TerraTech 1.3.5 update is now available on Steam

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
https://steamcommunity.com/games/285920/announcements/detail/1625166014496981281

Note: Update to version 1.3.4 with a fix for the missing pillars in the pillars biome.

UI Update
  • In-game UI has been significantly enhanced. Changes include:
    • Mission Log
    • Tech Loader
    • Radar
    • Shop
    • Inventory
    • A few other small bits and pieces
Race Missions
  • The race missions have now been updated to take place on bespoke terrain.
New Blocks:
  • Hawkeye Paladin Bomb
  • Hawkeye Aero Prop
  • Lathrix’s Top Hat
Design Tweaks:
  • Further balancing on Venture and GSO shield bubbles
    • GSO Shield Bubble cost from 6156 to 4770
    • New Recipe: Fibron x2, Ion Pulse Cell, Hard Light Drive
    • Venture Shield Bubble cost from 3207 to 6810
    • New Recipe: Fibre Plating, Ion Pulse Cell, Cyclone Jet, Hard Light Drive
  • Venture Shield Bubble energy consumption per damage point increased
  • Added more batteries to the Spider King.
Bug Fixes:
  • [NEW] Fixed issue causing the pillars to be missing from the pillars biome.
    • When loading a saved game, if a Tech is now stuck inside one of the pillars, use the Tech Manager to snapshot and send the Tech to SCU. It can then be respawned in a valid position.
  • The Mission Log now correctly displays the fact that certain missions cannot be cancelled.
  • Fixed graphical issue with black vertical bars in ultra wide aspect ratios.
Known Major Issues:
  • Multiple resources travelling close to each other along Conveyors may generate bottlenecks and clog bases up, especially around Refineries and Filters.
  • Translations for non-English language support is work-in-progress for most languages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharra

Many thanks for the downgrade-option. I just cant stand the new ui. I´m really sorry, but there is no way. You guys are great, giving us the option to go back to the old version for now ^^

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
I also think that the 'new' UI makes the ui from msdos 2.11 look well thought out and highly useable (this is a TEXT command line operating system from the early 1990's), and even makes the window hate(8) metro gui look wonderful(and I thought this was a HORRIBLE user interface at the time of release), and off the top of my head I can not think of ANY UI that is any worse than the 'new' terratech ui,
probably the simplest ways to improve it are

1 use DARK calming colours NOT white for the background (unless the TEXT/items to be displayed) are in DARK colours (as the items being displayed ARE in light colours the background SHOULD be dark for maximum(increased ) contrast

2 place the TEXT so it can be read easily (the new left hand panel in particular is unreadable
3 use CONSISTENT fonts and sizes not the current hodge-podge of different fonts AND every element having a DIFFERENT font Size (note this point is an example of how the screen looks with the 'new' UI ie very confusing and difficult to read/scan)

4 minimise the EMPTY space in the modal dialogs by either increasingthe size of the font or increasing the amount of text displayed (or SHRINKING the display boxes)

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I really love the work you guys are doing with the new UI. It's definitely a step in the right direction. However, it's clear that it's still a work in progress. I recommend keeping it in unstable until some of the issues discussed have been addressed. I like it, but it's not ready for prime-time yet. I find myself in build sessions getting frustrated with the extra few seconds I have to dig around and find things, and the much more limited screen space. I'm building with it regularly, but it still feels like more of a struggle versus the old UI.

RC-3197

My issues with the new UI are that some elements are just way too big. There's also a lot of white space that goes unused. It also makes it a lot harder to navigate to the blocks/techs I want.

If it was a bit smaller I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it.

But this also opens the door to the potential for UI customization, being able to control your UI is a QOL feature that's always received well so I highly recommend UI customization options such as size, color, transparency, position, column width (so we can see more than one tech at a time). The more customization the better.

P.S.

My little brother who has this game as well (who has played this game longer than I have) does not like the new UI, in fact he really dislikes it a ton. (He wanted me to relay his feedback too)