Tech keeps getting stolen by kicking people in coop creative

butasan1011

Mar 20, 2020
when you leave a coop creative server, or when you get kicked out of the server,your tech that you were riding in stays in the server.Because of that my tech keeps getting stolen and now i am afraid to deploy my best techs. some time before there wasnt this problem and when I leave the server, the tech that i was on just disappears and nothing was stolen.I dont know if this is a feature or a bug but this keeps ruining my game experiences. If its able,please fix the coop creative so there is no worries for my tech to get stolen. If my english was wrong im sorry im japanese.

QuackDuck

Duck
Jun 24, 2017
Near a duck pond in Britain
duckduckgo.com
It's really weird because I remember this not happening before, the tech just disappeared along with you. I wonder what changed and I hope it is changed back.

Unfortunately, for now, the best course of action is to upload your tech to the Steam Workshop first before using them in multiplayer, or use techs which you don't mind getting stolen.

TeoUltika

Dec 9, 2019
You can't get kicked by the host if you ARE the host. Food for thought.

That, or just play in a lobby with a host you trust. Or never use your best techs in an untrusted lobby. It's what I do, and so far it has worked out pretty well.

Really though, I do hate tech thievery with a passion. All those stolen machines of war, taken by people who have no idea how to build their own... Bothers me. Really does.

buch88own

grumpy old man probably
Apr 1, 2017
This is a major reason of why I don't play multiplayer (aside from mods). I don't build the best techs but I do stand by my creations so I could only imagine the frustration of the people who do actually build incredible and unique techs. Also the idea of having to join a trusted lobby, publishing your techs, or use techs that you don't mind getting stolen is frankly ridiculous. I'm not saying that there aren't merit to those points or that they are stupid, it just isn't a fix for this problem. I believe that the whole idea of kicking to steal a tech is incredibly scummy, but there can be a proper solution to this.
A great solution could be a checkbox in the tech manager to indicate if you want the tech to despawn if you get disconnected. This is of course a middle ground solution versus the tech staying or just going despawning. This option allows tech "trading" in a way or even better for tech trading could be an expansion to options similar to the proposed checkbox. Perhaps one that says "Allow other players to snapshot" or things like that to stop tech stealing.

Reactions: harpo99999