Text display bug

When playing the majority of text in the game will be unreadable and keep changing into random letters and numbers they will sometimes just vanish entirely I have reinstalled my drivers, the game, steam and validated my game files all multiple times yet still have this problem.

The problem doesn't effect the messages at the bottom of the screen such as when doing a mission but effects everything else including names item descriptions and counters for the number of stored items, this makes building anything with my inventory very difficult and I cannot even attempt crafting as I have to use the images alone to find what I need to craft it.

I can sometimes get readable text by changing my in game language or graphics quality although this doesn't always work and will only fix the problem for a few minutes
I have attached 2 images but today the game was being nice and missions where actually readable in the top left of the screen when it bugs out again I will add an image of that if I remember.

thanks in advance for any help.

1556267540893.png 1556268016555.png

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
a little bit more info regarding the computer eg a dxdiag (assuming windows computer) also the language the operating system is set for ,
a long while ago I had seen something that appeared slightly similar, in that case it was oxidised ram and video card connectors and a dying video card. assuming a windows tower computer, you could try shutting down the computer opening the side, and unplugging the RAM and video card and re-installing(this assumes you are willing to open and work inside the computer )if not you could take it to a local computer tech/shop and ask them to do the contact clean

thanks for the replies,
a little bit more info regarding the computer eg a dxdiag (assuming windows computer) also the language the operating system is set for ,
a long while ago I had seen something that appeared slightly similar, in that case it was oxidised ram and video card connectors and a dying video card. assuming a windows tower computer, you could try shutting down the computer opening the side, and unplugging the RAM and video card and re-installing(this assumes you are willing to open and work inside the computer )if not you could take it to a local computer tech/shop and ask them to do the contact clean
I will run a dxdiag in the morning as its late at the moment but for the rest of the info my PC is set to English UK and my case should be fine in terms of the RAM getting oxidised as I installed new RAM about 2 months ago and am now using 4 RAM sticks the PC is also only 2 years old so I doubt my graphics card is messing up but I will open it up and have a proper look and a reinstall I'm a uni computing student so it wont be a problem for me.

Zorgomol

Not a Number
This does look like your graphics card is defective. Even if the game install was broken somehow then the characters would not be changing randomly while on screen. Reseating the graphics card might help but if it has been working for two years I really don't think oxidation would be an issue, but it is worth a try. PCIe connectors are generally gold-plated so that they do not oxidize easily.

I'd also suggest trying some freely available GPU benchmarks since those usually stress graphics cards even more than most games.