TerraTech 1.0.2 update now available on Steam

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
So play on PC or wait.
Haveing payed to play the pre-release version, I understand waiting for new features. But releasing the game and then adding a story is like putting a kid in a suit. He may look smart, but he still needs some time to really mature. I'm just saying they could have used more time in early access. It's not a finished game. And suggesting that I "play on PC" is just telling me to spend more money on a game that isn't done.

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
You said it's not a finished game , but maybe you should think in the other way. For me it's finished , but a game can always be improved , and that what they will do.

I don't know if you know , but some """free""" to play game keep the "beta" tag for years only for don't be forced to excuse bug , but make a lot of money during that with cash shop (like Allods if you know what i mean) , instead of fixing some "simple" bug.

We should be glad TT staff aren't like that.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Don't get me wrong, I love the game. I just feel like adding features to a "finished" game seems to contradict the very nature of the word. I'm glad better future is coming, but I'm sure they've been working on it since long before release, and it seems pretty well fleshed out if they've released it on campaign. I admit there's no way for me to really know since I don't own a PC. The whole 2 versions thing...

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
We have to release the game at some point :) After that we can either say "that's done" and work on a sequel or DLC and charge you guys more money for it. Or we can keep improving the game, adding new stuff in and dropping free updates with cool stuff for you to enjoy. Games aren't a throw the disc out into the wild and it's done thing anymore. They can now constantly be evolving and improving and I feel that's a great thing, especially when it's free :D

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Also you will get these updates on console, it's just that we have to follow a different path to release updates on console. Partly due to the restrictions of the platforms and partly due to the different expectations on different platforms. We're still finishing off adding Better Future (which wasn't in dev before console release) but after that we'll be looking to get it onto consoles ASAP. It's no fun when you've made something and not all your players can play it

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Also you will get these updates on console, it's just that we have to follow a different path to release updates on console. Partly due to the restrictions of the platforms and partly due to the different expectations on different platforms. We're still finishing off adding Better Future (which wasn't in dev before console release) but after that we'll be looking to get it onto consoles ASAP. It's no fun when you've made something and not all your players can play it
I still have one big issue. Why havent you (payload) fixed the bug that deletes all our saved designs? I just loaded in and it's all gone. Again. I'm basically done until we have a version that's actually playable.

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I still have one big issue. Why havent you (payload) fixed the bug that deletes all our saved designs? I just loaded in and it's all gone. Again. I'm basically done until we have a version that's actually playable.
That's not an issue we have had reported before as far as I know! We had an issue with saves getting lost on PS4 but we fixed that a while back. I've not seen anything on Xbox about saves getting lost (either snapshots or save games). Can you make a forum post in the bug forums with the relevant info please? Save data loss is one of the highest priority things to fix for us so if we ever see bugs like that we try to fix them immediately and would put out a patch just to address that one issue if we had to. I'm sorry to hear you've lost your saved techs

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
That's not an issue we have had reported before as far as I know! We had an issue with saves getting lost on PS4 but we fixed that a while back. I've not seen anything on Xbox about saves getting lost (either snapshots or save games). Can you make a forum post in the bug forums with the relevant info please? Save data loss is one of the highest priority things to fix for us so if we ever see bugs like that we try to fix them immediately and would put out a patch just to address that one issue if we had to. I'm sorry to hear you've lost your saved techs
I have a whole thread devoted to this. I've reported it several times. Please check the bug feed.

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I see that thread and I see that Kae has replied to it so that means that QA is looking into it. There's not a lot we can do though if only one or two people are reporting an issue and we don't have any more info to go on than "my saves keep disappearing". Any more info you can provide in that thread would be very useful, what hardware you're using, if you're using an external hard drive, if you play on multiple consoles with the same account or have different users on the console etc. There's many variables and it's sometimes hard to find out what's actually going wrong if we can't see it happening on any of our consoles.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Xbox 1s, 500 GB internal, only one user, only one console, only effects TT, list of saved designs is gone but saved games still exist, version 1.0.0.11 Anything I missed? I'm not a coder so I can't really reach in and find the true issue.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
I wanna see this fixed, not just for me but for other people that have designs they're really proud of. They might only have two or three designs that work well, and then they get wiped by a glitch? That's no fun for anyone.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I wanna see this fixed, not just for me but for other people that have designs they're really proud of. They might only have two or three designs that work well, and then they get wiped by a glitch? That's no fun for anyone.
try building your designs in creative, and saving those worlds rather than the snapshots. And, do the snaps get deleted instantly, or upon restarting the game, or any time else?

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
try building your designs in creative, and saving those worlds rather than the snapshots. And, do the snaps get deleted instantly, or upon restarting the game, or any time else?
I have no way of knowing if my snapshots will be there when I load in, and I have two creative world's full to the limit with my techs so the designs are in fact saved. I just don't like losing the blueprints. It's not supposed to happen.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I have no way of knowing if my snapshots will be there when I load in, and I have two creative world's full to the limit with my techs so the designs are in fact saved. I just don't like losing the blueprints. It's not supposed to happen.
well, i hope the bug gets fixed soon, it is very detrimental