TerraTech 1.3.11 Feedback & Suggestions

Helios

Also known as He Who Forgets Passwords
Apr 7, 2020
The MegaReactor "Battery" got some new reddish explosion effect, which is cool, but still not causing any damage.

Are you really sure a non-explosive battery is a good idea? I mean the explosive property of batteries is pretty much the only thing preventing people from putting them on the outside or even use them as armor.

SUPER-TANK

Dec 10, 2019
The MegaReactor "Battery" got some new reddish explosion effect, which is cool, but still not causing any damage.

Are you really sure a non-explosive battery is a good idea? I mean the explosive property of batteries is pretty much the only thing preventing people from putting them on the outside or even use them as armor.
Because it has low HP. Next question.

Reactions: Aardvark123

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018

Using batteries as armour is still pretty risky as once your batteries are gone so are your shield and repair bubbles. So you should still think about where to place them.

Helios

Also known as He Who Forgets Passwords
Apr 7, 2020
Using batteries as armour is still pretty risky as once your batteries are gone so are your shield and repair bubbles. So you should still think about where to place them.
Of course, IF you can somehow blowup the battery without depleting the shield first.
Speak of which, here's another test I've conducted earlier:

Screenshot13605.png
Screenshot13600.png

As you can see, splash damage can't reach the MegaReactor in this configuration.

Because it has low HP. Next question.
And by "armor" I mean something to absorb hits, not exactly external armor plates.
For example, you can do something like this in PvP:

20200603211100.png

If those were Battery Packs no one would put them on the front and exposed like this, otherwise the moment your shield depletes it's game over.
But now you can use those depleted non-explosive MegaReactors to absorb missile salvos. Low HP doesn't really matter when it comes to absorbing missile salvos, the damage is overkill anyway.

And on PvE, like I said before, the only way to destroy something powered by MegaReactors is to destroy all the cabs. The once-critical batteries are now just common structure piece, not keystone anymore, so destroying larger techs can be quite a chore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
I believe all my points about it requiring to have a damaging explosion still stands as key balance factor that can't be ignored (for preventing spam, adequate visual cue, etc). If someone has a valid counterpoint for my previous post, they are welcome to show it here.

Or, if no damaging explosion is really needed, make it much heavier, much more dense than the densest construction blocks, that would also prevent spam and fit the geocorp lore of heavy equipment (and require their heavy duty wheels to carry it around). Bam, synergy.

Last edited:

YaYYeeT

Internet Intellectual
Apr 27, 2020
<redacted>
Also, it's a reactor. Make it generate small amounts of power like an RTG. Also make it explode in a massive radius with the damage of a megaton.(suicidal nuke ramming intensifies)

Last edited:

Cataclysmm

Oct 15, 2019
My game keeps locking up, r&d and campaign..Something to do with multi monitors, I can unplug the other and be fine, or Im forced to play the game in a window, which doesn't scale properly on my 32" curved display. If I run fullscreen, 1900x1080 and move my mouse off screen to the other monitor, it loses control of the game UI. I can often click thru to my desktop as well when running windowed or fullscreen. If I go offscreen at all or click thru and have to tab back to the game, its hung in the UI and my work is gone. The game then cycles thru 100% CPU use and 23%, maybe 4 FPS. Only a hard reset of the system will stop the hang. The game never did this before, it clicked thru but I was able to click back to the game with the taskbar button..I have forced Unity games into a borderless 1900x1080 window before with a steam launch command but I have not had the patience to attempt the game again. 32 GB DDR4 3200, Ryzen 5 2600x, EVGA 2070 Super KO, dual Sceptre C32 @ 144 HZ. No crash logs, the game UI is hung up and I can hear anchors release and set and the B button might be working, but the screen is hung in the UI.

adam cohen

Sep 7, 2020
It not exploding from having a hecking reactor is a bit.. odd, to say the least
also is it supposed to lack a recipe-
in the description of it, the geocorp mega-reactor battery states that it will implode, not explode. this is due to, as you said, the fact that it does indeed, have a reactor in there