TerraTech 1.2 update now available on Steam

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Increased the corrective force of the All Axis Active Gyroscopes, except the GSO one which stays the same. They now have the following corrective forces:
  • Venture: 50
  • Better Future: 75
  • GSO: 100
  • Hawkeye: 300
  • GeoCorp: 600
As I've commented on the Steam news post: *all* gyros were not buffed, relative to 1.1 values!

Venture's is up to 150% of previous (I think it shouldn't have been buffed), Better Future's is up to 200% of previous...

But Hawkeye's is *down* to about 50% of previous and GeoCorp's is down to about 40% of what is was. Big nerfs that quite a few players are going to be frustrated with, I think.

The changes were, of course, impeded and confused by bugs in the code and there's more precise details on all this in my feedback thread (as the devs have seen, I believe): https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...enture-gyro-nerfed-too-much.18967/post-135356

Of course, I'm also frustrated that build beam strafing wasn't implement from the early feedback, over 3 weeks back, as already there are new players commenting the same as we did with the unstable that the changes make various things almost impossibly awkward. Was this mostly an oversight, a case of priorities or just that it's a slow process to push certain changes through the dev pipeline?

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
There are still plans to improve/change build beam that have taken a bit of a back seat
Oh, I see. So it's another of those cases where you guys had something even more substantial in mind, but you haven't had the time to do it all, so you've left it alone entirely. As with various other little features, like setting enemies in Creative mode, like R&D, but with a proper UI (that's still not been done). I just hope it doesn't drag on too long (like with adding an anchoring hotkey :p;)).

Also, with the patch number jump from 1.1 to 1.2, is this still playing catchup for what you've said previously about 1.0.3 to 1.1, in that you guys basically forgot to incriment the major number for MP co-op and Better Future? I mean, save game sharing wasn't major patch worthy, was it? Will the next stable likely be 1.2.1?

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
As I've commented on the Steam news post: *all* gyros were not buffed, relative to 1.1 values!

Venture's is up to 150% of previous (I think it shouldn't have been buffed), Better Future's is up to 200% of previous...

But Hawkeye's is *down* to about 50% of previous and GeoCorp's is down to about 40% of what is was. Big nerfs that quite a few players are going to be frustrated with, I think.

The changes were, of course, impeded and confused by bugs in the code and there's more precise details on all this in my feedback thread (as the devs have seen, I believe): https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...enture-gyro-nerfed-too-much.18967/post-135356
I want to echo this strongly. Several of my techs can't stay airborne with sky anchors anymore because of the *gyro nerf*. I hope there's still iteration going on here.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
https://forum.terratechgame.com/ind...enture-gyro-nerfed-too-much.18967/post-135356
Kris is going to look at these when he's back.

Of course, I'm also frustrated that build beam strafing wasn't implement from the early feedback, over 3 weeks back, as already there are new players commenting the same as we did with the unstable that the changes make various things almost impossibly awkward. Was this mostly an oversight, a case of priorities or just that it's a slow process to push certain changes through the dev pipeline?
This is going to be added in the next TT_Unstable update.

Last edited:

Commander 86

It seems you developers went ahead and assigned a control pad input for accessing the skins menu [B11]; I was already using that input for lift control. (JoyToKey is a wonderful program.) This has ruined my custom helicopter and custom hovercraft control schemes. There's nothing more annoying than intrusive menus opening up every time I try to ascend.

While we're at it, I'm also not a very big fan of boosters being assigned to the right bumper a while back [B6]; I was using that one for target locking. If you're going to haphazardly add new inputs for control pads without telling us, at least make them customizable.

Expect a more thorough lecture on the Suggestions & Feedback board within the next few days.

Last edited:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
It seems you developers went ahead and assigned a control pad input for accessing the skins menu [B11]; I was already using that input for lift control. (JoyToKey is a wonderful program.) This has ruined my custom helicopter and custom hovercraft control schemes. There's nothing more annoying than intrusive menus opening up every time I try to ascend.

While we're at it, I'm also not a very big fan of boosters being assigned to the right bumper a while back [B6]; I was using that one for target locking. If you're going to haphazardly add new inputs for control pads without telling us, at least make them customizable.

Expect a more thorough lecture on the Suggestions & Feedback board within the next few days.
These had to be added so that console players had a way of opening the alternative skins UI. Remember, TerraTech doesn't officially fully support gamepads on the PC version and this is part of the reason why.

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS

To add to what Matt said we can't specify at the moment a difference between console gamepad mappings and PC gamepad mappings. I did however add the button to the left stick button, so I'm surprised you're using that for lift. We now utilise almost every available mappable button across PS4 and Xbox controllers so there's not a lot I could do other than add it to the only free button we had!

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
These had to be added so that console players had a way of opening the alternative skins UI. Remember, TerraTech doesn't officially fully support gamepads on the PC version and this is part of the reason why.
I don't know, maybe this is available somehow, but is it possible to add the console gamepad configurations as options for PC players? I play with a PS4 controller on PC and I can do virtually everything I want, but I'm always sort of wondering if there's a better way, specifically because keys are sort-of all or nothing. Having a gradient press would be nice so I don't have to drive full speed if I don't want/need to. There's probably a 3rd party way to do this, I was just thinking that if you already had the console gamepad configurations implemented, it'd be nice to play as "intended".

Also, us gamers come off as entitled from time to time. But I think for the most part we're all really happy with continued development you guys are putting in.

FrumpyTrout

this is really cool and all, but do you guys have any ETA on a Console update? Its been a pretty long time, and im very excited to play with Better Future! :)

Zorgomol

Not a Number
It would be much less confusing for players to keep console version number requirements in mind when doing PC versioning, so that PC and console version numbers don't start drifting apart. I don't know if those have been relaxed since the last time I had to deal with them, though...

Commander 86

We now utilise almost every available mappable button across PS4 and Xbox controllers so there's not a lot I could do other than add it to the only free button we had!
I can appreciate your conundrum, trust me. In that case, can you leave it the way it is on the console version, and remove the mapping entirely for the PC version? Better yet, let's move the skins to the radial menu. Skins are better handled with the mouse anyway. I just want to have full 3D control while driving.

Without customization, any mappings you set for the PC version are stuck there, but if you leave the input blank, we can assign it ourselves with 3rd party programs. We PC users don't mind that one bit!

As for my preference on lift control...

TerraTech 1.1 Configuration.gif

Think carefully about antigrav techs and the like, what is the best way to allow them to accelerate, turn, strafe, and adjust their elevation using the sticks and buttons available? The left stick handles two of those (acceleration and turning), the right stick and half of the D-pad are used for the camera, so the only decent options left are the 2 remaining directions on the D-pad, and the clickers on the control sticks [B11 and B12]. You set the D-pad for strafing (good choice on that one), so by process of elimination, I had to put the final axis on the clickers. Eureka!

With my custom control scheme combined with my JoyToKey support configuration, I guarantee that I could take one of my helicopters and literally fly circles around you guys. I have a whole other axis to play with, I've completed Venture flight courses with a high performance helicopter just to prove I could, and I did it without touching the keyboard. As a matter of fact, my thumbs never even left the control sticks!

Don't you think movement is a little more important than skins? We can put the latter on the radial menu, everybody wins.

Last edited:
this is really cool and all, but do you guys have any ETA on a Console update? Its been a pretty long time, and im very excited to play with Better Future! :)
Agreed. My friends and I have been waiting for the better future and coop creative updates for a long time. I know that there are technical difficulties and such, but from the consumers' standpoint, it seems the console version is dead.

Agreed. My friends and I have been waiting for the better future and coop creative updates for a long time. I know that there are technical difficulties and such, but from the consumers' standpoint, it seems the console version is dead.
I feel like the console version is dying not dead but they are focusing their efforts on the Nintendo Switch version instead of console which really bugs me first come first served in my opinion console came before the switch it should get the update before anything to do with the switch I’m highly disappointed and think that the game isn’t worth playing anymore unless the update comes out