• Yes

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Uhh, guys? The Dark Eclipse AI Overship Eden XL is still out there! It could be planning an attack right now! It's been weeks since we've last seen it, so it's probably fully repaired! We need to get back into our game!

12x Meteors have been sent out in a search party across the nearby star Systems to find and possible harm the Overship and bring back data!

Kebabian Mega Project has been completed! A new spaceship hangar has been made to help aid the destruction of the Overship! Currently we are creating 50x Interceptors.

New ship project... the Inferno! Consists of mainly assault flame throwers and fireballs, will be finished in the next week (if I can get over Ark).

Reactions: Legionite

The Grand Teki

Feb 17, 2017
UESO hq.
Uhh, guys? The Dark Eclipse AI Overship Eden XL is still out there! It could be planning an attack right now! It's been weeks since we've last seen it, so it's probably fully repaired! We need to get back into our game!

12x Meteors have been sent out in a search party across the nearby star Systems to find and possible harm the Overship and bring back data!
I have put a tracker on it :D
Joe inserts a starter cell into the fusion reactor, powering it up which fueled the ship and all allies in minutes

Teki: Don't turn on the lights yet, we're trying to make them think we're still EMP'd. Prepare to launch a tracker on the Overship, they're not going anywhere without us.

The tracker stuck to the Overship mere moments before it jumped...
New ship project... the Inferno! Consists of mainly assault flame throwers and fireballs, will be finished in the next week (if I can get over Ark).
Have I mentioned I'm sliiiiightly pyromaniac?

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
...Can I join? I'll probably be at the back, just seeding planets.
LK_Seeder_Ship_Concept.png
What do you get when a castle, a T-90 tank and a Nokia phone got thrown in a blender? This thing. The Thunderhead is a defense-oriented ship that can hold & secure an area using heavy, but stationary firepower and armor.

Last edited:

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
View attachment 19010
Nice artwork!

Makes me want explain the backstory of the TAC Mothership design.
TAC MS OVERVIEW.png
It was inspired by the Star Wars franchise mixed with some R-Type Command and a slight bit of Space Battleship Yamato.
Aggressor-Class Destroyer
Aggressor Destroyer.jpg

Dreadnaught (Heimdall) in R-Type Command/Tactics
Heimdall.png

The TAC Mothership has 4 vertical missile launcher arrays (Zorg M23), obviously inspired by the Heimdall's "Gjallarhorn Cannon/missile pod".
The Zorg M23 missile launchers have great tracking and damage over a moderate range. However the ship must be moving slowly or be completely stopped to fire these, or else the missile launchers have a chance of rapid unplanned disassembly.

The dual cannon barrel design was inspired by the Aggressor-Class' dual strike where it hits the enemy with an ION CANNON then nukes it with a RED BALL OF HARD-POINT DESTROYING DEATH. Of course, the TAC Mothership only has the ION CANNON equivalent with the RED BALL OF HARD-POINT DESTROYING DEATH replaced with a Base Bomb Launcher for balance reasons.
The beam of the main cannon is supposed to visually resemble more closely to that of the Heimdall's "Burtgang Cannon".

The EO 47-B EMP Cannon is very powerful weapon that must be handled with care. Its predecessor, EO 47-A, was destroyed from taking too much damage whilst firing. Sends whatever it hits back to the stone age. "Get roasted enemy scum!"

Base Bomb Launcher- Self Explanatory.

The Hull Laser mi railgun array is visually the same, but they fire bright light blue bolts rather than a bunch of circles. Cuts through shields and rips apart internals of ships, but doesn't do that much damage against moderately thick armor and gets stopped dead in its tracks before it breaches the armor.

The Draccor missile launchers launch super-fast missiles that deal almost no damage, but hit their mark really quickly. Missiles fired of this kind take huge amounts of resources, so they aren't fired that often. Bad accuracy makes these unsuitable for hitting fighters, and the damage output is feeble, but it sure delivers a wallop to corvettes.

The Upgraded Cross-Beam MK2 TwinCannons -UHBS Laser- is a moderately weak laser that can reach incredible distances with the right targeting coordinates. This thing is the best for hit and run, but not so much against armored/heavily shielded foes. Accuracy is so good that you can hit something by Mars from Earth's orbit!

The Reilegh MK7 turret is a variation of the Upgraded Cross-Beam MK2 TwinCannons -UHBS Laser-, but with more damage and less range. Meant for the closer Capital VS Capital slugfests.

The Lurcsoff CWIS Turret Battery is a very effective broadside defense countermeasure against fighters, missiles, and asteroids. Shoots a bunch of space-grade flak rounds to intercept various things. Shouldn't be used against ships larger than a corvette.

The On-Ship Hangar Bay offers a lot of room to store small ships and fighters. It is shielded to protect cargo within the hangar.

The Megalord engine array at the back of the ship yields an unholy amount of thrust as well as the ability to redirect that thrust forwards for braking. The thrust generated is so high that the G-forces within the ship require all onboard personnel to take a seat with seatbelts on for safety during high-speed maneuvers.

QuackDuck

Duck on holiday
Jun 24, 2017
Near a duck pond in Britain
duckduckgo.com
Nice artwork!

View attachment 19015
It was inspired by the Star Wars franchise mixed with some R-Type Command and a slight bit of Space Battleship Yamato.
View attachment 19012

View attachment 19013

The TAC Mothership has 4 vertical missile launcher arrays (Zorg M23), obviously inspired by the Heimdall's "Gjallarhorn Cannon/missile pod".
The Zorg M23 missile launchers have great tracking and damage over a moderate range. However the ship must be moving slowly or be completely stopped to fire these, or else the missile launchers have a chance of rapid unplanned disassembly.

The dual cannon barrel design was inspired by the Aggressor-Class' dual strike where it hits the enemy with an ION CANNON then nukes it with a RED BALL OF HARD-POINT DESTROYING DEATH. Of course, the TAC Mothership only has the ION CANNON equivalent with the RED BALL OF HARD-POINT DESTROYING DEATH replaced with a Base Bomb Launcher for balance reasons.
The beam of the main cannon is supposed to visually resemble more closely to that of the Heimdall's "Burtgang Cannon".

The EO 47-B EMP Cannon is very powerful weapon that must be handled with care. Its predecessor, EO 47-A, was destroyed from taking too much damage whilst firing. Sends whatever it hits back to the stone age. "Get roasted enemy scum!"

The Hull Laser mi railgun array is visually the same, but they fire bright light blue bolts rather than a bunch of circles. Cuts through shields and rips apart internals of ships, but doesn't do that much damage against moderately thick armor and gets stopped dead in its tracks before it breaches the armor.

The Draccor missile launchers launch super-fast missiles that deal almost no damage, but hit their mark really quickly. Missiles fired of this kind take huge amounts of resources, so they aren't fired that often. Bad accuracy makes these unsuitable for hitting fighters, and the damage output is feeble, but it sure delivers a wallop to corvettes.

The Upgraded Cross-Beam MK2 TwinCannons -UHBS Laser- is a moderately weak laser that can reach incredible distances with the right targeting coordinates. This thing is the best for hit and run, but not so much against armored/heavily shielded foes. Accuracy is so good that you can hit something by Mars from Earth's orbit!

The Reilegh MK7 turret is a variation of the Upgraded Cross-Beam MK2 TwinCannons -UHBS Laser-, but with more damage and less range. Meant for the closer Capital VS Capital slugfests.

The Lurcsoff CWIS Turret Battery is a very effective broadside defense countermeasure against fighters, missiles, and asteroids. Shoots a bunch of space-grade flak rounds to intercept various things. Shouldn't be used against ships larger than a corvette.

The On-Ship Hangar Bay offers a lot of room to store small ships and fighters. It is shielded to protect cargo within the hangar.

The Megalord engine array at the back of the ship yields an unholy amount of thrust as well as the ability to redirect that thrust forwards for braking. The thrust generated is so high that the G-forces within the ship require all onboard personnel to take a seat with seatbelts on for safety during high-speed maneuvers.
Wow.

I got the position of the main cannon completely wrong, I drew it on the bottom...

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
Pencil art of the TAC Mothership, a squadron of Meteors and the Planet Eater very far away.
View attachment 18941
There are probably a lot of inconsistencies.
Your a great drawer @QuackDuck! Even if there is errors, it still looks awesome.

View attachment 19010
What do you get when a castle, a T-90 tank and a Nokia phone got thrown in a blender? This thing. The Thunderhead is a defense-oriented ship that can hold & secure an area using heavy, but stationary firepower and armor.
What did you make that in??

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
Nice artwork!

View attachment 19015
View attachment 19012

View attachment 19013

Nice stats and explanation. The super long range turrets must have unbelievable accuracy for hitting something .5 astronomical units away (roughly).

Legionite

May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Nice stats and explanation. The super long range turrets must have unbelievable accuracy for hitting something .5 astronomical units away (roughly).
The beams still take time to make it there, so the calculations have to be astronomical, and you know who/what is responsible for doing that, right?
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 9.38.47 PM.png
Disclaimer: Errors still do happen occasionally

Reactions: JimmyBlether

Legionite

May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
View attachment 19010
Important to note that the Heavy Mass Drivers are essentially a balanced version of the RED BALL OF HARD-POINT DESTROYING DEATH.
DEATH BALL EXAGGERATED.png
Also made out of metal instead of pure hard-point eating plasma to rip holes in enemy ships.
What did you make that in??
Upon closer analysis, it appears to be a fully colored drawing of the ship, with excellent detailing.

Last edited:

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
You have potential talent @Legionite, keep it up. :)

As for the Thunderhead, how I designed it is based on Function and Impression.

Its Function is a Defensive Bruiser ship - low speed, but high armor and firepower. For a small ship to carry that much gun and metal shows Lemon Kingdom doctrine of heavy, progressive assaults, and attrition warfare. It has a large shield to protect other ships (I love Reinhardt) and a large gun that flings 1-ton shells at hapless targets.

The Impression meanwhile is my fave. I've distilled it to three words: OLD, POWERFUL, IMPERIAL. Like a chariot marching into space, complete with banners and such. It may not be fancy like the other faction's ships, but it can still do its job.

I use castle-like shapes and a blocky silhouette to convey that it's a tough ship to crack despite its size (around 100-150 meters length)

Important to note that the Heavy Mass Drivers are essentially a balanced version of the RED BALL OF HARD-POINT DESTROYING DEATH.

Also made out of metal instead of pure hard-point eating plasma to rip holes in enemy ships.
This one however is a small version. Compared to your Mothership's gun, the Thunderhead does much less damage. But for a Light ship to have a gun like that? Beautiful. The larger guns are on ships built for frontline combat and on Capital Ships/Motherships.

I drew that ship for 8 hours in Photoshop. I haven't been drawing for months so forgive me if the lines are scratchy.

Last edited:

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
View attachment 19010
Since I couldn't prevent you from joining, might as well get some more help defeating the Kiwis. You can help us reseed planets polluted by Kiwi forces by planting civilian houses while us Kebabs work on the military side of things. You guys colonize the planets for all of us, we produce the hangars, ships, and defenses. I might not like this decision, but it's most efficient this way.