Tech of the week, How does it work?

May 13, 2017
Mars
I take it that you have to submit a tech to be featured? Where? How?
I haven't found any information about this and i feel kinda dumb asking about it but now i'm curious, so yeah, how does it work?
If there's some forum thread or something that explains it link it pls

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Apr 9, 2017
Anywhere and Everywhere
www.khanacademy.org
The tech of the week is a 'semi-random' tech on the Steam Workshop chosen every week (on Thursday/Friday I believe?) by @Matt. As far as we know, there isn't a specific criteria or goal for the Tech of the Week, although they generally tend to be one of the following, being techs that feature official skins/mods, are 'interesting', or look 'cool', etc.

In short as far as we know Matt rolls a d100, sorts by 'most popular in past week', and then picks a tech blindfolded until it's one he likes.

May 13, 2017
Mars
The tech of the week is a 'semi-random' tech on the Steam Workshop chosen every week (on Thursday/Friday I believe?)
Hmmm... i saw the community core submission threads and thought it would be something similar, but i guess anyone can get tech of the week so long as they post in steam workshop. Thanks for the info!

Seth_Seth

doin stufs
Oct 14, 2017
I dunno
forum.terratechgame.com
The tech of the week is a 'semi-random' tech on the Steam Workshop chosen every week (on Thursday/Friday I believe?) by @Matt. As far as we know, there isn't a specific criteria or goal for the Tech of the Week, although they generally tend to be one of the following, being techs that feature official skins/mods, are 'interesting', or look 'cool', etc.

In short as far as we know Matt rolls a d100, sorts by 'most popular in past week', and then picks a tech blindfolded until it's one he likes.
Sounds accurate

Reactions: Skihiley

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
It's kind of scary how accurate this is.

If we'd like a more formalised way of choosing Tech of the Week I'm open to ideas. Has anyone got any?

My only stipulation is that it has to be from the Steam Workshop though.

GK vec

GK 光轲
Nov 17, 2017
Has anyone got any?
Use web crawler to obtain every tech which ever get on the workshop hot 8 in a week, then vote at forum or twitter.
This is fair but need more attention, because Tech of the Week never have any rewards.
I suggest pay some cards as rewards, like 5 cards can exchange a TerraTech activation code.

Reactions: Matt

GK vec

GK 光轲
Nov 17, 2017
Has anyone got any?
I got another idea.
Use web crawler to obtain every tech which ever get on the workshop hot 8 in a week and record the time length remain on the workshop hot 8.
Then the tech which have longest time remain on it, it's the tech of the week.
It's simple and easy to program, using no manpower, just don't forget to exclude reelection.

Reactions: Matt