Terra tech without steam?

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by ANIMAL MOTHER, Aug 7, 2018.

1. ANIMAL MOTHER

ANIMAL MOTHER Well-Known Member

Since i bought terra tech on steam i was wondering is there any way to launch it without steam like an stand alone version of the game?

2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I'd assume not, for security reason (bu tdon't know). GoG version should though (I think).

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  3. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

as does the HUMBLE version, but both the gog and humble do not have the multiplayer as (according to the devs) multiplayer relies upon the steam system for info to connect to the other players

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. Dellamorte

Dellamorte Well-Known Member

I think GOG has it's own system and network for multiplayer games, TerraTech does not use that. I guess if the devs get enough sales from GOG they may look at supporting that too but I would not hold my breath.

As an aside has there been any mention of MP on the console versions? If they did say something I guess I forgot it, my life is rather full ATM so I would not be surprised if I read something and promptly forgot it.

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Oh, I thought they'd have it, at launch... (Or did I just assume?)

6. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

Well as they're giving away skins with the Console version (free for first month) which only work in MP at a guess they do have it. BUT a dev chimed in on a previous thread (I forget who) the console MP isn't going to be cross platform. So how well MP is received will I think depend on how much uptake/price on the consoles.

As to the OP's question: I know you used to be able to launch the game with the TT executable (in the game folder), does that no longer work? I ran it like that for quite a long time until I realised that my play time wasn't then recorded in Steam. :D