Techs by Falchoin

Falchoin

Defender: The next iteration of hover mobile bases, this time adding in refineries for greater efficiency when burning for fuel and selling. Larger and faster than the Guardian line, the Defender doesn’t handle extreme terrain as well despite a very responsive front-end ground response. Press and hold Page Up until lift is at 100, set the pacemaker to turbo, then set it to Guard/Follow.

Defender.png

This variant uses GSO flatbed collectors linked to filters instead of resource receivers for increased pickup radius, eliminating the need for a ground-based collector. Maybe some day we'll have resource receivers which have a decent pickup radius, until then we get a bit more UI clutter for any kind of hover harvester.

Last edited:

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Dinghy: a small hoverscout with variable height control using lift throttling.

View attachment 25455

Guardian BFV: the Better Future variant of the Guardian support drone. Updated the original BFV so it's faster, has more battery power and more weapons.
View attachment 25520
COVER UP THOSE DISGUSTING ATTATCH POINTS! RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Falchoin

It appears I've triggered Soviet_Samuelson! Not sure what I can do to get rid of those offending x's without restructuring the front end completely.

Welcome to the forums Salvick and thanks! Keep looking around, there's a lot of great techs posted from all sorts of people.

And because I just finished the first iteration of a new tech...

Harbinger: A medium sized mobile hoverbase capable of powering itself and nearby techs. It can handle any terrain and can even fly short distances if boosting while pitching up (Down Arrow). Pacemaker is hidden under the back wing. Linear motion engines allow for variable height control, but in general it's best to leave it at 100 (Page Up and Page Down).

Harbinger.png

EDIT: Updated the Harbinger to add more batteries, a better looking back end (which is faster to boot!), and swapped the always on everything filters for alternator conveyors to reduce UI clutter. Further updates for unstable 1.0.2.1 incorporating the new blocks to smooth out some of the edges.

Last edited:

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
It appears I've triggered Soviet_Samuelson! Not sure what I can do to get rid of those offending x's without restructuring the front end completely.

Welcome to the forums Salvick and thanks! Keep looking around, there's a lot of great techs posted from all sorts of people.

And because I just finished the first iteration of a new tech...

Harbinger: A medium sized mobile hoverbase capable of powering itself and nearby techs. It can handle any terrain and can even fly short distances if boosting while pitching up (Down Arrow). Pacemaker is hidden under the back wing. Linear motion engines allow for variable height control, but in general it's best to leave it at 100 (Page Up and Page Down).

View attachment 25609
nice. I challenge you to make an airplane that can dip down, break trees w/ plasma or missiles, and collect their resources for use in a mobile furnace

Falchoin

Oof, BF wings will be difficult to keep bubbled fully with just GSO. We shall see! I may make two. I had planned on modifying the Crescent originally. So I’ll probably make a new tech from scratch or modify that further for the extra challenge.

Soviet_Samuelson

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Oof, BF wings will be difficult to keep bubbled fully with just GSO. We shall see! I may make two. I had planned on modifying the Crescent originally. So I’ll probably make a new tech from scratch or modify that further for the extra challenge.
they do have ATP-s one the fronts and backs of the wings. you can still use hawkeye batteries, tho.

Falchoin

Because it's almost sure to look better than the BF/GSO only variant, I give you the Lancer support airplane! The Lancer is a mid-sized highly maneuverable aircraft featuring a refinery, power generation/distribution, and selling on the move! It has a top speed of 121 mph when flying level and requires almost zero runway. 12 Speed Lance Lasers and a pair of cruise missiles lay waste to terrestrial targets, both trees and techs, quite handily.

The biggest problem with this design is the issue of refined resources getting dropped and picked back up by the collector, since the collector is tied directly to the refinery only. Really wish we had Not Refined and Not Fuel options for the filters.

Lancer.png

EDIT: I have also discovered why I never bothered with planes as a mobile base. They're too fast for the resources to stick reliably. For this to be more reliable it needs to be a lot slower, 85-90 mph tops. So consider this a prototype!

EDIT 2: Second iteration of the Lancer. Removed the refinery, rebalanced since weight got moved around, and it's working much better since refined resources are no longer causing problems.

Lancer.png

For the extra challenge plane, am I allowed to use the Venture mobile refinery?

Last edited:

Falchoin

From the lessons of the original Lancer, comes the Lancer Mk II! All the perks of the original Lancer, without the annoying physics glitching of refined resources. The Mk II is a bit wider to accommodate a filter before the refinery, but it's otherwise very similar.

EDIT: Moved the cruise missiles to the bottom of the plane to make it easier to divebomb enemies. You can pull up and fire the missiles now!

Lancer Mk II.png

Last edited:

Falchoin

Full GSO and Better Future (which means no mobile refinery) plane to gather then burn or sell on the go! Has a pair of GSO wireless chargers in the back.

Xfer
Xfer.png

Xfer V2:
V2 is better balanced and moves the GSO missile turret to the underside so all missiles can fire at targets when flying over them. I do prefer the look of the original, but sacrifices must be made for the sake of effectiveness!
Xfer.png

Last edited:

Falchoin

Slowly reworking many of my builds to work similar or better than before post 1.0.2. The Roach Type C and Scorpion have been modified to use Better Future hover power controllers so the drones float at a decent height again (though still lower than before). In case you don't want to find them on the first page, I will post them here too.

Roach Type C
Roach Type C.png

Scorpion
Scorpion.png