The Best Terra Tech Helicopters Ever Made.

Skyfire590

Feb 20, 2017
I kid you not I still cant believe how well this flies, even thought its the size of a decent GeoCorp Tech. It took almost 17 small scales and 3 large scales to figure out center of mass, and how to best control it, and I have to say the results are spectacular. I'm sorry for the rough video but its the best I can do at the moment.

What do you guys think

Small Scale Control System Test

Final large Heli demo

I would love to see your feedback ideas and designs

Last edited:

Skyfire590

Feb 20, 2017
I like it. The unfortunate problem in Terra Tech is the lack of key mapping for specific tech, and frustratingly it mean having to either have the ability to strafe or the ability to zero point turn, but not both. It seems I went for strafing and speed and you went for some pretty rock solid turning.

Just what I hoped for, What better way to draw out cool designs than to brag in a forum post, But honestly if we can get enough designs together maybe we can unlock the secret to letting our helicopters do all the things helicopters do.
We might have to have a little competition, then :p. Good thing I've got enough payload capacity for 12 more cruise missiles.

Last edited:

Skyfire590

Feb 20, 2017
Anyway to give you specifics on my large scale Heli.
Top Speed: 94 forward and sided to side 79 backwards

2 stabilizers mounted in line with center of mass
10 5-way hover steers. 5 over each rotor.

Last edited:

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
Might as well drag this one from the dead.

Sadly it don't work anymore in this iteration since the rotor power update as they body is too light to compensate the lifting power of the blades. Still one of my best and favorite heli types I have ever made. I do want to come back to this idea sometime later but not sure when though as the system to make it work (as it is a multi-tech) is rather unstable and finicky as the video shows at one part (3:14-3:50).

My Osprey Bomber Mk 4

Last edited:

JJ2078

Oct 1, 2017
guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys........... YT vids are cool and all and we get to see it in action. brilliant... but include a snapshot too, yeah? i REALLY want to see it in action... in my own game..

Reactions: Captain Load

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys........... YT vids are cool and all and we get to see it in action. brilliant... but include a snapshot too, yeah? i REALLY want to see it in action... in my own game..
For mine they upped the lifting power of the fans/rotors so it now destroys my MT osprey due to this. I need to do a complete overhaul/redesign for it to work properly now. Others probably need to do this too as they are all based off the old lift models.

JJ2078

Oct 1, 2017
That's one problems for the players in a game in mid development.. frequent updates make snapshots frequently obsolete.

its a good problem to have though.