first of many casualties(Don't worry I reset to assembly after). So any tips for me as I venture into my unknowing adventure of kerbleness?

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Hi guys I just got the game and was so excited to play I skipped the tutorial went to career got a pod strapped a rocket to the bottom and launched... The first of many casualties(Don't worry I reset to assembly after). So any tips for me as I venture into my unknowing adventure of kerbleness?
Right. A good training zone is kerbin's second moon Minmus. You'll need a tutorial about how to get there (there is a lot of them in YouTube) but landing is pretty easy.

Get the mods kerbal engineer redux, transfer window planner (spacedock version), kerbal alarm clock, trajectories, docking port alignment indicator (or something like that) and hyperedit. They all help so much!

If you want a plane and a vtol jet, go to JimmyBlether Aerospace on the steam workshop (shameless self promotion). It also has a pair of rocket single stage to orbitsorbits, if you want to try and fly them ( one requires the making history DLC).

Dat Derp

Chief SFS scientist
Thanks for such a fast response! I don't use steam but will definitely check out the mods. I've already managed to get a orbiting satellite.:)

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Thanks for such a fast response! I don't use steam but will definitely check out the mods. I've already managed to get a orbiting satellite.:)
Where did you get it from then?

Also, has that satellite got a non inclined equatorial orbit with low eccentricity?

*Orbit term spam increases*