TACtical AI - Alternative Tech AI

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Need it Now?
[>Install TTMM<] and download TACtical AI, Mod Config Helper, and Nuterra.Native Options in the TTMM!

This thread is mainly reserved for updates to this mod,
please keep other matters in:
[>The Discussion Thread<]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Developed with help from @Sozin, and drive by the TerraTech Community
Source Code [>Here<]

This is the TerraTech AI rebuilt nearly entirely from scratch - note that there's still some lingering bugs.
I advise you make backups of the save you are planning to use this mod in. MP support is very shaky at the moment.

Because Legion is a brilliant concept Corp, this is what I think the AI will at least be like when they finally come out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allied AI has been buffed. A TON.
Every AI Module handles differently from each other.
Different kinds can stack their bonuses to make a better AI tech.

Adding them all together is like Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet, or like using the best parts from every corp and making a single super-potent Tech with them.
They press the [W] key like they mean it, even going as far as pressing the Booster Button if need be!

This AI can pilot nearly every type of Tech that exists if built somewhat properly.
Airplanes, Choppers, Ships, Spaceships... and more I think

Harvest AI
So it's back again, reincarnated shiny anew under my own best knowledge of the way TerraTech functions.
The AI runs back to the nearest working allied receiver when threatened. Also they do have a limited scanning range before they run out of things to mine (or even get lost on the way home!)
GSO and GeoCorp AI modules have this AI

Protector AI
Now, this Harvest AI runs home when threatened, but this can be suppressed with an Protector AI:
Which follows the closest non-player controlled mobile allied Tech.
GSO's AI module has this AI

Mimic Multi-Tech AI
A Mimic Multi-Tech AI for messing around with:
Universal along with the other Multi-Tech AI functions like Slave and Turret, but GC's Mimic can also follow non-player Techs.

Venture's and Hawkeye's AI can pilot choppers and airplanes. Hawkeye's AI exclusively can be sent out to raid things with the Kill mode.

Additionally, the BF AI can self-repair (somewhat still in development) while boasting a better two-point avoidance system. Spaceship driver.

This mod does not touch the Allied AI when it is anchored (minus the AIs with Auto-Anchor enabled) so there shouldn't be any problems with those at least. Also left Neutrals alone for the most part.

Last edited:

Legionite

May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
The Enemy AI has also received some attention:
They aren't just limited to the same mindset each - some are smarter and some have differing combat styles to add to variety. The smartest can repair damage and missing blocks, and some with anchors and solar panels can recharge when idle.

There's now a difficulty slider to adjust how smart the enemy AI is (provided that Nuterra NativeOptions is installed)
It affects:
  • Enemy Self-Repair times
  • Enemy collision avoidance ability
  • Likelihood of Enemy block drops
  • Rates of which enemy Aircraft AI can spawn

Enemy Bases & HQs can spawn at random - mainly determined when the random enemy has collectors attached.
If enabled, enemies can spawn bases and threaten the local resources, much like what the older description of TerraTech used to say about the "rival prospectors". These Techs never despawn until destroyed, making them "permanent" residents
Some build techs for a living. Some mine resources. Some just sit and watch their Autominers go brrrr.
Rarely, an HQ can even appear, defenses and all - now don't get it wrong, these are not the Corp's HQs, but an Enemy HQ you need to take down before they make more Techs and threaten even more land!

As such they don't care too much about the surrounding landscape as their job is to get filthy rich.
Protech your terra prospectors!

Enemy Aircraft
can spawn late-game if the Airborne Enemies toggle is enabled, and they will not worry about height. At pretty much any elevation, enemy aircraft can spawn, but if you float too high above all terrain, this rate doubles - the skies are no longer clear of danger. In advance:
Enemy Spaceships
On very rare occasion, larger airborne threats like spaceships can emerge and can threaten everything you have built. This is also toggled off with the Airborne Enemies toggle if it's too scary.

Enemy Naval Crafts
If the WaterMod is installed, and the toggle is enabled:
Enemy spawns that land in water that are deemed unable to operate in water are swapped out for a water - capable Tech. These techs, unlike normal and aircraft Techs, do not care about what grade you are at currently - So early game, be careful about going into these hazardous waters - they are no longer a danger escape.

If you respawn in the water with the default starting tech, the tech will be swapped out for a variant that works in the water.

Currently there are around 80 prefab Tech spawns including all bases, airplanes, helicopters, spaceships, and naval ships.

You can suggest new Techs at [>The Raw Tech Submission Thread<]

Visit [>The Discussion Thread<] to discuss this mod
and existing techs with others

Attached below is an optional Custom Block pack that is intended to run alongside this mod when the Water Mod and Block Injector is installed - it's likely going to be updated or merged into the main mod down the line.

Attachments

Last edited:

warbrand2

A merc who loves blowing up large targets.
Jun 16, 2020

I love this mod, and really hope the devs add it or take ques from it for vanilla. Makes the world feel so much more alive especially the bases.

Zonko

Sep 20, 2019

I love this mod, and really hope the devs add it or take ques from it for vanilla. Makes the world feel so much more alive especially the bases.
Even if they just include it as a temp patch while they work on their own more complete version.

Legionite

May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Again, please try to keep conversations to [>The Discussion Thread<]

I will not be able to handle any requests, reports, ETC here, thanks.

AI Enabled Types (Vanilla):

Default Maximum Mobile distance from player: 100
(note that beyond this distance, they will still fire at threats)

Default Minimum Mobile distance from enemy (airborne): 50
GSO Gruntle A.I. Module
Protect
Miner
Ship
GSO Anchored A.I. Module
Protect

Max Mobile dist from player: 150
GeoCorp Dozer A.I. Module
Miner
Charger

Multi-Tech functions with other AIs
Will ram enemies
Venture A.I. Module
Pilot
Ship

Broadside combat method (circle)
Max Mobile dist from player: 300
Hawkeye Counter A.I. Module
Kill
Pilot
Space

Advanced AI
Max Mobile dist from player: 200
Hawkeye Helios A.I. Sentry
Kill

Advanced AI
Max Mobile dist from player: 225
Better Future AI Module
Space

Can repair missing blocks
Smarter driving
Max Mobile dist from player: 225
Min Mobile dist from enemy: 60

Last edited:

skitter145

Jun 23, 2020
t aparecendo erro pra min well_Fib crash report fica aparecendo isso ai pra mim e a camera trava

Attachments

Last edited:

warbrand2

A merc who loves blowing up large targets.
Jun 16, 2020
I am guessing Charger goes around and charges other techs.

WIP is likely its name work in progress.

Reactions: Legionite

Legionite

May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
TACtical AI Update Version - 1.5.2
NEW:
+ There is now a tooltip display for each AI
+ There is a toggle in settings to disable enemy base expanding
+ There is now a slider in settings to adjust maximum enemy base expansions
+ Pushed recent community Techs to enemy pool
+ The config file has a "hidden" setting for enemy BB sell gain multiplication
+ Enemy bases can now gain BB from SCU scavenged blocks (but Collect AI is still N/A)

Changes:
+ error on load is now named ErrorTech
+ Ragnarok allows all techs regardless of player cost to spawn
+/- Options have shifted a bit
+/- Enemy Base expansions default reduced to 6

FIXES:
+ Slight lag reduction with enemy base AI
+ error on load/ErrorTech should now be seen less often in MP
+ Opening Debug RAW Tech loader should take less time
+ CollectPossibleAirborneAI should no longer cause load-related crashes
+ Fixed some specific case errors with RAW tech loader
+ Suppressed a crash caused by an error when trying to handle battle music

I am guessing Charger goes around and charges other techs.

WIP is likely its name work in progress.
Yes, charger does go around charging other Techs

wip is planned to be Collect, which is a block collection AI type. It will remain uncomplete until Space Junkers (or a more reasonable reason to collect blocks) arrives for the most part.

(Previous updates posted on Discord below)

Attachments

LCo

Jul 6, 2018
Hello Legionite,

I really don't want to bother you, but I was wondering if a "Follow" oder was at all possible.

"Follow" at the difference of "Protect" would simply be follow in a straight line. I believe this could be useful for flying techs (specially helicopters and maybe others rather unstable flying techs).

Anyhow, I still find it amazing that you've done this all by yourself.

Reactions: Legionite

Legionite

May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Update Dump
TACtical AI Update Version - 1.5.3
NEW:
+ New additions to community population enemy techs
+ Enemy events are now highlighted in Red
+ Enemies can now gain BB by SCU-ing blocks
+ New Icons for most of the Allied AI types

Changes:
+ Greatly reduced chances of an enemy spawning with the Miner (base builder) mindset
+ GUI tooltip is more active
+ Upon request of Ski, Slave mode is now named Static
+ AI mode Kill is now Scout

TACtical AI Update Version - 1.6
Changes:
+ Raw Tech Debug spawner is now color-coded based on spawning type

FIXES:
+ Community Techs should now all spawn appropreately

TACtical AI Update Version - 1.6.1
NEW:
+ Trader Trolls now have a chance to spawn at trading stations. This is ultimately determined by the difficulty.

Changes:
+ Silenced enemy anchor spam noises
+ On request of Tidgem, doubled the time the AI menu stays open
+ Mining AI will now only run away from danger if an AI module with Advanced AI is attached
- For reference, the GC and GSO AIs do not contain Advanced AI cores, only the vanilla HE AI has the Advanced AI core

FIXES:
+ Mining AI should now see resources that were force-respawned while the world is still loaded
+ Disabled Enemy automatic conveyor configuator as that was a major source of the crashes

TACtical AI Update Version - 1.6.2 & 1.6.3
TACtical AI Update Version - 1.6.2
FIXES:
+ Trader troll spawns should now happen correctly based on difficulty

TACtical AI Update Version - 1.6.3
NEW:
+ Toggle to enable Eradicator Techs (massive techs) spawning

FIXES:
+ Enemy Trader Trolls should no longer spawn in creative mode while enemy spawns are disabled
+ Removed some outdated non-community spawns that were causing some crashes

TACtical AI Update Version - 1.7
Known Issues:
- Mimic AI in build beam can intentionally be shoved under terrain

NEW:
+ Enemies can now spawn with random coloring

FIXES:
+ All AI self-building-function-induced lag has been reduced significantly
+ Raw Tech Loader should no longer take a decade to load local enemy bases
+ Mimic AI (player-only) should no longer have infinite range - Now determined by the minimum dist from enemy stat
+ Mimic AI attempts to re-surface to solid terrain, should it be shoved under the terrain by player mishaps or abuse
+ Most AI types now correctly use the crash avoidance system - they should bump less now
+ Enemy naval tech AI flagging with WaterMod installed should no longer happen on heavy hover-based builds
+ Raw Tech loader should no longer crash if a folder with RAWTECH(s) in them is placed within the Enemies directory
+ All AIs Pathfinding should now work when going to a target from far away
+ Harvester AI now uses more strict Pathfinding when navigating bases to get to the other side
- This should help a bit but is not totally foolproof
- You can help the AI out by moving out turrets that are too close to the base
- or placing a ring of receivers around that base

TACtical AI Update Version - 1.7.1
FIXES:
+ Raw Tech Loader should now load Techs in completely
+ Raw Tech Loader should no longer crash the whole game when attempting to load a corrupted RAWTECH
+ Raw Tech Loader should now setup conveyors by placement sequencing
+ Slight reduction in log spam from tech spawning

Changes:
+ Changed UI labeling of the Raw Tech Saver
+ Optimized custom title screen to reduce lag between scenes

NEW:
+ Raw Tech Loader now has a Direct-to-Enemy button
+ Raw Tech Loader now also has all snapshots to enemies button
+ Added more population Techs

Last edited:

arl6

Apr 26, 2021
the plane AI is incredible! I can finally have competent plane based fighting that isn't plane vs turret or something. this is the greatest! I also LOVE the challenge of the massive enemies and the aircraft. I just wish there were more enemies, good thing that's being worked on though. The plane AI is very good, proving a decent enemy, to who I lose about 30% of fights with cruise missiles, 75% with seeker pods or stuff like them, and almost 100% with some of the modded stuff. Its a great AI that can do things from dodging to dive bombing, very well made. I am gonna go propose a few techs I made for the enemy submissions!

Reactions: Aardvark123

Legionite

May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Update Dump Part 2
TACtical AI Update Version - 1.8 [Major Update "Prospecting Madness"]
-- Enemy Bases can now direct attacks --

Known Issues:
- Some enemies created from base production facilities cannot be player-locked onto
- This can also lead to crashes when sending them to SCU and issues with the Tech Manager

NEW:
+ Enemy bases now signal other allied bases to deploy mobile Techs and allies to attack threats
+ Techs spawned from enemy bases will eject fully charged and ready to go
+ New GSO Enemy Production Base spawns "Marco Production"[Light Tank] and "Factoriolisimo"[Heavy Tank]
+ New Better Future bases "Gains"[Autominer], "Extractor"[Receiver] and, "Electroysis"[Hover-Skiff]
+ Enemies with less than 3 blocks (population) or enemy base fragments now self-destruct to (hopefully) prevent Tech spam
+ Enemy AI icons now show enemy intelligence or control type
+ Smart enough Enemies anchor to recharge during the day if they have solar panels and a working anchor
+ Allied AI Protect and Tank now have icons

FIXES:
+ Self-Repairing Techs should no longer spawn unnecessary blocks and work on save load
+ Mobile Raw Enemies should now spawn with all bubbles active immediately
+ Enemy bases should no longer spawn if "Enable Rebuilt Enemies" is disabled (Enemy AI changes off)
+ Enemy aircraft should no longer spawn under illegal conditions
+ Enemy aircraft should no longer fly too high
+ Disabling Eradicators should now disable Eradicators no matter what

Changes:
+ Venture Enemy Receiver Base name change from "Tuning Shop" to "Podium Base" - may break some enemies
+ Self-Repairing Techs can now grab off of allied block conveyors, magnets, ETC
+ Made the Harvest and Pilot AI icons a bit more pronounced
+ Enemy Airborne AI now spawn higher to reduce chances of becoming snagged
+ Enemy Spaceships should no longer broadside (will change in the future based on weapons placement)
+ Enemy Bases build slower when attacked
+ Enemy Bases should now actually build defenses
+ Enemy Bases push their money to the biggest base under threat:
- Prevent loss of their earnings
- Create a focal point for the enemy to build bases around and protect
- Bases that don't host the money will not build, so that bases don't "overgrow" when partially loaded
+ Enemy Bases should no longer exponentially increase expansion rate on each base built if "Enemies Have Unlimited Blocks" is enabled
+ Enemy Venture Bases no longer just appear and start spamming Techs immediately

TACtical AI Update Version - 1.8.1
Known Issues:
- Some enemies created from base production facilities cannot be player-locked onto
- This can also lead to crashes when sending them to SCU and issues with the Tech Manager

NEW:
+ Disabling enemy bases will make the enemy bases spawned by this mod self-destruct so they can be removed if needed
- Please do this if your game is suffering badly from previous Base AI iteration-caused lag to refresh the experience
+ Enemy Bases' starting budgets has been reduced during earlier grades due to them being permanent/too hard to remove residents
+ Enemy Bases' build speed is now determined by difficulty, not the fastest AI build rate available
+ Enemy Bases build 3x slower when attacked
+ Enemy bases under attack (and enemies with the lightbulb) will now try to keep up the defense (or assault) if resistance is met
+ Reloading blocks should now also reload all Raw Techs correctly
+ Enemy bases should now smartly manage the restrictions imposed upon them and remove bases that aren't needed as well as "sell" unneeded base components
+ Changing the difficulty now changes enemy aircraft spawn chance

+ New RR Enemy Base spawns "Decanter"[Autominer], "Labricator"[Small Tech production] and, "Natural Select"[Quad-Tech production]
+ New Venture Enemy Production Base spawn "Rally Host"[Heavy Tech Production]

FIXES:
+ Fixed a major cause of Raw Tech corruption on repeated respawns and destruction
+ Enemy spaceships should now be able to aim lower without build-beaming
+ Harvester AIs should no longer freak out in the water
+ Bases should coordiate attacks more accurately
+ Enemy techs should retain the "revenge" lock-on for longer
+ Enemy techs spawned from bases are moved out (bolts alone too unreliable) so they don't jam

Changes:
+ Changed GSO Factoriolisimo to Muddy Kennel - may break some bases
+ Debug Raw Enemy spawner now spawns in Prefab bases in as a random competent enemy team
+ There is now an ememy bribe penalty applied - enemies should also bribe less often now
- Removed tiny AI miners on GSO Furlough Base as they were weighing against the limit, and added some more guns for defense

LCo

Jul 6, 2018
Still, I amazed by the amou d of work you put into this Legionite... at times I wonder if you have any sleep