TerraTech Mod Manager

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
As long as you set TTMM to use the right directory, it should work. Are you downloading the mods? You cannot check or uncheck server mods. They display as checked if they exist on your system.
Are you using the latest Executable.zip from the releases page on github? If anything, try extracting that to the desktop.

You can find me on the TT discord
ive done everything i can to make it work, and now i think this is the last thing i can do, but how do i do it?

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
ive done everything i can to make it work, and now i think this is the last thing i can do, but how do i do it?
Try disabling your antivirus briefly, or add an exception for TTMM.
I know @Seth_Seth could only get it working after uninstalling his antivirus, but I would not advise that...

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
@WhitePaw2002 , Love the "First Person" cab, I don't know what I ever did without it. Funny thing though, I forgot about it being on a tech I made today that I sent to the workshop and the snapshot it sent to steam was a FP view looking out the windscreen of the tech even though the one it saved to my machine was normal outside view. I thought, cool maybe people will wonder how so I linked it to the mod (above). Hope that's ok with you.

GK vec

GK 光轲
I tried the TerraTech Mod Manager and the window7 told me the QMODManager was crashed and ask me to close it. If I close the dialog box it will have a new dialog box saying the TerraTech Mod Manager was crashed and then I have to close it. If I don't close the first dialog box, I can use the TerraTech Mod Manager but even so I can't use any mod in the game. What should I do?

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Over 2 months later... Is it still not safe to download Hover Dampening? (Just asking to clarify.)
After two months I can confirm that this mod is safe... even with the unstables.
HOWEVER: It does cause odd shaking with the BF cab unless that is set in the config.

Last edited:

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
I tried the TerraTech Mod Manager and the window7 told me the QMODManager was crashed and ask me to close it. If I close the dialog box it will have a new dialog box saying the TerraTech Mod Manager was crashed and then I have to close it. If I don't close the first dialog box, I can use the TerraTech Mod Manager but even so I can't use any mod in the game. What should I do?
I'm running Windows 7 as well, and though it does pop up saying that It "stopped responding" its not a crash. Its just incorrectly reading "timeout" I think. When you launch the Mod Manager, right click on it and select "run as administrator". The "not responding" dialog will probably still come up. Just move the little window out of the way (or minimize it) and go on about your business. Afterward it may say that "it may not have installed correctly", and give you a choice of installing again with recommended settings, or ignore it. Choose the first one, and let windows do it's thing. In the beginning i thought it wasn't working, but it actually was. The bottom half of Mod Manager window will show a list of what's available, just select each one (one at a time) and click the download button. After a few seconds you'll see it show up in the top section. If one of the entries in the top section is in bold text that indicates that there is an update available for it. If you then select it the button that clicked for download will then say update. Click it. When you're done with them all close it and launch the game. Watch the screen while the game is booting ( in between that first blue screen and just before the menu screen). and you will see in the top left corner , a list of what it loaded. Not all mods will be available in campaign mode, but most will. If I left anything out, or if you still have trouble let us know. Good luck! I hope this helps. -Rooster
Note: If the above doesn't work then either you incorrectly selected your install directory, or your antivirus is probably to blame. Try suspending it until you're through with the install. Be sure to re-activate it afterwards.

Balthazaar

Help!
I'm quite noob with mods in general, and i cant make it work..
I've download the Mod manager and download some mods but nothing appears in game.
I need to do something else to make it work?

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Website
1drv.ms
Help!
I'm quite noob with mods in general, and i cant make it work..
I've download the Mod manager and download some mods but nothing appears in game.
I need to do something else to make it work?
No worries! I'll try to help as much as I can:
  • You are definitely running Windows? TTMM2 doesn't work with any other OSs.
  • Have you downloaded TTMM2?
  • Are you getting error messages that recommend you use GitHub tokens?
Other than that there's nothing else I really could suppose would be wrong, they're working absolutely fine for me.

christopherrivers

when i click continue it opens some random "connection cancelled" crap and asks me if i want to open or save "artificial intelligence bomb" which is a dumb vid with the general idea of "don't copy what you didn't make".

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
when i click continue it opens some random "connection cancelled" crap and asks me if i want to open or save "artificial intelligence bomb" which is a dumb vid with the general idea of "don't copy what you didn't make".
This should only happen if you pirated the game. If otherwise, please get in contact with me so we can resolve this.

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
Kinda wrong thread, but... no idea what the fov is, but you can set the trigger keys for your control blocks by right clicking on them. Pistons default to space and Swivels default to either arrow up and down, or Arrow left and right, depending on their orientation on the tech. R toggles between first person modes for the FP cab and observatory domes.

Hope that helps.

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
One of the mods only works in campaign mode. that might be your issue. 'Cheats' i beleive. could be wrong. i dont really use them.