Techs by Falchoin

Falchoin

There’s hitching and that final fight has a definite hang! My computer is almost 4 years old now, though I have upgraded the GPU to a 1070. Besides, it’s better PR for the game.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
There’s hitching and that final fight has a definite hang! My computer is almost 4 years old now, though I have upgraded the GPU to a 1070. Besides, it’s better PR for the game.
ive been thinking about doing my own PC work. what should you do when a hard drive is in disrepair, and want to preserve files?

Falchoin

ive been thinking about doing my own PC work. what should you do when a hard drive is in disrepair, and want to preserve files?
Define “disrepair”. Does it function at all? If it does you could try a data recovery app, though they’re not free. Otherwise you may need to take it to a PC repair place and have them work on it, but that’s likely to be more expensive than an app. Someone with more hardware experience could probably give you more options.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Define “disrepair”. Does it function at all? If it does you could try a data recovery app, though they’re not free. Otherwise you may need to take it to a PC repair place and have them work on it, but that’s likely to be more expensive than an app. Someone with more hardware experience could probably give you more options.
just running poorly. should i just use a flashdrive to transfer data, or can you transport between drives directly?

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
just running poorly. should i just use a flashdrive to transfer data, or can you transport between drives directly?
there are several drive 'cloning' type programs, that can duplicate the entire file structure for the physical drive onto a different drive (either mechanical (ie hdd) or electronic (ie ssd), the one I use most is hdclone 4.1 pro(note the later versions that I had purchased would not unlock for me, so the 4.1 or the FREE versions are the only ones I suggest using for this software)

Falchoin

Been a while since I posted anything so here's some of my more recent techs:

Drone: Yes, I'm that lazy. It's a drone, meant for the AI to control while you pilot a mobile base of sorts to keep it charged.
Drone.png

Cymbal: A slightly larger drone type build using a pair of front mounted cyber disk lasers.
Cymbal.png

Vulture: A more proper sized hovercraft using vertically mounted disk lasers to deal with threats above and below. Just be careful you don't oversteer while tracking opponents as vertical mounted disk lasers don't have a large side to side firing arc in this orientation. EDIT: Updated the Vulture with a snazzy new paint scheme, more than double battery capacity of the original, and additional ion drives for mobility.
Vulture.png

Last edited:

Falchoin

Hammer: One of my few form over function builds, the Hammer is a long range cruise missile artillery hovercraft. Use Page Up to set lift to 100 and leave it there. Up and Down arrows control pitch, and the Hammer easily flies with boosters active.
Hammer.png

Falchoin

EDIT: Updates to the Warthog Type C and Bee

The Warthog battle barge may not be the prettiest hovercraft, but it's an effective one. Armed and armored against all but the largest of threats, the Warthog is a floating resource dump engineered to work with Bee drones to function as collectors. Mobile furnaces and GeoCorp remote chargers keep the Bees (and any other allied techs) topped off. As an added bonus, this pig can fly. Pitch up and activate the boost!

For use:
Release the drones
Set lift to 100 (Page Up)
Pacemakers are on top in the back in front of the Better Future altimeter.
Trim gyros are accessible without removing parts, in the back next to the altimeters (partially covered by a Hawkeye large fort armor)

Page Up/Page Down height control
WASD + Q/E for movement
Up Arrow/Down Arrow pitch control
Shift for boosters

Warthog Type C (with integrated Bee drones)
Warthog Type C.png

Warthog (without drones)
Warthog.png

Bee (AI resource collector drone)
Bee.png

Last edited:

Falchoin

Collection on Steam featuring all the hovers designed to work with the Bee drones.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1716005485

Continuing with the Bee drone fleet

Bee Keeper: a smaller mobile refinery and power generation/distribution unit. Set lift to about 70 for use without a Warthog, or 25 to drop it to the same level as the Bee drones for use with a Warthog.
Bee Keeper.png

Honeypot: a high floating light combat unit and power storage/distribution source, set lift to 100 after spawning in
Honeypot.png

Cutter: near ground level hover which coincidentally bashes down trees for resources while trying to get to the player
Cutter.png

Last edited:

Falchoin

Protector: functions as a charging station and defense turret in one fairly expensive tech (~1.45 million). Forward biased Hawkeye shields protect the front, and it has full Venture repair bubble coverage for maximum repair efficiency and speed. The GSO scrapper in the back is meant to be used to allow deployment and charging even during the night, however it will sell off any non-fuel chunks if any errant GSO blocks get sucked in.

Protector.png