Tech designs gone on console

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
All my named techs, aside from three outdated flyers, were deleted. Was this supposed to happen, or is my game messed up from the new update?

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
If you had have included the release number, and the platform you are playing on it would make things easier on the Dev's.
As it is, all I can tell you that all of my auto saves, and auto snapshots were deleted on the push from 1.0.2 upgrade.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Thanks, I'm on Xbox, version 1.0.0.11 and for the second time now, I've lost all techs saved within the past week. Luckily I was playing as my favorite, with a couple of the others spawned nearby, when I saved. Just tired of losing all this design time going through the list of snapshots hoping I still have my tanks and airships. Last time I had to rebuild my main tech from scratch .just balancing the internal hoverplates took an hour, and I don't use the hover glitch, if that even still exists.

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
1) Did anything from any other games get deleted?

2) Save file?(If save files exist on Xbox)

3) So this has happened before? Was there anything you might have done then that you did now?

4) Could you've misplaced or accidentally moved your files; did you fiddle around or otherwise interact with them recently?

Last edited:

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there, thanks for letting us know about this issue, I'll check this out for you.

Cheers!

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
@kae The day after 1.0.0.11 hit I lost all designs that had gyros, and anything that had been modified within the previous five days. It happened one more time a few days later, but I had all the lost techs spawned in when I saved by a stroke of raw luck. The save files are still there, but I noticed that both times I lost tech, the option to continue was absent from my start screen. It was only on loading my game from the list that I found my designs missing. The techs were still spawned and able to be saved without overwriting anything. The templates just weren't there.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@kae The day after 1.0.0.11 hit I lost all designs that had gyros, and anything that had been modified within the previous five days. It happened one more time a few days later, but I had all the lost techs spawned in when I saved by a stroke of raw luck. The save files are still there, but I noticed that both times I lost tech, the option to continue was absent from my start screen. It was only on loading my game from the list that I found my designs missing. The techs were still spawned and able to be saved without overwriting anything. The templates just weren't there.
Thanks for the info!
I'll add this to our investigation.

I've had this happen on both an Xbox One and an Xbox One S, twice on the first. The game removed any Auto Snapshots (from deaths) plus half of my saved techs. Both consoles set to auto update, latest version so assuming 1.0.0.11 as people have stated above.

Xbox one (the OG version) fully updated. Often when I swap between campaign and creative it overwrites my snapshots. No updates or anything, just swapping game modes seems to do it.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Everything is gone. 100% of my hard work designing epic airships and invincible tanks within the broken block limit of the console hell, is gone. Yesterday I made a black widow spider complete with useless curled under fangs. She's gone too. My giant geocorp scorpion, dead. I'm done till we have better future and a functional save system. GG, TT.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
1.0.0.11 still deleting saved techs on Xbox 1s. I'm only losing the tech list. All save files are still there, but without any blueprints for my designs. I'm the only person on this console, and it's the only one I play on. Files aren't being lost in transfer or anything like that. Not sure, but it may have occured when I updated another game that uses similar snap together physics. Not saying names but it rhymes with blast yo beer.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
I'm surprised and offended that people still come on these forums just to play the PC "master race" card. I hope your hard drive burns up. Right after you unlock hawkeye level 3.
hes not really just here to do that, he's been here for longer than i have. I don't think that such inconveniences should remain console-exclusive, but i do usually get games that can be on pc on a pc, because file manipulation is much easier.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
hes not really just here to do that, he's been here for longer than i have. I don't think that such inconveniences should remain console-exclusive, but i do usually get games that can be on pc on a pc, because file manipulation is much easier.
I understand that from every angle. But I also live in America, where money is a fickle god, and like many others all over the world, cannot afford a gaming pc. As someone here to ensure that people are civil, or whatever a "forum defender" does, he should have more control than that. Not to mention a modicum of maturity.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
I'm here to get news and report issues with the version I have, so that these issues can be solved for myself and others on the same platform. Anyone who has a problem with the platform doesn't have to buy one. But I did, because they're much cheaper than a giant four piece system that I have to buy new furniture for.

NotExactlyHero

FORUM DEFENDER
Website
www.khanacademy.org
I'm surprised and offended that people still come on these forums just to play the PC "master race" card. I hope your hard drive burns up. Right after you unlock hawkeye level 3.
'Twas with a joking tone. And please, my hard drive won't burn up right after I unlock hawkeye level 3 it'll be when I load up TeraTech again.

I'm here to get news and report issues with the version I have, so that these issues can be solved for myself and others on the same platform. Anyone who has a problem with the platform doesn't have to buy one. But I did, because they're much cheaper than a giant four piece system that I have to buy new furniture for.
Yes, and I'm sure this continued devotion will help the developers fix the problem much sooner.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
'Twas with a joking tone. And please, my hard drive won't burn up right after I unlock hawkeye level 3 it'll be when I load up TeraTech again.

Yes, and I'm sure this continued devotion will help the developers fix the problem much sooner.
I hope so, and I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. I was having an especially bad day, and I'm fed up with the PC community in cross-platform games like a certain pirate themed armed robbery simulator. I took out my bad mood on you, and it was wrong. I hope we can continue to help the devs improve the game, with more cooperation in the future.