The Duck Republic

Test Poll, what should you do?

• Total voters
Website
duckduckgo.com
[Wall of text ahead]

(I apologize for having two months of inactivity, but I was burnt out of TerraTech and also had exams going on, but I am back now.)

Due to a bug with the throttle controls and our new stabilisation system causing trouble with airship lift units, the system will now be removed from all large airships. Smaller airships like the Sky Frigate MKIII will continue to have the stabilisation system in place.

Our engineers have also made a replacement for the aging Dire Wolf assault cruiser. It was the first of our fleet to use new building techniques and technology, but unfortunately problems with its extreme fragility and high cost have rendered it obsolete.
Dire Wolf MKII.png
This is the MKII version. It has been completely redesigned to have significantly better shielding and has had its internal systems updated to make it easier to maintain in the future (there is now space on both ends of the airship for blocks used to tweak the CoM). It has also had an overhaul of its weapons and gyros to make it cheaper while still keeping it effective in combat. Compared to its predecessor, it is now around BB 800,000 cheaper, despite being much larger and having more batteries. It also looks cool.

There is also a new fighter, the Trident.
Trident.png
It is designed to be more heavily armed and armoured than the Spear and Thunderbird, our current fighters, while still keeping the same good agility. It flies at a respectable 128mph, with 4 Avalanche missiles and 1 Seeker missile pod as its main armament. There are plenty of attachment points on the bottom of the Trident for mounting weapons, making it a versatile craft.

P.S. I'm updating the first few posts to make them easier to read, so they will look broken for a while.

Last edited:
Website
duckduckgo.com
Update: The first few posts have been fixed and updated

Changes:
- Removed election details. This is a ducktatorship now I thought it was not needed because of the very low member count and that each president is only active for a few months, so not much can happen in that time. I would also like to guide the Duck Republic and its lore in the direction I want it to. Don't worry, I will always take suggestions from others and will take them under consideration when making decisions.
- Provided new example techs.
- Reorganised tech details and made the format easier to read.
- Changed some tech designations
> The Fenrir is now a battleship
> All fighters are now grouped under Fighter Craft, with no subclasses as of now. This will most probably change in the future
> Made new Specials category in Airships and also Support Units in Land techs

I think that's it.

Last edited:

TheGamingEnder

lemonian founder of Z-tech corp
I would like to be in this Republic of the Ducks. I am in only allied or neutral kingdoms to yours(the GA is a neutral, Z-sector seems to be dead but is neutral, and my kingdom I own, Z-tech, is neutral, and the Lemon Kingdom is an ally to you.).

Website
duckduckgo.com
I would like to be in this Republic of the Ducks. I am in only allied or neutral kingdoms to yours(the GA is a neutral, Z-sector seems to be dead but is neutral, and my kingdom I own, Z-tech, is neutral, and the Lemon Kingdom is an ally to you.).
I'm very sorry, but I'm afraid the "One Kingdom" rule for the application for citizenship in the Republic still applies even if the Kingdoms you are in are allied with ours. Previously, two kingdoms which were allied to each other threatened to go to war with each other, which caused a lot of confusion among some of its members as they were in both kingdoms and didn't know which one to support. This rule was made to prevent situations like this arising. I apologize for not being able to grant you citizenship.

If you would still like to support the Duck Republic, we welcome techs which are built as gifts for the Republic. You will be properly credited on the tech page of course and you will have my gratitude.

Website
duckduckgo.com
Our engineers have been busy, there are now many new tech updates.

First, we have two new airships, the Kometa light artillery
Kometa.png
and the Wolke aerial resupply airship.
Wolke.png
Both are valuable additions to our fleet. The Kometa is very cheap and easily mass produced, allowing us to have a better advantage when attacking stationary or slow moving targets. The Wolke may look antique, but it allows our aerial vehicles to recharge and resupply while in the air or on the go, keeping the fleet mobile and ready for battle.

We also have 2 new land techs, the Landship,
Landship.png
and the Landship Charger, which unfortunately I cannot show due to technical difficulties.

Both techs are based upon a common chassis, allowing for easier manufacturing and repair. The Landship is a fairly cheap yet effective tank, with a small generator section on its back to keep it charged. The Landship Charger is a mobile charger like the Wanderer, but cheaper.

There is a new addition to the Missile series of cars, the Mini Missile. It's very cute.

I have also added a new section to the Civilian tech post, the Buildings section. There is where I will show all the civilian buildings the Republic has. Currently, it contains airship docks, houses and mobile houses.

All our hovertanks have been updated, now with a new stabilisation system to keep them in position when not moving. There have also been some other minor updates made to them which I can't remember.

The Puffin and Moonbeam cargo airships have been updated to their latest versions.

I think that's it, hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Website
duckduckgo.com
The Sky Frigate MKIII has been updated to V4
Sky Frigate MKIIIV4.png
The rear healing bubbles have been changed to GSO and some internals reworked to make it slightly more agile and cheaper. The Avalanche missiles now stick out instead of being recessed into the hull to allow for better firing angles.

Our scientists are currently experimenting with atmospheric satellite technology.
Scoutellite.png
The atmospheric satellites, as their name suggests, work within the atmosphere while still maintaining a very high and stable altitude. The satellites use aerial anchor technology which we, uhh, borrowed from the Parrots of Arcadia when one of their older craft crashed into the sea.

They can possibly be used as resupply stations for airships to stop them wasting time from going up and down all the time. Some thought has been put towards making them aerial turrets to defend against high-altitude threats, but there is also the danger of the anchor being destroyed and the satellite gaining altitude uncontrollably.

We are also conducting field tests of more traditional static defense systems, hopefully we will get some results soon.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
The Sky Frigate MKIII has been updated to V4

We are also conducting field tests of more traditional static defense systems, hopefully we will get some results soon.

Would you like some samples of defense turrets? We do have an...extensive arsenal of them. Free of charge of course.