Target Dummy Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
Let's build, dummies. I mean... lets build dummies! Target dummies to be precise.

I'm looking to add some new Target Dummies to the R&D Labs to freshen things up a bit. So rather than building them all myself, I figured I'd get some help from you lot.

Post your best target dummie Techs here and I'll go through them all and add my faveourites to the R&D Lab.

There aren't any restrictions. It just needs to be innate. And by that I mean just a stationary anchored tech. Ideally it would be similar to the ones that are already in the R&D Lab, so think along those lines, but I'm open to any ideas really.

Last edited:

sharmoni

Oct 23, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: Sebby and Matt

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
Jan 21, 2016
An attempt at recreating the GSO Cube.
No shields or repair bubbles - Just simple destruction of the cube and/or the computer.

GSO One Block.png

Last edited:

sharmoni

Oct 23, 2019
Here's my favorite entry: an active target for testing weapon tracking.

Quick description: target is a separate tech riding in a neutral spinning tech.
(See my workshop post for full details and assembly instructions.)

If I only get one entry (and this target isn't disqualified for moving or being too complex) make it this one, otherwise my Hard Target is still my preferred entry.

R&D Target Area save with my target assembled and charged (also includes a variety of weapons for testing): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2418017174

UI considerations:
I tried to make this as obvious as possible by renaming the two neutral techs (different names may work better).
It stays functioning when loading a save (because the linear motors don't stop), which I hope would be the case with restarting R&D Labs.
It needs to be positioned far enough from the other targets to accurately test weapon tracking.
The carrier tech may bump over loose blocks from the target (maybe it could be set to suck them up like in Co-Op?).
Possible deal-breaker: it stops moving if you are too far from it, but the shield still drains the battery if you are close enough to see it, so the target loses its shield over time. If you move to another part of R&D Labs the battery won't drain, but it also won't charge if it's already drained. It takes 17 minutes for the shield to drain the battery when the target isn't moving and 18 minutes (once its moving) for the target's dynamo generator to fully recharge the completely drained battery).

Tracking Target.png

Last edited:

Vertu

Jun 10, 2020
I was tempted to make this ever since the screenshot challenge but never really put myself to it... until now, today.
Made some changes with it compared to my original idea ~2 weeks ago but ohhh boy. This is probably the most I have enjoyed building in TT in a LONG time, this submission I absolutely love to bits and am so glad I put myself to make it.

Also, lets just say I got some inspiration for this one from someone.

Well since apparently this challenge is probably gonna start 1 month from now I am putting the screenshot now. I expected it to be shown today the 17th.

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2426845092
No spoilers.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt

warbrand2

A merc who loves blowing up large targets.
Jun 16, 2020
Just realized we lack any targets designed for Air to air, so I built one.

BF smart target.png
Image above is the snapshot but for those that don't know how: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2433372820 here is the steam.

20210323084733_1.jpg

Targets use and what is needed for it to work.

This target is designed for air to air, or air to AG target practice. unlike other targets it is not something meant to be shot down by ground builds unless they have AA... which it is also built to test.

Function wise this target is meant to be placed in clusteres of 3 to 5 on a range with 5 clusters all spread out at different hights the lowest ones being just above hover height the highest being at +250ft.
20210323085252_1.jpg20210323085326_1.jpg

placement example on the current target range, would likely need their own range.

Along with this would be a run way and heli pad like area, to start. if requested will make turret run versions that have weapons.

Edit: after doing some testing this version is a bit to hard of a target for lighter techs will make a less armored one.
20210323085840_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sebby and Matt

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Jul 23, 2018
So the three that we've chosen to put into R&D Labs are:

@sharmoni's Directional Target
@Darkstar076' GSO Cube (the smaller one)
@Ninjer's C4

Congrats and thanks to everyone for submitting your Target Dummies.

We'll hopefully have these added in the next update.

Reactions: Vertu and sharmoni
Status
Not open for further replies.