TAC - Technocratic AI Colony [complexity]

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
A comprehensive mobile base defense solution:

Introducing the Mallet:
MalletBase.png
A tank built to house a variety of turrets, able to anchor on the go to recharge its batteries (during the day at least)

In the above picture, it's equipped with a Praetorian Ground Defense Turret:
Praetorian.png
turns a bit slow, though it more than makes up for it with its firepower - the brick's shields go down in 10 seconds ish

Main drawback to this is the graphics: they made wheels add dirt tracks in the new update: constantly seeing tracks floating in the air is ... somewhat unappealing

Edit: Oh, and feel free to add me to the kingdom :p
Edit: Turret tends to have trouble when in hilly areas - modifications underway

Last edited:

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
It appears I'll have to redesign my defense platform. I just pitted one of them against a modified Mallet base and the platform lost. (savegame with recent versions attached)
(Both equipped with the same model of modified Praetorian)

The 2 v 1 was a slaughter. The 1 v 1 was closer, but ultimately the platform still lost.

Incidentally after a while the Praetorian firing just produces an almost-continuous stream of railgun shots - woe betide any non-shielded enemy that gets in its sights.
It's also been modified to turn faster w/ boosters, so kiting has become slightly more difficult.

Attachments

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
I see that you show that I am sort of in, let me assure you that the OLD Lemon Kingdom is the past. As I know Sylver, and NovaLegion were both followers of the Lemon Kingdom, and you let them in without question? The emotions of betrayal remains in their skin, however I have shown my allegiance. And sold my old kingdom, made a base. Gave a turret's blueprint... Yet you still question my allegiance. If you want to lose my alliance I will forget about this kingdom. But for what it's worth. I would rather stay...

Reactions: Legionite

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
The Glasgow is a good starting point for the R&D Navy ........
Glasgow2.png

But it is hilariously small compared to my recent builds. For reference: This is what happened when I tried to mount a Praetorian turret:
NavalPraetorian.png

Unsurprising, given the Glasgow was designed before I really started dabbling in multitechs, and thus the largest turret available was the hawkeye cannon.

Time to actually build a battleship capable of handling Praetorians.

Masakari

Nov 2, 2016
The Glasgow is a good starting point for the R&D Navy ........
View attachment 14571

But it is hilariously small compared to my recent builds. For reference: This is what happened when I tried to mount a Praetorian turret:
View attachment 14572

Unsurprising, given the Glasgow was designed before I really started dabbling in multitechs, and thus the largest turret available was the hawkeye cannon.

Time to actually build a battleship capable of handling Praetorians.
Prepare to cry as your FPS will tank to low single digits. :p

I'm working on a MT that.....let's just say can carry a Glasgow or two.

Reactions: Legionite and Sozin

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
I've barely started and already build mode AP calculations are about a second long
Sutherland.png

Hence, why I was calling for build mode optimizations, and/or removal of AP system entirely

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
Bottom half complete, and already lag is becoming a problem. As of now, it's become an art build - when complete, it will theoretically work if one has a very beefy computer.
Design roughly based off of Civ Battleships which are roughly based off of the USS Iowa.
Sutherland.png

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
Question: Does setting stuff to "enemy" in R&D mean they're all on the same team? i.e. they will all attack you and not each other?

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
Cool. With that in mind:
Sutherland.png
The Sutherland. Impressive in its own right, it was built as an ultra-heavy long-range attack vessel.
With the ability to mount 4 modified Praetorian turrets (removed extraneous guns in favor of 2 extra railguns), as well as anchor to recharge its shields,
it is the undisputed (for now) king of the R&D seas
NavalPraetorian.png

Gamesave with assembled version and miscellaneous junk lying around included.

Edit: AI does not seem to know how to turret. Sometimes they turn to face away from the enemy. Makes this laughably easy to kill

Attachments

Last edited:

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Challenge for a new leader coming up:
Once the "Throne" has been finished,
then there will be a challenge to see who can make the best:
R&D Science Facility!
That has (at least):
A Cab-sized entryway
A bigger entryway
Only one large room
Some catwalks, maybe even some that are possible to get to
GSO Tractor pad in the middle that is connected to a big "computer terminal"

Like this:
R and D Science Lab.png
It must be relative in scale to this: 20x20x18 (can go over the suggested limit, but not beyond 64x64x64)
(You can use this in your creation of your Tech, or modify this Tech for the challenge)

This new facility will allow for the scientific analysis of "collectables"- located in the spot of the Luxite Shard
It will also be able to unlock new R&D parts for the Legion Region to use with each discovery...

Extra Challenges:
Include a "lava pool" with ambient light
Exterior catwalks!
Have additional rooms
Leave the roof open, or create a separate Tech for the roof
Make a separate miniature build of the building you have made to act as a building - representative in the "Status Picture" at the head of the thread

Challenge Ends July 9th.

The Challenge Master
will be selected on account of the new king:
The person who thinks up the best challenge idea for the new king
And the new king approves it, will become the "Challenge Master"​

Last edited:
Reactions: Masakari

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
Question: Someone mentioned a trick to get somewhat independent targeting by placing multiple cabs?
Were those standard cabs or AI cabs?

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Question: Someone mentioned a trick to get somewhat independent targeting by placing multiple cabs?
Were those standard cabs or AI cabs?
I think normal cabs, but I haven't tried myself.
If I remember correctly, only separate Techs can aim at different targets.
For separate Techs, use AI cabs

Back then in older Terra Tech, a singular player cab was unable to attack directly backwards, so it explains why the Enemy AI likes to attack behind the player. This was counteracted by adding a cab facing backward.