Techs by Falchoin

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Falchoin, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Falchoin

Falchoin Well-Known Member

I've been playing TerraTech for about a year now and have a decent sized library posted on the Steam workshop but I figured it's about time I posted some of my favorites here on the TT forums! I'm more of a function over form person when it comes to designing things, so most of my techs are campaign viable (assuming you can afford them). Without further ado...

Ground pounders: anything with wheels and/or tracks without any special gimmicks

Colossus: My largest ground tech which functions as a mobile base. It's a brick of batteries powered by multiple mobile generators and the tears of your enemies.
    Colossus.png

Hailstorm: An internally wheeled tech which fires an absurd amount of bullets for its size.
    Hailstorm.png

Kobold: A small scout tank made using the Venture hurricane tracks when they first released. It's a shame they're so terrible compared to the wheels since they look amazing.
    Kobold Tank.png

#1 Falchoin, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  2. Falchoin

Hovercraft: techs using hoverplates to stay aloft

Brawler: My current favorite hovercraft. Light on power generation (only 16 solar panels), but heavy on power capacity and weaponry. It's possibly a bit too light since the recoil from the guns aimed down can cause it to float up.
    Brawler.png

Razorback: A low-riding hovercraft which can pick up resources to fuel mobile generators.
    Razorback V2.png

Dirk: An agile hovercraft made of mostly Venture parts.
    Dirk.png

#2 Falchoin, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Falchoin

Airships: Neutrally buoyant (or close to it) techs to ply the sky

Barracuda: My largest airship to date. It has a rediculous amount of weapons on the front to balance out the back-end.
    Baracuda.png

Sunfish: A non-standard airship. W and S are more for pitch control (but can be used for small movements) and the thrusters are the main source of propulsion. It has mobile generators, but it is difficult to collect resources without anchoring.
    Sunfish.png

Minnow: A smaller non-standard airship. It has similar controls to the Sunfish, but is balanced to allow forward movement on the turbines and thrusters active at the same time.
    Minnow SE.png

#3 Falchoin, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Falchoin

Wall Crawlers: Techs utilizing the hoverbug, but for downforce which allows them to climb walls or even drive upsidedown.

Gecko: My first wall crawling build (though updated with the new shiny twin autocannons). Meant to be used as a general utility craft to harvest and pick up bits of dead enemies.
    Gecko.png

Roach: Basically an upgraded, slightly larger version (and heavier armed) of the Gecko. Also a utility craft.
    Roach.png

#4 Falchoin, Oct 3, 2018
  5. Falchoin

Drone Carriers: low key multi-techs with small AI controlled drones for combat and/or utility

Roach Type C
    : A Roach wall crawler retrofitted for mobile power generation and a pair of light combat hover drones.
    Roach Type C.png

Wolf Spider: A hovercraft droneship and mobile base. It has some problems going up very steep hills, but rides low enough to easily collect resources. Comes equipped with four light combat hover drones.
    Wolf Spider.png
    Scorpion: The Scorpion is a mid-size ground pounder mobile base built from the ground up with the intention of utilizing 6 larger drones to assist in the gathering of resources as well as combat. If we ever get legs as a mobility option, I will definitely revisit this and make them work!
    Scorpion.png

#5 Falchoin, Oct 3, 2018
  6. Falchoin

Drones: Light AI controlled techs meant to be used in numbers and with a supporting mobile base tech to transfer power

Roach Drone: A very light combat drone utilizing a pair of Avalanche launchers and Seeker missiles pods.
    Drone.png

Scorpion Drone: A larger drone with double the battery capacity of the Roach Drone (2 batteries instead of 1!). It also sports an extra set of top mounted Seeker missile pods and a GSO Flatbed Collector for delivering resources.
    Scorpion Drone.png

#6 Falchoin, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  7. Falchoin

Fliers: Non-hoverbug flying techs, both planes and helicopters

Bumblebee: A relatively small bomber which requires almost zero runway to get airborne.
    Bumblebee.png

Buzzard: A larger bomber with vertical takeoff capabilities.
    Buzzard.png

Herald: The Herald is a small hoverglitch-free helicopter utilizing the new hoversteering blocks.
    Herald.png

8. Falchoin

Anchored Techs: Base and turrets

Scrap 'n Fab: The scrapping and fabrication base I use in my maxed out campaign.
    Scrap and Fab.png

Tesla: Turret and charging station equipped with a Venture scrapper and three GeoCorp anchored furnaces to power techs even if spawned in during the night.
    Tesla.png

Dropper Turret: A smallish turret with a Venture scrapper to supply fuel blocks to nearby techs as needed.
    Dropper Turret.png

9. Falchoin

Fun Stuff: Techs which don't really fit any category above, or are more form than function

Cricket: A medium sized scout tech with vertically mounted thrusters to allow limited flight.
    Cricket.png

Salamander: One of my few form over function builds. It started with the head while I was messing around with the plasma throwers. It has some mobility problems unfortunately.
    Salamander.png

Armageddeon: Another form over function build in the shape of a cute rocket hamster.
    Armageddon.png

10. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether A Merry Axolotl

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

11. Falchoin

Glad you like it!

JimmyBlether likes this.
  12. Falchoin

Hornet: The Hornet is intended as an AI controlled gunship/fighter. Larger than a drone, but smaller than most player controlled late game techs, the Hornet is relatively light on defense (only 4 Hawkeye batteries) but heavy on offense for its size. Fully controlled by the use of steering hovers despite use of the hoverbug due to the AI not properly using turbines (possibly related to the spinup time on turbines).
    Hornet.png

13. Falchoin

Derp Tank: My only successful attempt at a multi tech turret since for the life of me I cannot get the AI to properly aim turrets mounted on bearings or other similar methods. Press X to drop the turret cap on an avalanche launcher.
    Derp Tank.png

14. Falchoin

Guardian: Expanding the drone army to include AI hover support units. The Guardian picks up resources, sells, and uses a pair of mobile furnaces to generate power. Comes equipped with two GeoCorp batteries to ensure there's power to share while maintaining its own defenses.
    Guardian.png

#14 Falchoin, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  15. Falchoin

Sky Crawler: The Sky Crawler is a proof of concept non-standard airship utilizing the hoverbug and another physics glitch with treads for vertical control. Press X after deploying to enable. W to go down, S to go up. A and D turn left and right. Shift to go forward.
    Sky Crawler.png

16. Falchoin

Pangolin: an armored airship utilizing the spinup time on rotors and a single vertically aligned thruster to allow for better altitude control. Repeatedly tapping shift activates the thruster without allowing the rotors to fully activate, boosting the tech higher. Holding shift allows the downthrust from the rotors to overcome the single thruster's force and move the tech downward. Requires other techs to charge, and is a bit light on battery power to save on weight.

Updated version has better weight distribution, closer to neutral buoyancy, and mobile power generation.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#16 Falchoin, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  17. Falchoin

With the introduction of Better Future, I have two techs to add to my list. These were built in unstable 1.0.1.1 and will NOT work in the stable version 1.0.1 (also requires R&D pack)

Flash: A fast Venture/Better Future hovercraft racer. Not the most agile in the turns, but it can reach 209mph while boosting.
    [​IMG]

Prelude: The rugged Hawkeye and GeoCorp internals of this combat hovercraft are covered in a sleek Better Future shell. Can anchor and has 4 solar panels to stay topped off while not in use.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#17 Falchoin, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  18. HowMuchBetter?

what is the tread glitch used?

Seth_Seth and AstraTheDragon like this.
  19. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A festive dragon

It's Legionite's HAVCS (horizontal and vertical control system) an extremely potent and, until recently, relatively unused technique of arresting and controlling a techs vertical movement.

20. HowMuchBetter?

thank you!

AstraTheDragon likes this.