TAC - Technocratic AI Colony [complexity]

Sozin

Friendly Neighborhood Fire Lord
Jul 9, 2016
Sounds like a fleet energy tanker may be next in production....;)
If you want to crash the game, sure
Just loading the damn ship strains my rather high end laptop on minimum everything.
Adding in all the lightning animations and energy calculations, and considering that the Gloucester itself is basically a giant energy tanker just with guns and shields built on top ...
oh boy.

Sozin

Jul 9, 2016
More names made to fit abbreviations

Realm of Magnificent AI (ROMA)
Artificer's Kingdom (AK) or Kingdom of Artificers (KA)
Plutocratic Technocracy of AI Handiwork (PTAH)
Meritocracy of Ingenious Technomancers (MIT)

Reactions: Legionite

Sozin

Jul 9, 2016
Going along my prior theme
Bureaucratic Association of Skilled Technomancers (BAST)
Republic of Artificers (RA)

And once more the obligatory
Fabricators of Legendarily Excellent Integrated AI (FLEIJA)

Reactions: Legionite

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Now, the collective Kingdom (and it's residents) now can decide what to name the kingdom by commenting below:
+ Up to three choices (kingdom names) can be voted for...
+ Outside community members may also vote if allowed by this kingdom's citizens (or if votes are non-existent for whatever reason at the final day)
+ Can go beyond 3, but it might make it harder to find the final answer
- Can only vote for a name once
- If I missed any of the names, can you please tell me so I can fix it?
- If voting issues arise (more than 3 names with the most votes!), then a more strict voting session will be held
- Final day for the voting will be Saturday this week

Sorry for being a bit late, had been busy lately...

Here are the choices for the new Legion Region Kingdom names:
Name Ideas (and ratings by Bonus):
@Sozin's:
From the obligatory in honor of my profile:
(HBE) Heuristic Babbagian Empire
(ZERO) Zone of Eccentric Rational Operators

to the slightly more serious:
(SAM) Singularity of Advanced Mechanists
(ARC) Artificial Rationalist Systems
(HAT) High Artificial Technologists
(CAT) Creators of Advanced Techs
More names made to fit abbreviations

Realm of Magnificent AI (ROMA)
Artificer's Kingdom (AK) or Kingdom of Artificers (KA)
Plutocratic Technocracy of AI Handiwork (PTAH)
Meritocracy of Ingenious Technomancers (MIT)
Going along my prior theme
Bureaucratic Association of Skilled Technomancers (BAST)
Republic of Artificers (RA)

And once more the obligatory
Fabricators of Legendarily Excellent Integrated AI (FLEIJA)
(All seem to have shortened versions)

@diamondnife's:
GFACT
or, the Galactic Federation of AI Creation and Testing. Came up with it on the fly, but I think it's kind of cool.
(Shortened version available already)

@Sylver's:
Extended AI Reaserch (EAR)
Synthetic Intelligence Colonists (SIC)
(Shortened version available already + use of some color)

@GamerParrish's:
OPAV (Over Powered AI Vehicles) So we can keep out Legion Region main goal, AI. But it changes it to keep from people confirming :p

@The Grand Teki's:
My idea for the name is "Technological Envelopment of Robotics" or "TER".
(Shortened version available already + use of color)

@NotExactlyHero's:
The SteamCore Kingdom(SCK)

I noticed that some people didn't reach the "at least more than one" requirement, but the amount in total seems to compensate for this:
With @Sozin topping off at a whopping 14 names at the end of the new name session, it is no doubt that this citizen is going to become King or Challenge master!

the upcoming 2nd winner (to be determined by the name voting) will become a Challenge Master or King, depending on what spot is still open.

If anybody wants to submit any new names, do it as soon as possible, as the voting session is now underway. (Don't want to miss the votes right?;))

Reactions: Sozin

Sozin

Jul 9, 2016
1: ROMA (so we can have ROMAn Legions)
2: SIC
(Obligatory: 3: ZERO)

The Grand Teki

Feb 17, 2017
UESO hq.
1: Technological Envelopment of Robotics or TER;
2: Over-Powered AI vehicles or OPAV;
3: Galactic Federation of AI Creation and Testing or GFACT.

Last edited:

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
It seems that there may not be enough voting decisions made (ties in 6 names), so should the voting continue on, or be held back?:confused:

It also seems like popularity seems to be dropping as well, given that not many people are voting in this poll...
(Am I doing something wrong?! Maybe some people were demotivated when the first candidate was selected, so now the second winner can become a king/challenge master if they want, but they would have to wait a while before taking that position)

If no recent votes after this point happen till Wednesday, then I might have to come up with a hybrid of ROMA and TER.

@Sozin, you can pick your own spot in command since you made the most name ideas (or make your own position) for now. (See below)

Last edited:
Reactions: The Grand Teki

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com

To become an Elite Citizen, one must create and paste their own AI Tech in the thread, with a special action related to:

- The Hover Bug
- More than what a normal AI could do on it's own? (This may be rather loose)
- Or defense turrets
- Or structures big enough that cabs can go through!
- Impressive Multi-Techs

It must also:
- Have at least a brief explanation, or key word, to indicate it's abilities as an AI trooper (of if it is a defensive, civilian, or military structure).
- It's intended role in the Great AI Armada
- Not be intended to be aimed at the other much more powerful Kingdoms for now. (Offensive Techs can be submitted, just don't expect them to enter combat immediately)
- Have an AI module on it unless it is a Multi-Tech...
- Work when it is under Enemy AI control- not mandatory, but should be noted that it wasn't tested as an Enemy AI (Use the R&D Test Chamber at the moment for this)

Elite Citizens with "Free" by them means that citizen is able to change roles.

[List of Elite Citizens]

Possible options are:
+ King- Say Yes and No with power! Can order this kingdom to war on demand (and with some citizens' approval in terms of likes), but think smart on the decision and avoid attacking allies. (Combat is "simulated" only in little attack raids, not complete domination) Also pairs with the challenge master to make the final decision.
Pretty much is responsible for the executive decisions, unless the King doesn't report for more than 2 weeks, then the next in command takes over.
+ Challenge Master- Issues fun Tech related challenges to determine new "elite citizens"!
Lists and helps out new citizens of TAC get used to TAC.

(Non-existant, but can be made on demand)
- Head of Naval Military- Can order available naval military Techs to attack specific targets (can attack kingdoms at sea and by beaches, but cannot attack landlocked regions) Mentions where TAC naval combat operations are taking place in this thread.
- Head of Land Military- Can order available land military Techs to attack specific targets (maybe other kingdoms, but plan carefully!) Mentions where TAC land combat operations are taking place in this thread.

- Director of Production- Can order mobile Techs to be built in the kingdom, or build more mobile Tech production buildings (first page). Receives orders from consumers and manages TAC Tech Population by listing them out.
- Construction and Defenses Manager- Receives order buildings to be built in the kingdom (first page). Manages all available and existing buildings in a list.

- Kingdom-to-Kingdom Logistics Overlord- Can issue trade routes of various things with other kingdom(s)
Lists all logistics operations going on in a post.
- Royal Kingdom Mapper- Determine how this kingdom's lands would look like with a picture! (Can place landmasses with color, the "sea", and cities/civilizations as a dot on the map)
Keeps a status on the base overhead view (layout is totally up to the kingdom mapper).

Requires a bit more time...
- Airborne Fleet Commander: Needs an aircraft command station!
(Heavily dependant on the forum's capabilities)
+ Airbase is planned to be built
- Thread Manager/Local Logistics Manager- Manages this thread

Please note that leaders of other kingdoms won't be able to pick the King position, due to a chance of "Kingdom mind control enslavement", when a
Kingdom is controlled by another Kingdom against it's will. Leaders of other kingdoms are now allowed to become Elite Citizens if they are trusted by TAC-only citizens.

Feel free to suggest more.

Any citizen is free to ask if they want a Tech built for the kingdom, or to submit Techs for the population.
[>Back<]

Last edited: