Tech Combiner?

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
The question mark is there cause I didnt know exactly what to call it. The idea is basically to set multiple techs to where they are all acting like one. So if I press forward on my tech all the other techs that I have set up also go forward. If I press space they all fire.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"Slaved" controls...? Or "Chaos controls" because all your techs will quickly be driving in different directions, bumping into things and generally being a mess.;)

It would certainly be helpful to be able to mass-issue guard/idle commands to AI followers, though. Maybe manual firing control.:)

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
"Slaved" controls...? Or "Chaos controls" because all your techs will quickly be driving in different directions, bumping into things and generally being a mess.;)

It would certainly be helpful to be able to mass-issue guard/idle commands to AI followers, though. Maybe manual firing control.:)
I was thinking less of an army and more for multitechs or trailers.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
I agree 100% with the need for this. TerraTech's current architecture doesn't support something a simple as a truck trailer. One thought that comes to mind is a pair of blocks, one on each tech, which link with a beam. The techs both respond to input commands of the primary tech. There could be problems with this though because a trailer shouldn't always be turning the same direction as the tractor, etc.

Independently, I have also suggested making an AI mode for "trailers" which more or less just unlocks the wheels/acceleration axis to roll freely while not being controlled. That way you could tow something wheeled without trouble. You could code this by saying if the tech experiences a force in one direction, it will use it's wheels/propellers/whatever to try to follow that force. Thus if the force reverses (as in coming to a stop) the trailer will also stop.

I reckon control transmitter and receiver that can be on different channels. Like this: Transmitter on channel 1, separate tech(1) has receiver on channel 1, another tech(2) has receiver on channel 2. The tech with transmitter presses forwards key, tech 1 goes forwards, tech 2 doesn't do anything.