Team Battle - Multiplayer development suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by MrTwister, Jul 1, 2018.

?

Would you like deathmatch to transform into team battles this style?

1. Yes please!!!

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Perhaps.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Meh...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MrTwister

MrTwister Well-Known Member

Hi devs!

I have a suggestion how to expand our deathmatch multiplayer.

One of the modes that would be really great to see is multiplayer Team Battle:
    - Teams spawn in opposite corners outside of range (at least twice the draw distance) on a medium to large size map. (developing a good pool of maps is also quite important)
    - Maps can be standard pre-made landscapes or generated using map generator.
    - Teams battle without respawn until one team will emerge victorious.
    - Number of waves/rounds on a map can be specified before start.
    - By default teams are using fully custom techs they created in campaign/creative/whatever OR can choose one of pre-made/standard techs
    - 4x Sliders for each corporation "Tech level limit" 1-5 for GSO, 1-3 for others, one for each corporation. Optionally restrict blocks above certain tech level or no limit (default)
    - Sliders "Max $$BB value of individual tech", "Max $$BB value of team" in thousands of BB - from a few thousand to millions to unrestricted. Default is unrestricted. Also teams could have custom $$BB restrictions for teams assigned to each player. Team could have something like one $5 mil tech each, a couple $1-2 mil techs each, four $650k techs each, unlimited cheaper techs. These can be distributed as slots among players in the team.
    - Tech size limit - one selector for blanket rule for all players (default unlimited) AND custom size restrictions for teams assigned to each player. For example in a two team battle each team could be allowed one slot for humongous tech (unlimited size), two slots for large techs (each 60% of max X Y Z dimensions), four slots for medium techs (each 40% of max X Y Z) and unlimited small techs (20% of max Z Y Z).
    - Selector(tick) "Enable/disable custom techs" (choose from pre-made developers' techs only or both custom and pre-made)

- Team Attrition mode - alternative to Team battle. In this mode there are no rounds and game goes on for a certain time. Players will respawn after a delay if killed (60 sec customizeable). Instead of 1 life each there can be $$BB pool assigned for each team and each tech on spawning will draw from this pool. The game ends either when the time runs out or when one of the teams runs out of cash and no longer able to produce techs.

- Scores for kills/damage and possibly other feats like spotting/tanking are displayed/calculated in the end.
    There can be two columns - first absolute value scores in raw numbers, as well as scores divided/adjusted for total sum of $$BB value of techs the player used during a particular battle. (thus rewarding smaller/lighter techs as well as less dying/cautious play)

- Map rotation after X battles can be specified (premade or random generated, possibly ticking desired climates or no restriction)

- Most of the above should be optional to allow fully custom games

- Ability to save and maybe even exchange presets of these options

Hope this is not too much, but seeing we now have the basics of multiplayer games available and that it is actually a deathmatch multiplayer, it may be time to grow it into something bigger and more complex, something really satisfying for all. :)

This could also give something for the kingdoms to work with to slug it out.

What do you guys think?

2. Ninjin_Ninja

Ninjin_Ninja Well-Known Member

well, the first thing almost sounds like it could be a true capture the flag mode :p

second, that rando terrain could really give one team an advantage.

third, that actually sounds kinda cool, like a good amount of time both are in own bubble to make techs, and then its elimination.

fourth, actually sounds like a kinda siege mode where both teams send types of ai techs to the other side along them to try and destroy a base type thing.

fifth with the sliders, uhmm..... maybe a better way is each block would have a certain rating to it, and there'd be a limit bar, so if someone were to get 10 megaton cannons, they could only use 4 of them kinda thing, or like only one bertha cannon, eh?

Attrition could be interesting too, it wouldn't be too hard to just have lives for each side, but maybe if it was with money that allows the option of more types of techs that are more expensive but more powerful.

That's all I really have to say :p

3. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

Sounds great! In my head I was already vaguely imagining some Kingdom Wars Martial Law of Battle code but I had never got past a vague 'each unit has a 'force score' based on its combat metric, size and cost and total force score must be the same or very similar between belligerent factions in a melee.' Basically you had the same idea, merely better and more fleshed out. I would love to see this added as an MP gamemode!

4. Ninjin_Ninja

Ninjin_Ninja Well-Known Member

thats literally almost all im good for, i take a small base and then go off bajillion with it XD thats my thing :p