The Dragon's Hangar - Home of Chrii's brilliant creations

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Germland Institute in Scotmany
The new crafting system is complex and not too easy to handle as we don't have a resource SCU yet.
Therefore, I tryed to create a base which is able to produce any block (for GSO at least).

Those two are the ones I came up with:

FullyCraftedV2
FullyCraftedV2.png
Able to do the job with 2xGrade1ComponentFactory, 1xGrade2ComponentFactory and 1x Grade3ComponentFactory.
An GSO-fabricator and some backflow and Overflow mechanics.
Only one silo for basic resources though.

CraftItV2

CraftItV2.png
This is another version of a base to get the job done.
This time with full overflow and recycling circles.

Let me know what you think of those approaches and if you like or dislike the more complex crafting, as it is now.

Reactions: reaperx1 and Jaime

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Today, I was fiddling around with the new crafting again and came up with a base, which produces exotic components to sell them automatically and provides overflow and filtering options throughout.
This base is set to produce ProximaDark, hence it's name:

ProximaDarkV9
ProximaDarkV9.png
Unfortunately, you have to set the component factories yourself, as the game doesn't save their settings, which would be important to have (@zanzistar , @Greg ).
It would also make basebuilding much better if the filters could be set to several resources/components at the same time (with a menu, where we can click on/off for multiple parts). The complete left section of the base is dedicated to that purpose right now, which is bulky and complex.

In principle, this base can easily be changed to produce any other of the exotic components as well.
My next project will be a base, which directs resources in a way, that all three exotics will be crafted as best as it can be made in one base. The filter-suggestion from above would be awesome to have for such a project.

An alternator which can be set to proportions would also be nice to have.
This alternator should have settings, where I can choose something like 4:1 which means, that 4 resources goes to the left conveyor and then 1 goes to the right, switching back to 4 left...

Here I also present you with a harvestertech to test this base:

MultiHarvestV2
MultiHarvestV2.png
Pure fun to use in the R&D resource area.

Sorry, this time it is usefull, but in it's huge shape it is kind of useless as well...
Scrapping huge amount of blocks is still superior to any effort you make in crafting components big time.
My minimum effort maximum efficiency scrapper should earn you money like crazy with those components now:
MinEfoMaxEfiV4.png

May the zestiness be with you!

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Today I have some "left-overs" for you. Including some updated versions of techs and other fun stuff:

I made the proxima dark crafting base a bit more efficient:

ProximaDarkV11
ProximaDarkV11.png
This base sorts resources and component in the right relations to every factory.

In addition, I wanted to change my forum avatar and built a big useless-machine for that some time ago (see those resources... you can't get those from scrapping now):

NameTechV9+10
NameTechV9.png
NameTechV10.png
I was not too sure about the outcome, so I kept my old avatar.
Let me know what you think about those.

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Inspired by an old build of a cart-style tech I made a bumpercar:

BumperBlitzV1
BumperBlitzV1.png
Fast, agil, manoeverable,... FUN!

BumperCartV1

BumperCartV1.png
A bit less speed n fun, a bit more style. This one is the essence of a bumpercar for me.
Can't wait till multiplayer!

More fun builds? YES, I have them...
This tech was inspired by @Baconus_Yum 's Cannon:

MiniCannonV4
MiniCannonV4.png
It is so much fun to play with it.
Fill it to the brim with Venture-Thrusters and hit space just once... KAPOW goes the cannon.
You can also drop single thrusters just in front of the cannon and shoot them away one by one.
I'm curious if you can use such a contraption as an anti-air-defense in multiplayer.
@saiwun might try to do so in the multitesting with the devs, as I know that he likes to shoot down those planes from @Anton ... ;)

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Last post for now contains... FLYERS!
You know me, I love to fly around in TerraTech.

This time I present some prototype-techs fresh from the hangar for first test-flights:

NewVTOLV2
NewVTOLV2.png
I combined my expirience in building VTOLS with realistic controls and my love for puristic builds in this copter.
It flys completely without using gyros or th hoverglitch and is heavily armed.
You got to try it! I was able to do a single loop with this one.

After this, @streak1 made a discovery about a way to use ground-controls in the air by keeping the cabs wheels in contakt with a block.
This is my best approach to a working design for this up to now:

BlockOtronV12

BlockOtronV12.png
This tech needs to be loaded in R&D and centered with the button.
Then load this tech in addition...

MotorblockV1
MotorblockV1.png
... and center it as well.

EDIT: here is a short clip of the assembly: https://clips.twitch.tv/HeartlessDrabGnatNotATK

It should snap in the middle of the BlockOtron and makes it hover right away.
Switch to the BlockOtron and take over control.
With some practise you will be able to fully control this drone.
When rising or drifting to much hit space to quickly descend or try to touch the ground softly to reposition the motor, which makes the drone hover perfectly stable with a upward drift of about 0.5-1 feet per second.

Try those, let me know what you think and give some feedback.

May the zestiness be with you!

Last edited:

Nocallia

Administrator
Aug 7, 2015
Elsewhere
This tech was inspired by @Baconus_Yum 's Cannon:

MiniCannonV4
View attachment 11669
It is so much fun to play with it.
Fill it to the brim with Venture-Thrusters and hit space just once... KAPOW goes the cannon.
You can also drop single thrusters just in front of the cannon and shoot them away one by one.
I'm curious if you can use such a contraption as an anti-air-defense in multiplayer.
@saiwun might try to do so in the multitesting with the devs, as I know that he likes to shoot down those planes from @Anton ... ;)
Now I want to do a cannon brawl with you. ;)

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Okay, I proudly present my new minigame.

It is the TerraTech remake of one of the first videogames ever available and it will become great fun to play in multiplayer. Without further ado, here is:

!!! CRAZY PONG !!!

PongArenaV12
PongArenaV12.png
This is the arena, load it and center it as the first tech.
Spawn in two cabbies and drive them to each side of the tech.
Center them to the lines of HE-brackets and load one of these techs each side:

PongPadV3
PongPadV3.png
The tech should place perfectly between the top two lines and move back and forth with ease.
Load in another cab and center it in the middle.
Change to the following tech:

PongBallV5
PongBallV5.png
With this, you are set.
Start the fun by taking one PongPad each player and set the PongBall to be an enemy-tech.

It might start very slow, but once in motion, the ball will add momentum quite fast and hover around crazy quick.

Let me know if it works for you and feel free to make suggestions to make it better (ball varieties, pads,...).

I would be honoured if you try this out in one of your multiplayer tests @Jamie, @Greg, @Zeena, @zanzistar, @Anton, ...

Have some fun and may the zestiness be with you!

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
The speedcrafty-challenge is round the corner and I built some designs to participate (and win it hopefully).

This is my design for the Springerwheel speedcraft:
SpringerSpeedcraftV7.png

On the way, I developed a base which is able to do all the possible blocks in a decent time if loaded with the correct blocks:

CraftitallV7
CraftitallV7.png
This base is a charm, try it out with my creative save from above, if you like.

Reactions: reaperx1

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
During my long journeys through the worlds of TerraTech I was able to find this beauty:

LemonTreeV6
LemonTreeV6.png
A lemontree in full bloom and hanging with fruits.
I was able to collect some and plant the seedlings in the remains of the golden grove.
The lemons will resurrect!

In addition to that, Ade challenged us to build him a Delorean from Back to the future.
I couldn't resist to do it and this is what I came up with:

DeloreanV11

DeloreanV11.png
Isn't it a beauty?I makes the 88 mph easily when boosted and has some features of the original.
DeloreanV12.png
Engage the time-warp... with an opened door.

Kris demonstrated in the stream, that this beast is even able to handle some terrain... try it out.

May the Zestiness be with you!

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Hmm, it seems like it's time to post some projects, which I made over the last weeks.
So let's go:

First there are some crafting projects, inspired by the speedy-crafting challenge:

6thSpeedyCraftV2
6thSpeedyCraftV2.png
The fastest Venture-Springer-Wheel crafting base with automated component crafting I've built and seen so far.
Feel free to try and surpass the time, this beauty takes to craft a wheel.

CraftingRackV1
CraftingRackV1.png
This is the essence for automated crafting, which was condensed from the experience I made in the challenge.
It is a study for crafting, more then a working concept.
The placement and spacing of the component factories makes the base to choose the right line automatically.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work in the normal game, due it's size.

CraftItAllV9
CraftItAllV9.png
I tryed to compact this design a bit and made it more user-friendly, but I guess, that this is as far as automation goes at the moment. This base-design is flawed and therefore a work-in-progress.
Feel free to try it out and make it better.

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Second in line, some monsters, which were built and designed for the Get Rekkkkt challenge and evolved somehow:

DaGyläKyleV2
DaGyläKyleV2.png
This tech made me a second place in the challenge to destroy the cube in R&D in the fastest time.

It's reverse version is pretty as well:

BlackHoleSunV2
BlackHoleSunV2.png
Deadly pretty.

Both techs can be repositioned by pressing "B" and using "SHIFT" to jump forward.

I decided to place some Geo-tracks and additional blocks to make it a monster-roamer:

BlackHoleSunV7
BlackHoleSunV7.png
This tech might make a boss for maingame as well.

Fell free to try those out and witness the power of the railgun.

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Where are your flyers you ask?
Okay, no real flying this time, but those techs feel like flyers, even if they just use the intense hover-power of the Venture hover-pad:

HoverDroneV1
HoverDroneV1.png
Fast drone to explore the vast maps of TerraTech.
Fun tech to play around with in main-game and creative.
Can also be used as an army of wasps to guard your base or roaming tech.

StarWarsHoverBikeV2
StarWarsHoverBikeV2.png
Art meets Fun meets Functionallity.
This tech is nice looking, feeling and extreem fun to use.
Give it a go.

May the Zestiness be with you!

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
FINALLY! Sumo is back and I am HYPED like there is no tomorrow.

Here are some early creations:

RockulusV1
RockulusV1.png
A harmless tech just there to test the strength and behaviour of your monster-techs.

StingRayV1

StingRayV1.png
This is a first build still successful tech, which surprised me with it's power in the ring.
Might iron out the design to make it a viable competitor.

Do behold, I have a tech hidden in the deep dark corners of my hangar that will be the next Grand-SumoChamp for sure. The beast will be unleashed in the next official livestream and behold... it will surprise you, as it did surprise me.

Some community-members and I are planning some huge projects for sumo in close cooperation with some of the devs. Stay tuned for news regarding this project.

May all your battles be zesty!

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Due to a recent discussion about programable delivery cannons in a livestream of @DerNiepe , I designed some concept techs that I wanted to share with you.

These techs can sell certain resources, which are determined by the fabricators settings.
I guess this is a viable option to create an overflow system in your main base, as well as a money generator if some tweaks are implemented to convert those resources into components.

ProgDelCanV1.png
Up and down are just two versions of the same selling concept. this is simple proof of principle

ProgBaseV2.png
A little advanced with a little sorting and refill options.

Have fun with this idea and may the Zestiness be with you!

DerNiepe

Jan 6, 2017
Germany
Due to a recent discussion about programable delivery cannons in a livestream of @DerNiepe , I designed some concept techs that I wanted to share with you.

These techs can sell certain resources, which are determined by the fabricators settings.
I guess this is a viable option to create an overflow system in your main base, as well as a money generator if some tweaks are implemented to convert those resources into components.

View attachment 13550
Up and down are just two versions of the same selling concept. this is simple proof of principle

View attachment 13549
A little advanced with a little sorting and refill options.

Have fun with this idea and may the Zestiness be with you!
Let me "How-to use-that" for you :D

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Man it's been a while since I stopped by. Sorry about that. I was missing out on a lot of cool stuff that you have been working on.

Have a good one [8D)

Chrii_the_Vieh

Oct 26, 2015
Man it's been a while since I stopped by. Sorry about that. I was missing out on a lot of cool stuff that you have been working on.

Have a good one [8D)
Thanks man, this compliment from you means a whole lot to me!

Since I have been busy with sumo (see my signature) lately I don't have too many techs to show yet.
You have to wait till the next Sumonday is over to get the pngs of those monsters.

I hope to make the waiting a little easier for you with these three tech, that are my submissions for the people print challenge part2:

FroggerV2
FroggerV2.png
Not the prettiest of them all, but inspiration brought it to live in TerraTech.

TrikerStrikerV1
TrikerStrikerV1.png
I love this little artbuild, it came to live without much struggle, just like the undead Pirate has.

TwizCartV2
TwizCartV2.png
Works, looks nice and is 5x5x5, got to love it!

I hope I can win another 3D-print for my collection and wish all contenders best of luck and a lot of zestiness!

JOIN THE SUMONDAY!

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
@Chrii_the_Vieh you're welcome, you make it easy to compliment your techs ;). Btw, Very cool techs! I am likin' that dude on the monster two wheeler :).
Your third tech though has flight blocks which are not allowed in the challenge unless things changed.
You may want to double check.

Have a good one [8D)