TerraTech Leaving Early Access & Coming To Console!

Zed

Broken AI won't look very good for a fully released game... It may be acceptable in early access, but after that, it really isn't.
In the 081 stable creative save attached below "speedy mk2" has very little difficulty properly following the gso harvester along the sand dunes.

Additionally regarding the larger topic of AI, the enemy AI as stated previous is decent, Stationary friendly AI do their job of defending (ala turret joe featured in campaign) and following friendly AI can be considered "passable, yet simplistic"

In a more concise form, following AI can be compared to flying / hover techs which require patience and practice to design effectively.

Attachments

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader
Website
sites.google.com
@WhitePaw2002 Okay, here we go. The devs won't fix the AI before 1.0, so we all need someone to fix it by then. I think you know where this is going...
Maybe you and some other modders could collaborate and try to rebuild the AI to work better. Emphasis on "Maybe".
YES PLS

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
@WhitePaw2002 Okay, here we go. The devs won't fix the AI before 1.0, so we all need someone to fix it by then. I think you know where this is going...
Maybe you and some other modders could collaborate and try to rebuild the AI to work better. Emphasis on "Maybe".
If this happens, along with the other fixes by Whitepaw get implemented, it'll be partially whitepaw's game.

harpo99999

ah kick till it starts
my guess is that poor whitepaw's mind was blown away from the request to work on the ai of the game, while whitepaw has many excellent mods, the AI coding is in a completely different league, and the are not many people that I have heard of that are good at creating working ai eg sorren that had created several improved ai for total annialation, and was employed on planetary annialation

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
Broken AI won't look very good for a fully released game... It may be acceptable in early access, but after that, it really isn't.
@Jamie @Zeena
This single post has 11 likes, which is only 1 short of the first post in this thread (as of now). That is probably something worth considering.

It may also be my most liked post (but maybe not, I cant remember), so that's also something worth considering.

Last edited:

ifnotthe2nd

Take the player AI out then for the most part... Make it so all it can do is turn the guns on when enemies approach close enough for one to actually hit something... Maybe even change its name to defense module or something... The one AI tech I made took off and I'm still not sure where it went... Maybe you could have a "legion" dlc later with AI that can move your tech...

ifnotthe2nd

Because there is no good way to detach AI craft from your vehicle. Then, there's no good way to return them to your craft or base when their task is done. Next, they twitch and have a tendency to take off, till they're completely off your map, never to be seen again...

If they will not fix these things then, little eight year olds playing TT on their switches most likely will be quite frustrated... They seem to suggest in this thread that they don't plan to fix them before 1.0 release so...

So, kick it down the road. That way they can have the time to give it the polish it needs... A dock hatch or landing pad for AI to "go to." An AI that can have and actually do tasks, like gather, guard, patrol etc... AI would be a great addition to this game and putting it in a DLC would help see that they have the financial backing to make it happen...

Last edited:

Khaine

I don't ask much of allied AI, just that the turrets and vehicles shoot when something comes into range. If it can't do anything else properly then remove the AI cabs and be done with it. 50% working features are 50% buggy features.