The Duck Republic

Test Poll, what should you do?

• Total voters

The Grand Teki

I'm back
Affirmative. The Kestrel and it's crew are currently investigating a strange electromagnetic anomaly on the nearby planet of Malapet. They have been notified and will find the Kiwi's after this expedition.
Don't be sure that you'll find Kiwis there. It's far, and we have a base there too.
I'm gonna go sleeping, bye zzz

Lord_Chaos

Duck republic:

Because you are most like the continuum, I propose a "merge", were our two kingdoms become one and all members from both are part of the same "superkingdom", essentially making us even more powerful :)
you will have to lean towards no ruling structure, though

Website
duckduckgo.com
Duck republic:

Because you are most like the continuum, I propose a "merge", were our two kingdoms become one and all members from both are part of the same "superkingdom", essentially making us even more powerful :)
you will have to lean towards no ruling structure, though
Thank you for this proposal, but I am afraid I have to decline. I have notified our duck citizens and held a vote. The results were given to me not too long ago. It seems that a large majority of our citizens have decided not to merge our nations together. Perhaps it is because ducks value their independence and wish to be able to remain a citizen of their own nation. It is this thirst for independence that caused our ancestors to rebel against the oppressive Waterfowl Kingdom and form their own free nation.
Once again, thank you for your time.

Website
duckduckgo.com
I have bad news.
At 06:32 DST, our command centre received an emergency data dump from the Kestrel. This only happens when a catastrophic failure happens on the Kestrel. I think the following exploration log and bridge audio recording would explain why this happened.

EXPLORATION LOG #4
MAIN OBJECTIVE: INVESTIGATE ELECTROMAGNETIC ANOMALY
CREWMEMBERS INVOLVED: DONALD (LEADER), JERRY

Donald: Audio on.
Donald: Visual on.

*Camera turns on
Donald: Okay, this is exploration log #4, where we investigate an electromagnetic anomaly.
Jerry: Which way are we going?
Kestrel control: According to our scanners, about 500 metres in this direction. You should see it on your HUD now. That is the spot where the magnetic field is strongest.
Donald: Affirmative. Moving towards location.
Jerry: Wow this planet is dusty. You can barely see a thing!

*Crew walks toward location for the next 15 minutes, making casual observations on the way
Donald: We're close now. I can see some sort of rocky spire ahead.
Jerry: Ground looks weird too, it's shinier and a bit grey in places.

*Camera confirms these observations
Kestrel control: The magnetic field is strongest around that spire. Go and investigate.
Donald: Okay control. Jerry, take some samples of that weird ground, it might have to do with this anomaly.

*Donald walks toward spire
Donald: Doesn't look like anything special. Maybe we were wro-
*Camera shows Donald's wing phasing through spire
Donald: What was that!? Control, are you seeing this?
Kestrel control: Affirmative. Some sort of projection?
Donald: Maybe some sort of cloaking field, an advanced version that we can't detect...
Jerry: Donald! Look at this!
Donald: What is it?

*Camera shows a dusty hatch, with the words,"Kiwi Colony Ship Eden, Maintenance hatch #34"
Jerry: I found it when digging for samples.
Donald: Kiwi tech? Here? I don't like this, Control, requesting permission to abort mission!
Kestrel control: Permission granted, abort abort abort!

*Camera shakes as crew run back to Kestrel
Kestrel control: The Kestrel is maneuvering towards your position, we have to leave now!
END OF EXPLORATION LOG #4

BRIDGE AUDIO LOG
CREW: DONALD (CAPTAIN), KEN, JERRY, STEPHEN, DAVID

Donald: Main engines online.
*Engines whining
Ken: Setting course for the UESO base on this planet. ETA 30 minutes.
Jerry: How did they even get a whole ship down here in the first place?!
Donald: How would we know? Even the UESO don't know!
Stephen: Captain! We have multiple contacts emerging from the anomaly!
Donald: WHAT?!
David: I've compared them to our database, they are 97% similar to Kiwi PlanWrecker missiles!
Stephen: Missiles will intercept in 50 seconds! What do we do?
Donald: David, initiate emergency data dump! Ken, can we outmaneuver them?
Ken: No, the Kestrel is too slow and heavy.

*Silence for 40 seconds
Donald: It was nice being with you all.
END OF AUDIO LOG

The Kestrel suffered a catastrophic breach in its rear fuel tanks, igniting the fuel and causing a chain reaction, destroying the entire craft. May the crew onboard rest in peace.

The Grand Teki

I have bad news.
At 06:32 DST, our command centre received an emergency data dump from the Kestrel. This only happens when a catastrophic failure happens on the Kestrel. I think the following exploration log and bridge audio recording would explain why this happened.

EXPLORATION LOG #4
MAIN OBJECTIVE: INVESTIGATE ELECTROMAGNETIC ANOMALY
CREWMEMBERS INVOLVED: DONALD (LEADER), JERRY

Donald: Audio on.
Donald: Visual on.

*Camera turns on
Donald: Okay, this is exploration log #4, where we investigate an electromagnetic anomaly.
Jerry: Which way are we going?
Kestrel control: According to our scanners, about 500 metres in this direction. You should see it on your HUD now. That is the spot where the magnetic field is strongest.
Donald: Affirmative. Moving towards location.
Jerry: Wow this planet is dusty. You can barely see a thing!

*Crew walks toward location for the next 15 minutes, making casual observations on the way
Donald: We're close now. I can see some sort of rocky spire ahead.
Jerry: Ground looks weird too, it's shinier and a bit grey in places.

*Camera confirms these observations
Kestrel control: The magnetic field is strongest around that spire. Go and investigate.
Donald: Okay control. Jerry, take some samples of that weird ground, it might have to do with this anomaly.

*Donald walks toward spire
Donald: Doesn't look like anything special. Maybe we were wro-
*Camera shows Donald's wing phasing through spire
Donald: What was that!? Control, are you seeing this?
Kestrel control: Affirmative. Some sort of projection?
Donald: Maybe some sort of cloaking field, an advanced version that we can't detect...
Jerry: Donald! Look at this!
Donald: What is it?

*Camera shows a dusty hatch, with the words,"Kiwi Colony Ship Eden, Maintenance hatch #34"
Jerry: I found it when digging for samples.
Donald: Kiwi tech? Here? I don't like this, Control, requesting permission to abort mission!
Kestrel control: Permission granted, abort abort abort!

*Camera shakes as crew run back to Kestrel
Kestrel control: The Kestrel is maneuvering towards your position, we have to leave now!
END OF EXPLORATION LOG #4

BRIDGE AUDIO LOG
CREW: DONALD (CAPTAIN), KEN, JERRY, STEPHEN, DAVID

Donald: Main engines online.
*Engines whining
Ken: Setting course for the UESO base on this planet. ETA 30 minutes.
Jerry: How did they even get a whole ship down here in the first place?!
Donald: How would we know? Even the UESO don't know!
Stephen: Captain! We have multiple contacts emerging from the anomaly!
Donald: WHAT?!
David: I've compared them to our database, they are 97% similar to Kiwi PlanWrecker missiles!
Stephen: Missiles will intercept in 50 seconds! What do we do?
Donald: David, initiate emergency data dump! Ken, can we outmaneuver them?
Ken: No, the Kestrel is too slow and heavy.

*Silence for 40 seconds
Donald: It was nice being with you all.
END OF AUDIO LOG

The Kestrel suffered a catastrophic breach in its rear fuel tanks, igniting the fuel and causing a chain reaction, destroying the entire craft. May the crew onboard rest in peace.
Rest in peace Donald, Ken, Jerry, Stephen, David. szomojú bogyesz.png

Let me check the Death Recovery System of the colonist ship...
*searching for file "Information.log"*
*file found*
@QuackDuck, the file says the DRS was online during the incident, but the crew's names weren't in the list of the recovered ones. It is possible that the Kiwis knew about the DRS and made an inhibitor field generator for it. If that's the case, we will have to wait for backwards time travel. It is estimated that that will take a minimum of 4 years to develop. May the crew's souls be spared in the otherworld.

Update: Kestrel remains and takeoff spot found, Kiwi ship Eden still on site. Further scans show that it is heavily armed, even surpassing Titan class ships. Further details will follow...

Last edited:

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Website
tinyurl.com
@Senorragequit, you monster! But you were too late! We now know of one of your ship's locations. Sending a heavy vehicle carrier orbital dropship to the location.