Tech idea to challenge master builders

Are you going to try building this?

• Total voters

Shayne

Now, I know what you may be thinking. "Oh, just another noob who can't build", but hear me out.

I've been thinking about this idea for a while.,, Is it possible to create an internal combustion engine in terratech? Eg, an Inline 4 cylinder engine, or a V8 engine. Theoretically, we have the parts to do it.

Personally, I would never have the patience to try creating something of this complexity, it'd confuse me, then frustrate me, then i'd burn myself out and stop playing for a couple of weeks out of frustration and anger.

Obviously it wouldn't be able to actually "run" like a conventional internal combustion engine, as we don't have a fuel source or ignition source, however, it would be able to utilize thrusters / ion drives to move seperate parts of the engine. We have the blocks that could simulate camshafts, pistons, valves, and all other running gear of an engine. Mainly EXP blocks, but geocorp bumper blocks could also work.

It wouldn't be easy by any means. But I believe that one of you talented tech-builders out there could make one.

If anyone does undertake this challenge, I'd suggest starting with a two stroke, single piston engine. If you undertake the challenge, you probably don't need advice from me, but i'd say starting small is a better way to do it, rather than jumping right into trying to make a giant V8.

I know this is a pretty useless idea, but it would be a great challenge to anyone who likes building.

I don't really expect anyone to even read this thread, let alone waste their time trying to build something so complex for no good reason, but the fact that you decided to read my random thought means a lot. Thank you for taking your time to read this. If you try, then good luck. If not, I don't blame you one single bit.

burger1113

'Combustion' could be done with an explosive weapon or even the sonic lance.(if we make them fire towards a wall or something that is a multitech). Only if the physics was all funny regarding blocks belonging to different techs... And if the axles and bearings worked properly...