TAC - Technocratic AI Colony [complexity]

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
@Legionite, go here: https://forum.terratechgame.com/index.php?threads/i-m-r-s-a-p-t-m-w-t-t.13177/#post-87158
and see why no turret, could ever defeat the World Destroyer.
It's technically a TAC matter, so I need somebody else's permission to end it. Anybody could do it, if they wanted. I just forgot about that.
The HoverTrans, you know, the old hovership containing the WORLD DESTROYER?!?!(and the Battery Pack Battlers)
Ouch, that hacked transport. I'll have a word with ChaOS to see if they are behind it.
If they aren't the culprits, then we need to find out how to fool the DMEA into fighting the World Destroyer, because that looks like too much for the TAC Mothership alone. (Snipe cheese is an option, but we need the coordinates to begin with.)

Wait, who's the DMEA?
You have a ton of lore to catch up on...
See [>Here<]

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
Thing is...
Check out what happened lately!

Quick Recap of what happened in Kiwi Space Wars:
TAC Valhalla(TAC Mothership) repaired enough damage to become functional again
Markus One and Basic Base chattered away in various channels
Markus One and Basic Base settled and chattered away in Kiwi AI Channel
Received the mission report to go to attack/spy on Kiwi Base

TAC Valhalla was then in-route to kiwi base:
Markus One AI encountered DMEA
DMEA escaped termination by Markus One
Markus One was terminated by Kiwi Antivirus for being in Kiwi AI Channel
DMEA's wake of destruction was spotted by the crew

Now the TAC Mothership is slowly reversing to not catch the attention of the unaware behemoth directly ahead of it.
Your units are also supposedly there too
Us Kebabs need to finish R&D for the new Inferno Drone for aiding the destruction of DMEA. Right now, it spontaneously combusts, desintegrating anything within a hundred meter radius. Now that I think of it... we can construct Plasmite suicide drones for desintegrating the Overship. First, we need to go to that Kiwi base location for Plasmite as we are currently running low.

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
I don't get your point...

Our units are in danger!
The TAC Mothership and your kebabian ships you sent to attack the kiwi mining operation got intercepted by the DMEA's presence, but it hasn't noticed the ships yet!
That thing is orbiting the planet(asteroid ring around it) and it has set up some small structures around the planet!
It took a whole armada of ships to damage that thing in the past and it still survived!
To make matters worse, it repaired a some serious damage in that area by mining asteroids!
Attempting to attack or mine now is suicide!
The only way past it is a covert ops ship!

What's the plan now?
bunch of unintelligible squeaking going on between Legionite and a hidden ship

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not

Our units are in danger!
The TAC Mothership and your kebabian ships you sent to attack the kiwi mining operation got intercepted by the DMEA's presence, but it hasn't noticed the ships yet!
That thing is orbiting the planet(asteroid ring around it) and it has set up some small structures around the planet!
It took a whole armada of ships to damage that thing in the past and it still survived!
To make matters worse, it repaired a some serious damage in that area by mining asteroids!
Attempting to attack or mine now is suicide!
The only way past it is a covert ops ship!

What's the plan now?
bunch of unintelligible squeaking going on between Legionite and a hidden ship
Once we finish the Inferno Drone prototype, it can easily dash by the Overship without even noticing, and mine the resources and come back.

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
So with the new blocks obtained, we just might be able to make another spaceship...

TAC H4wKnet Radar is now operational [Mech Repair Assist]
TAC Hydra is now working better again [Mech Repair Assist], but it still needs 3 other main cannons to be determined by the citizens before it can fly!
HK Condor is now flying properly again.

Other ground units are being repaired.

RIP ION CANNON to Space capabilities though...

TAC is also going to build some more Stringer MK8 mechs/walkers in the meanwhile.

Need to watch out for the pirates now, they are getting more aggressive in their seas.

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Basic Guide to Mechs in RP

Mechs in RP are not your ordinary Tech. They come with a diverse set of abilities and extreme dexterity over normal RP techs.
Hands and arms are determined by the existence of side parts to walkers.
All melee attacks ignore shields.

Mechs Currently Can:
Melee
[Arm Based]

Punch: Basic arm attack- requires at least one arm
Basic melee attack- Impact damage

Shove: Basic arm attack- requires at least one arm
Launches Techs far like the Jackhammers can, but not as effectively.
Jackhammers have incredible launching power and can be used in place of a hand at the cost of grabbing ability.

Grab: Basic hand attack- requires at least one hand
Can grab many things, but a single block for balance reasons.
RP Maglocks (magnets like GEO Corp ones) can grab entire hordes of blocks and launch them, which makes it far more effective at this than Mech hands. Cannot be used in the place of hands or it has less launching power.
Keep in mind that the enemy is still able to attack when in held, unless they have a blind spot on the bottom.

Adv. Grab: Intermediate hand attack- requires at least two hands
Grabs an entire Tech. the Tech must be less than or equal to the size of the walker, or else it fails.
Mechs can hold Techs slightly beyond their size, but cannot throw it.

Block: Intermediate hand attack- requires at least two hands
Acts as a shield
Use the Tech in possession of the Mech as a meat shield.

Throw: Intermediate hand attack- requires at least two hands
Throws the tech or object that was obtained through grab. Depends on walker size and driver skill.
Accuracy is far better than the Jackhammers or Magnets when trying to hit another target, but has less impact power.

[Leg Based]
Jump: Basic foot mobility- requires at least one leg
Jump. that's pretty much it... Depends on walker size, weight, and driver skill.
Automatically used in conjunction with fly.

Kick: Intermediate foot attack- requires at least two feet
Same thing as punch, but is lower aiming and slightly more powerful.
Catch- Might cause the walker to be thrown off-balance and fall.

Normally available:
Magnets:
Grabs enemies (or allies) from a distance. Bad accuracy but can grab multiple blocks.
Better at it than Mechs can (ranged and multiple block possession).
Can be used to block enemies, but the enemy grabbed can still attack back regardless of blindspots

Jackhammers:
Way better than magnets and Mechs in terms of actually doing damage and fling power, but trash accuracy and cannot grab anything.

Magnet & Jackhammer Combo:
This is an op strategy, but it takes way too much room and is really bad for weapon placement. Jams often with little blocks getting in the way.

Attack with weapons- universal to all Techs with weapons
Fly- if they have jetpack abilities like the Stringer MK8

Mechs can also be injured in specific places to hinder their effectiveness in combat, like the hands, arms, legs, and feet.

Last edited:

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
The result of selling some of the scavenged parts and buying new ones to build a new space ship:

The TAC Avalon Cruiser.
Handles (I think?) like the airships commonly seen on Steam from a certain popular user who makes them often.
Avalon Cruiser.png
Operates super well in both space and atmo.
The catch is that this ship needs a new AI!

Where is everybody?
I thought this was the Technocratic AI Colony, not the True Assault Colony!?!?

Nobody is interested in making an AI by stating it's intended behaviors, characteristics, gender/no gender, attitude towards certain matters, and what it likes?

Two ships need AI to be determined before they can enter service properly:
- TAC Hydra Battlecruiser
- TAC Avalon Cruiser

Last edited:

Boomik

Apr 2, 2017
Stalk me not
The result of selling some of the scavenged parts and buying new ones to build a new space ship:

The TAC Avalon Cruiser.
Handles (I think?) like the airships commonly seen on Steam from a certain popular user who makes them often.
View attachment 19444
Operates super well in both space and atmo.
The catch is that this ship needs a new AI!

Where is everybody?
I thought this was the Technocratic AI Colony, not the True Assault Colony!?!?

Nobody is interested in making an AI by stating it's intended behaviors, characteristics, gender/no gender, attitude towards certain matters, and what it likes?

Two ships need AI to be determined before they can enter service properly:
- TAC Hydra Battlecruiser
- TAC Avalon Cruiser
How does this thing float? I tried making hovership with your AGALS but it completely glitches because the thing kept flipping sideways and stuff.

Legionite

TAC Packing
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
How does this thing float? I tried making hovership with your AGALS but it completely glitches because the thing kept flipping sideways and stuff.
The TAC Avalon Cruiser is actually a single-Tech hovership, meaning that it doesn't use AGALS.

AGALS must be accompanied with other AGALS at the 4 corners of a atmospheric ship.
The Axial Stabilizer also is a requirement to be complimented with the AGALS if the craft is close to the max size limit.

Sozin

Friendly Neighborhood Fire Lord
Jul 9, 2016
I surrender
Airship.png
Super hard to balance. Esp. when comp starts lagging out.

Handles like an absolute brick, and takes literally miles to turn. Blegh.
Probably because of the gigantic flat part i included. Was meant to serve as a landing pad for fighter aircraft.

I also think it goes up infinitely because i have a bit too much lift

I'll see about reversing my upwards fans so it goes down when you press shift, and getting this brick to turn tomorrow (and adding an axial stabilizer - don't think i can get this thing to safely turn without one)

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionite