The fun factor?

Paranoyd

I always feel like I'm playing this game wrong. I've seen the Youtube videos and read the tutorials, but anytime I get back into I just... don't seem to have any fun with it. Maybe I'm playing wrong somehow?

For starters, the weapons I start with and vehicles I can build never seem to be able to track or hit the enemies with any reliability. We just get into turning wars and see who can whittle eachother's tires off first.

The the difficulty ramps up non-stop. I've gone through 5 re-spawns against the same set of low level enemies just after setting up my first solar array because they outnumber me and the little parts on the ground flip me over all the time.

Repeat this 4 times and all the good new parts I have have been destroyed and the only things I have left are a dozen small wheels.

The missions after this just keep ramping things up and making me repeat this over and over until I get sick of it and close the game out.

Is there something here I'm just "not getting"?

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
It kind of reads like you haven't found the right tech for you and your survivorability. Make sure you do all the starting missions before you leave the first grassland. While building your tech keep a drill on the very front for melee. That way more blocks will be left for scavenging. When you get a sheilded, health regenerating, battey powered, radar guided tech with at least a dozen guns on it you should be able to survive a lot better then you stated above.

If nothing changes for you if you try this, you may be getting hit with some kind of spawn crazy bug.

Hope it helps

Have a good one

Lallante

Honestly if you are finding this too hard you probably need to start again. Your tech size/value determines the strength of enemies you face and tbh its only hugely challenging until you get batteries and a shield, after that it's plain sailing if you want to play it safe (though who does!)

P

Pink Kitty

Yes.

There is a balance, and an almost instinctive feel for what works, and what doesn't.
Most pick it up after playing through the start about 3 or 4 times.

Once you get it, you won't even realize it, and stuff will be 'too easy.'

But, it's based on experience.
So you need to fail a bunch of times, until you get it.

TLDR: Batteries and shields and armour.