TerraTech Block List and Info [1.3.1.5 & 1.3.2.0]

HeX

What Am I?
Sorry for the no reply. I haven't been home recently so I haven't seen any of this.
The block dump is made using a mod which I cannot share because of the rules provided by the devs.
@bmoulton I would greatly appreciate it if you could do the parsing as I don't know how to do it myself. If you could, please send me your email.

I've made some progress on a web page to dynamically display this data: Block List v0.1.4

See the GitHub project for documentation, examples (and feel free to contribute) & report bugs or suggest features here.

I'd appreciate any feedback about this project also, both positive and negative.

A good part of the reason for me doing this was to learn and practice these technologies and I know there is much room for improvement.

Present features are:
  • Dynamic (based of JSON data, so easy to update etc)
  • Button to expand/show additional details for each block
  • Filtering via javascript regex, global and for each column
  • Multi-column sorting (hold shift)
  • Copy / Export data for spreadsheet

I would like to add a lot more information, such as recipe, damage and whatever stats we can get our hands on. There's 2 things holding this up:
  1. Missing information (need more block function stats)
  2. Difficult to query data format. This GH issue Optimise 'tag' json data format probably shows this best, and what would work better.
If I can get hold of the source for the mod doing the export I'm confident I could modify it to export a JSON file in the format we require (I've done similar before in C#).

@HeX , @bmoulton Is this something that interests you? If so, what's a good way to talk? I joined the discord channel: DannyA#8355 or PM here? Or maybe join the GitHub project?

[Edit] Should I be posting this in another thread? I didn't because it's directly related. I don't want to hijack this or step on anyone's toes so if anyone feels that way can you please let me know? Cheers.

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Sooo, something interesting to share...

The copy of the file I'm working (1.3.1.1) with says the rate of fire (or shot cooldown) of the megaton is 1. That is, one shot every second. If you actually measure it in game, it's one shot every two seconds.

Thoughts?

1. Could there be a shot warmup deay as well?

2. Can it (or other guns) fire immediately after placing the block?

3. How do other guns measured rate of fire compare with their documented ROF?

@HeX , @bmoulton Is this something that interests you? If so, what's a good way to talk? I joined the discord channel: DannyA#8355 or PM here? Or maybe join the GitHub project?
Just catching up.
I can certainly output any format you want; but I see 8 days ago on the GH issue that:
WhitePaw has updated the block dumper mod to output JSON: data\BlockInfoDump-v2.json
Just need to verify this new data file and this issue can be closed.
So, I don't think there's anything more needed from me; but, I'm happy to help if needed.

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader of the Golden Armada
Website
sites.google.com
Hmm, i seem to be having issues with the current ZIP that's attach to the OP, when i try to unzip it says there's nothing in the folder 2019-08-30 19_26_21-Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders.png

The HTML version of this block list is has changed significantly recently:
  • Add a column for every JSON property (Column Visibility)
  • Fix Search
  • Export / Copy all data (all blocks and properties) to spreadsheet / CSV
  • Add Recipe column with tooltip
  • Select version (Stable or Unstable)
1567668589405.png

There's also a link to it in the first post (thanks HeX).