See the linked posts for more details:
What are the block requirements for the TACais
(To make them work)
the raid TAC
The plane TAC
For Allied AI, each AI module is capable of handling different operations:
Need it Now? [>Install TTMMThe Discussion ThreadHere
For Enemy AI, the AI is auto-set based on the Tech's block composition:
This is the thread to submit Techs for the Random Spawns in TACtical AIs. It will remain open for as long as someone is able to tend to this thread. To Generate JSON or RAWTECH Techs: Pause the game with your current Tech and press the "SAVE RAW" button in the upper left hand corner. To Find...
Hopefully the Devs down the line fix that when they get to Legion...
Make the plane ai turn around when going too far from you aka out of render distance.
Try to tune the plane ai to make them not nose dive whenever they are top heavy or down heavy (ai can indicate how fast it goes down and up so it will calculate the right hight to go down and not chrash)
- Since this AI mod does not (currently) use PIDs in nature, the AIs don't have an automatic trim function. As a last resort, I would suggest adding more Steering Hovers to aid AI control.
As for most of the other issues in AI controls:
I can't get the raid techs to move with tank treads
Make a aggresive plane ai wich will attack any enemy nearby and chase them not just fly circles and try to hit them
I have succesfully created one TACai plane all my other 40 designs failed. 5 partly because the enemys can't use them. most of them nosedive or fly away.
And for helicopters yea... none of my helicopters worked even with the circle gyro they still just nosedive
For the helicopter i dont really know because i dont see whats wrong as they all fly for 2 seconds before they crash
They require a charged charger base (in range) to function properly and appropriate energy shielding.
Try to keep your aircraft as center-balanced as possible
- Try to avoid GSO wings as their delay in control make them painful in general
- Make sure your aircraft can pitch up to 75 degrees without stalling. If they don't stall at all, the better, and then they can perform immelmanns which increase their combat ability against both ground and air targets.
Keep most of your thrust pointing upwards, mostly towards the center of mass and some gyroscopes on board
The rest of these issues are more technical and fall back to Tech designs (and the AI's lack of a PID - stability system).
- The AI can't pitch forwards with a copter anyways because not even normal human players can when the controls bork. This could be partially solved by adding forwards thrust boosters for the chopper to use.
If you could link these Techs or post the snapshots to help troubleshooting the AI, it would be thoroughly appreciated!
That said, I've run into a problem with the Harvest AI... or more accurately my harvester has. When it returns to base it makes a straight line to the nearest receiver, even if said receiver is on the opposite side of the base. So it just rams the backend of the base in a vain attempt to phase through blocks to get to the receivers. Is there a way to fix this or will I just need to link up more receivers? Already tried adding in a BF AI hoping the smarter driving would help (dunno if that's functional at this point).
Update 1.7 (smarter AI pathfinding) should have helped reduce this issue's severity. If all else fails:
- Placing a ring of receivers around that base should help reduce downtime in both navigating around the base and AI errors from getting stuck on the base.
- Check the base's AI - the current icon hints that it is set to a Multi-Tech AI, which means the AI will intentionally not pathfind around it as Multi-Tech builds usually involve two techs attached to each other via some physical linkage method.
can this mod be mixed with TTMM steam?
Someday this mod will be on Steam, but right now there's still some remaining light crash issues and the Steam Workshop TTMM does not let the player skip the crash reporter.
There's a fuel regeneration mod up there on TTMM Steam, sure, but this mod is on a caliber which makes it far more difficult to port over.