TerraTech 1.3.8 Feedback & Suggestions

Enderjed

Making a TerraTech Themed Wargame, And Also Moddin
The only thing I wish to be added is multiplayer in the relicule Research area IF both players have the DLC
I mean didn't the first Ancient LAN multiplayer tests occur in a R&D area that was completely flat, just 2 cabs on the flattest possible R&D area?

Epic afdc

This update is pretty alright, after the addition of reticule research, and the fact they’re getting put into the main game makes me pretty happy. Reticule Research is one of my favorite corps, and was one of my most anticipated ones to be released, right behind space junkers. I am quite excited for what comes next for this Corp. I even have a few ideas which I will list in a separate thread, which I will link to https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/reticule-research-ideas-thread.20843/

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I like the semi-transparent UI much better. I still am having a bit of a problem with the overall size, though. I liked the old block selection panel better just because of the fact that it was easier to scan and find the block you're looking for.

TerraTechNoob

maybe add a RR shop thing where you buy all the parts like all the other corps and make some of the block makers and the block destroyer things.

桂桃~

I feel like it is still difficult to create the shapes that I want. 1*1*1 triangular corner blocks like the ones in GSO and Hawkeye for example make me wish that there was a similar triangular block that doesn't have a square face (like the one in Geocorp). I definitely think that the spike armor having only 2 APs is kind of a scam, apparently triangular APs were thrown out the window at some point but I'd like to see them again. To this end of structure and chassis blocks, RR adds a lot of interesting things. I think the armor blocks is a cool concept, though I'd like to have some actual stats. Also, I feel like the heaviest armour variation from RR kind of doesn't make sense. I mean, why have 2 opposite faces armoured? I think it would have been best to have only 1 armoured face and other variations. The concept of the fortress blocks is something that I enjoy though, recalling the fortress blocks from other corps. The grid chassis type blocks from RR are really cool though.

Now for the new blocks. First of all, the delta wings. Although I like them in theory, I still have beef with the holes and strips that are left in your wings when you tile them with the already existing HE wings. Next, the Type 45 Naval Gun, as I said, feels off. A big buff to explosive radius, doubling damage and halving fire rate would do the trick IMO. It also still doesn't seem to eject cartridges? Also, you really can't put these on the underside of a hover, they don't have enough of an angle of elevation (or angle of depression, should be 75 and 35 degrees). As for the RR stuff, I think the Sonic Blaster should get a boost in damage, as while it is powerful, it doesn't tear techs apart fast enough. Explosions won't be a lore-friendly way to buff it so it comes to damage per shot. The HIVE launcher is nice, though I would like to see the rockets affected by gravity and arc in the air.

• Lack of chassis structure blocks (I said this before)
  • RR armour is good, some nitpicks though, and I'd like to have more variations and have them in other corps too.
  • RR grid chassis is nice, though for the larger variants, we'd need bigger RR wheels probably
  • Lack of stats on block inventory UI (I said this before)
  • Type 45 (I talked at length about this before in other posts) would be awesome with some tweaks
  • Delta Wings have holes in them
  • Sonic Blaster feels underpowered
  • HIVE missiles should be affected by gravity
  • GIGA Plasma has cool laser effects, give other lasers cool laser effects, like the Zeus
Some things that could be added:
  • Triangular blocks, inners and corners, especially for GSO & Hawkeye
  • Fortress/armour blocks
  • Aircraft under-wing engines (Would help in covering those delta wing holes)
  • Bigger Linear Motion Engines, it's not fun to spam place them
  • Large, high capacity, expensive, non-explosive/small-explosion batteries, possibly in RR
  • Passive energy generation, possibly in RR
  • RR shield bubble with adjustable size. Efficiency and energy cost vary with size, at max size, it is infinitely efficient but very expensive to maintain.
  • Double barrelled Railguns with long explosions on hit to simulate penetration, even through shields. Slow firerate, high damage, high velocity
  • Guns that fire bullets which fire bullets on hit, such that hitting s shield fires a bullet through the shield
  • Missile pods
  • Larger hovers get inbuilt directional hovers. Vectored thrust is susceptible to tipping.

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
We need a more logical way to recharge fuel tanks
Like a fuel converter?
The way I see it the Fuel tanks are actually a combination compressor/cryogenic cooler that processes liquid hydrogen out of the atmosphere.Theyare designed to do this automatically and runn off of Hydrogen fuelcells for minimal power.

LaNocheOscura

In Missions, one tech appears, from which a very strong drawdown of the FPS occurs (even if just near) because it is connected and at the beginning of the battle is divided into many small techs. Tech called "Tony swormy #2"

Tech in the game so that the player is destroyed in the lags?

Attachments

A Shield Bubble

Minecraft Scientist
Don't have much to say here. I've already made a statement in the RR thread. Just wanted to give a big thank you to the devs for listening to the community on this one.
Shield Bubble Out

N0sc0p3dPwnd

Could you unlock the linear motion engine block for the inventory in co-op creative? It’s arguably an extremely important block for many helicopters and planes and I can’t see why that block isn’t allowed in that mode

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Could you unlock the linear motion engine block for the inventory in co-op creative? It’s arguably an extremely important block for many helicopters and planes and I can’t see why that block isn’t allowed in that mode
Good catch! We'll take a look and hope to have it available in Co-op soon!