TerraTech 1.3.5 update is now available on Steam

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
https://steamcommunity.com/games/285920/announcements/detail/1625166014496981281

Note: Update to version 1.3.4 with a fix for the missing pillars in the pillars biome.

UI Update
  • In-game UI has been significantly enhanced. Changes include:
    • Mission Log
    • Tech Loader
    • Radar
    • Shop
    • Inventory
    • A few other small bits and pieces
Race Missions
  • The race missions have now been updated to take place on bespoke terrain.
New Blocks:
  • Hawkeye Paladin Bomb
  • Hawkeye Aero Prop
  • Lathrix’s Top Hat
Design Tweaks:
  • Further balancing on Venture and GSO shield bubbles
    • GSO Shield Bubble cost from 6156 to 4770
    • New Recipe: Fibron x2, Ion Pulse Cell, Hard Light Drive
    • Venture Shield Bubble cost from 3207 to 6810
    • New Recipe: Fibre Plating, Ion Pulse Cell, Cyclone Jet, Hard Light Drive
  • Venture Shield Bubble energy consumption per damage point increased
  • Added more batteries to the Spider King.
Bug Fixes:
  • [NEW] Fixed issue causing the pillars to be missing from the pillars biome.
    • When loading a saved game, if a Tech is now stuck inside one of the pillars, use the Tech Manager to snapshot and send the Tech to SCU. It can then be respawned in a valid position.
  • The Mission Log now correctly displays the fact that certain missions cannot be cancelled.
  • Fixed graphical issue with black vertical bars in ultra wide aspect ratios.
Known Major Issues:
  • Multiple resources travelling close to each other along Conveyors may generate bottlenecks and clog bases up, especially around Refineries and Filters.
  • Translations for non-English language support is work-in-progress for most languages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharra

Apr 7, 2017
Many thanks for the downgrade-option. I just cant stand the new ui. I´m really sorry, but there is no way. You guys are great, giving us the option to go back to the old version for now ^^

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
I also think that the 'new' UI makes the ui from msdos 2.11 look well thought out and highly useable (this is a TEXT command line operating system from the early 1990's), and even makes the window hate(8) metro gui look wonderful(and I thought this was a HORRIBLE user interface at the time of release), and off the top of my head I can not think of ANY UI that is any worse than the 'new' terratech ui,
probably the simplest ways to improve it are

1 use DARK calming colours NOT white for the background (unless the TEXT/items to be displayed) are in DARK colours (as the items being displayed ARE in light colours the background SHOULD be dark for maximum(increased ) contrast

2 place the TEXT so it can be read easily (the new left hand panel in particular is unreadable
3 use CONSISTENT fonts and sizes not the current hodge-podge of different fonts AND every element having a DIFFERENT font Size (note this point is an example of how the screen looks with the 'new' UI ie very confusing and difficult to read/scan)

4 minimise the EMPTY space in the modal dialogs by either increasingthe size of the font or increasing the amount of text displayed (or SHRINKING the display boxes)

Reactions: RC-3197 and Wassaup

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
I really love the work you guys are doing with the new UI. It's definitely a step in the right direction. However, it's clear that it's still a work in progress. I recommend keeping it in unstable until some of the issues discussed have been addressed. I like it, but it's not ready for prime-time yet. I find myself in build sessions getting frustrated with the extra few seconds I have to dig around and find things, and the much more limited screen space. I'm building with it regularly, but it still feels like more of a struggle versus the old UI.

RC-3197

Jan 5, 2018
My issues with the new UI are that some elements are just way too big. There's also a lot of white space that goes unused. It also makes it a lot harder to navigate to the blocks/techs I want.

If it was a bit smaller I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it.

But this also opens the door to the potential for UI customization, being able to control your UI is a QOL feature that's always received well so I highly recommend UI customization options such as size, color, transparency, position, column width (so we can see more than one tech at a time). The more customization the better.

P.S.

My little brother who has this game as well (who has played this game longer than I have) does not like the new UI, in fact he really dislikes it a ton. (He wanted me to relay his feedback too)