TerraTech 32bit download url?

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by VsUK, Sep 20, 2018.

1. VsUK

VsUK Well-Known Member

OK. I am wanting to download the last 32bit release of this game. Simply to stick on a laptop that can only run 3gb ram so 32bit windows to let my son play on. I can't find anything anywhere to download. Can anyone help?

cipher and Seth_Seth like this.
  2. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

The 32bit version has been discontinued because the game simply cannot run on 3GB of RAM.

3. VsUK

VsUK Well-Known Member

I bed to differ. I still have a version 0.5x that works perfectly fine on the old laptop without issue. I'm just wanting the last known version made for 32bit. My son doesn't care about graphic quality or any of the latest features for 64bit. He just enjoys making the the vehicles & it keeps him off my PC lol. Surely a url is available somewhere. I can download the steam version but I dont want steam versions.

4. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

I'm sorry, but, as far as I know, unless you have downloaded an older 32bit version of the game through Humble or GOG, there is no other way to get the latest 32bit version legally other than downloading an old version from Steam.

EDIT: The last 32bit version is 0.7.6, which you can still download from Steam.
    EDITEDIT: From my experience playing 0.7.6 with a laptop with 4GB of RAM, please be aware that major FPS losses will be fairly common, even on the lowest graphics settings.

#4 QuackDuck, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    cipher, ZeroGravitas and Seth_Seth like this.
  5. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

quack is correct, the ONLY way that you can install a 32 bit terratech IS to have downloaded a alpha version that before 0.7 (hawkeye release era) as the game started to crash a LOT in 32 bit vs the 64 bit versions (and the crashes were mostly OUT OF MEMORY (the game CODE is now approx 2gb and with windows 32bit code the programs can have UP TO 2gb of program AND data, but 64 bit windows allows up to installed ram+swap file or 4Tb for a program and data