TerraTech 1.0.1.3 Jumpy Techs Bug

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by peterb39, Dec 5, 2018.

1. peterb39

peterb39 Well-Known Member

2. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

I am also seeing this problem with gecorp middle tracks and krusher wheels on a medium large tech (causes the tech to jump up about 4 blocks high.(this same tech in 1.0.1.2 was stable on the ground)

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Hmm, weird. Could you upload that snapshot here and/or the save game file, especially if you can make it reload doing that...? You too, @harpo99999.

Any tips on how the bug might be reproduced? can you do it on demand? If not what had you been doing just before the video?

Soviet_Samuelson and Aardvark123 like this.
  4. harpo99999

my tech is stable when it does not have any blocks or resources loaded to it, but as it is designed as a large battle harvester for long range harvesting cleanup missions and tree removal (was designed and built in campaign).
    my guess toward the actual cause could be the collector force or magnet force interacting with the wheel suspension force?(collector is a bit more likely as both my tech and peterb39's have collectors (his a couple of thimbles, mine about 20 LARGE (geo 4x4 or 2x2)collectors)
    but when my tech has small load of resources (and blocks no issues, but when there is a significant load of blocks (from a mission battle), then the jitter

bigharv.png is the tech and the zip contains the save and the locallow payload folder (analytics folder is inside) save was done at the point where the tech is jittering then the tech snap was taken, then the game exitied
    os w10 64 bit pro, i7 4ghz 32gb ram ati video card, LOTS of disc space/drives

Attached Files:

5. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hmm I'm not seeing this issue with that tech snapshot or any tech with the wheels mentioned.

Does this issue only happen in certain places/modes or does it happen everywhere with these techs?
    Can you upload snapshots & save games please?

@harpo99999
    Can you grab a save game for me with this issue happening for me? It doesn't seem to be inside the zip folder.
    I'm thinking your issue might be different, where there are blocks/resources lodged in between your wheels causing collision issues.

6. harpo99999

kae, I have re-collected all the locallow payload folder, the save and tech snapshot,(had not played terratech since the previous collection of info, so should be same contents, then compressed into a windows compressed folder and transferred to the webbing computer,
    the seed is terratech, the filename for the save is terratech.sav and the tech(that is jittering in the save is bigharv (the snapshot)
    hope this lot helps

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  7. peterb39

this is the tech in the video. sorry for the delay

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  8. peterb39

For me, it seems to happen every now and then after a battle. I believe that what Harpo said is the culprit:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  9. ZeroGravitas

Thanks for the snapshot. Ahh, yes, it looks like it's a magnet bug - there remains phantom forces applied to the tech after it's been filled and then the blocks removed again:

That tech is already prone to small vibrations in the wheel suspension, too, because of the small wheels taking most of hte weight, inside of the bumpers. Not sure if related or amplifies the effect.

peterb39 likes this.
  10. peterb39

I have recorded more interesting effects of the magnet bug, which makes the tech completely undriveable.

Aardvark123 likes this.
  11. peterb39

12. peterb39

Even though the wheels are stronger I can still get some... 'interesting' effects from this bug

13. ZeroGravitas

@peterb39 - I'ved merged your new thread, titled "Update To Jumpy Techs Bug (1.0.1.3 & 1.0.1.4)" with this original one, to keep it all together for easier reference by the devs.

It looks like the same issue still, unchanged. I'm sure the devs will get around to addressing it when they are able, before the next stable patch.:) It's going to be a pretty common bug otherwise.

peterb39 likes this.
  14. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Cheers guys, i'll look into this one

ZeroGravitas likes this.