~Terratech Seed Garden~

ScarecrowAtMidnight

This is the thread where you share seeds with some interesting features, a strange name, etc. Just keep it appropriate. I do NOT want to have to asterisk any posts. Seeds will go into the "Garden", shown below. My hope is that this can expand into a hub for people who want a specific world or feature. If you have any issues with a seed (Features are off, what was promised was not given, etc.) post the problem here, and I'll look into it. Most likely the game updated and messed with the generator. If it has indeed been altered, the seed will be removed or put on a hiatus until a new feature can be proven for it. I am the seed farmer, and I don't want any locusts chewing up the crop.

~Seed Garden~
IceFireXD: Base Bomb Fragments spawn in close proximity to the player's cab
ReApErSmAdNeSs: "It has some huge salt flats that are great for making bases" ~Reaperx1
FatBlackCat: "There's nothing special about base distribution, but it has a really great building spot, with a steep, flat topped cliff at the edge of the starting location, right on the edge of a salt flats" ~Azirahael
Legionair: "The trade station usually spawns in salt plains" ~NovaLegion
emma: "Trade station is in mountains. Fairly easy base distribution. Great areas to build bases all around" ~HuggyBear
Terrastory: "All biomes are close to starting position. Also, 1000 BB to start." ~Matik2002
Big Mac [Possible risk seed]: "The player spawns very close to an expansive Salt Flats biome (actually, the first base bomb is there). (Unconfirmed) Usually the player can initiate a glitch where multiple GSO trading stations spawn in the map (I had 4, however if you are unable to spawn multiples I can post my my game save for those who want it). Beware that should this glitch be initiated, you may recieve multiple missions and certain game mechanics may not function correctly." ~Raeffion
oeldL8D4TgzOw4J: "You spawn really close to the solar generator, and you are right on the corner border of a desert and a mountain area. Makes it really easy to put your vendor in the grasslands, and makes it quick to unlock a lot of blocks." ~streak1
Crobat: "You spawn right next to some expansive mountains." ~Bluejay1011

Last edited:

ScarecrowAtMidnight

I've got a seed to post. IceFireXD. Heh. I was trying out random usernames... and then I came across this beauty of a seed. All of the Base Bomb Fragments spawn REALLY close to you. I mean it would take only a minute to get all of them.

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
Is there any way to convert a random seed into a more pseudo-less-random one? Jumbled letters and numbers into something easier to remember? I know you can do that for java, but the seeds here use a different system of generation..

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
I've been using ReApErSmAdNeSs for a while now. It has some huge salt flats that are great for making bases.

ExileFox

There was a previous tread like this, so i'll just quote some seeds...

'Serenity' is pretty good for bases... three or four within a stones throw of the starting location. Can't take credit for the seed, found it on these boards a day or so ago (and then my game save must've corrupted because i would only encounter Dirt Spikes, regardless of where I was).
"0.5.11" has Power Plant right next to the starting grassland, guarded by Bosun. Easy way to get shields, if you can beat teh guardian. Also has the Salt Flats nearby.
Seed "Minecraft" has a base to the south west and another to the north west, just at the edge of the starting grassland with really nice stuff

matik2002

If I had full TerraTech I would write in @Jamie @KattStrike and other devs as seeds.
Then it would be :p :p :p :p :p and more :p for each developer at Payload Studios.

Azirahael

FatBlackCat

There's nothing special about base distribution, but it has a really great building spot, with a steep, flat topped cliff at the edge of the starting location, right on the edge of a salt flats.
Also, the Trade Station always seems to spawn there too.

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
Also, the Trade Station always seems to spawn there too.
Hmm, that's a question: Is the vendor location determined by the seed?

If so, the seeds where the vendor is in a grassland might be notable. After all, grasslands don't spawn invaders, and it would be better to have the vendor near your base than far away from it.

ScarecrowAtMidnight

Alright. These are all good seeds. I will hold off on ExileFox's, because I'm not sure if they're up to date since he mentioned them being from an old thread.

HuggyBear

Seed: emma

Trade station is in mountains. Fairly easy base distribution. Great areas to build bases all around.

matik2002

Seed...
Terrastory
All biomes are close to starting position.
Also, 1000 BB to start.

Last edited:

Raeffion

Seed: Big Mac

The player spawns very close to an expansive Salt Flats biome (actually, the first base bomb is there)

(Unconfirmed) Usually the player can initiate a glitch where multiple GSO trading stations spawn in the map (I had 4, however if you are unable to spawn multiples I can post my my game save for those who want it). Beware that should this glitch be initiated, you may recieve multiple missions and certain game mechanics may not function correctly.

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
Seed: oeldL8D4TgzOw4J

You spawn really close to the solar generator, and you are right on the corner border of a desert and a mountain area. Makes it really easy to put your vendor in the grasslands, and makes it quick to unlock a lot of blocks.

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
Looks like the trade station spawns depending on the bot you destroyed to get the last of the 750 xp. The game puts a line between you and the bot you just destroyed and puts the vendor in that direction. So, if you destroy the last bot so that the line faces the grassland biome, you can make the vendor spawn there.

Raeffion

Looks like the trade station spawns depending on the bot you destroyed to get the last of the 750 xp. The game puts a line between you and the bot you just destroyed and puts the vendor in that direction. So, if you destroy the last bot so that the line faces the grassland biome, you can make the vendor spawn there.
That makes more sense, the last tech I destroyed before getting 750 xp actually had multiple cabs, though there were three cabs, not four. I guess I got pretty lucky then.