The EXP Dynamo Generator has been broken for almost three years. We need it for anti-gravity techs

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Fireheart318, Dec 7, 2018 at 2:30 AM.

1. Fireheart318

Fireheart318 Well-Known Member

On February 29, 2016, the EXP Dynamo Generator was put in the game with version 0.5.22. It had no functionality but was intended to produce battery power based on how fast you move. It's been stuck in limbo ever since, just sitting around and taking up space. You can't even scrap it for resources. It's objectively the worst block in the game!
    Now that we have battery-sucking anti-gravity blocks in the game, now would be the best time to fix the Dynamo Generator, allowing anti-grav techs to stay in the air indefinitely as long as they keep moving.

2. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

You cant fix what isn't broken, and as it technically was never programmed to make power in the first place, it isn't broken. They simply haven't programmed it yet.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  3. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Reliable Scrapper

Fireheart318 makes some good points. It's been over 2 years and 9 months since the EXP Dynamo Generator was added to the game. And it's been worse than useless this whole time.

I say "worse" because, unlike decorative items like hats which we know immediately are just decorative, the EXP Dynamo Generator is deceptive. I didn't even know that the EXP Dynamo Generator did not actually do anything until recently when I thoroughly tested it out and until reading this topic.

I don't know about everyone else, but I expect even experimental "EXP" parts to at least do something, even if that something is not worth the effort or highly subject to change before the final product as a part adopted by a certain corp. Instead of releasing such a deceptive part as EXP, they should have left it out of the game for the time being - at least until it generates a bit of power.

Also, yes: The new anti-gravity parts are huge energy drains - some would even say unreasonably so. Take a look at lathland's Anti Gravity Laser Bombardment Vehicle. It can only stay airborne for a few minutes at a time before it has to land and recharge.

As such, anti-gravity techs definitely need a new way of generating or recharging power. As a flying vehicle, it's not like they can easily gather Fibron, Carbonite or other fuel to burn, nor would it be easy to recharge from ground recharging stations. Considering how energy hungry they are, anti-gravity sounds very impractical. For now, I think I'd much rather stick with using fans, propellers, rotors and hovers, thank you very much! At least those things do not require batteries or fuel and I won't be afraid of crashing just by running out of energy.

#3 Thundercraft, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:55 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 6:00 AM
  4. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Well, the EXP Resource Radar didn't even act as a radar for quite some time, and that requires barely any time to give it that pre-existing code, so it isn't the only useless useful part.