TAC - Technocratic AI Colony [complexity]

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
But, you are still sore about it. So, you say you have the techs and power to destroy every kingdom, huh? Guess what, you don't. You're techs will be destroyed if the Lemon court says so. So, if you get so mad that you want to, you won't be able to.
I did have the power, its just that I never wanted it to happen. And the Lemon Court has no power over some of my techs. Such as the Kick Ass Titan. Which, I have complete control of.

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
I've tested this Dreadnought by using it against my Ogre Landship:

Here are my Pros for your Dreadnought:
  • Tough - hard to scratch its hide. It managed to keep most of its blocks intact, compared to the Ogre, probably due to your HE two-blocks being used as skin.
  • Good Shield Penetration - it pierced through the hide of my Ogre quite easily at the sides and back, probably due to the HE railguns.
  • Good Battery life - It managed quite well throughout the fight.
My Cons:
  • Bad handling - it has a very wide turning radius; the Ogre can turn in place and keep its front guns aimed at the Dreadnought. Try adding more Treads underneath and remove the small wheels.
  • Unshielded - while the fight was ongoing, half of your guns were wiped clean because of blast damage.

The ending was that your Dreadnought destroyed the unarmed back and left sides of the Ogre. But the Ogre being the bigger foe, it bested the Dreadnought.

All in all, the Dreadnought is a good Tech, just needs to fix the handling issue. :)

I've also used the experience to upgrade my Ogre, and I hope you upgrade yours as well; that was a fun fight

Last edited:
Reactions: Sozin

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
Purposefully went with no shield design - means batteries last longer - only repair bubbles works quite well against any enemies without overwhelming splash damage
I'll have to see about handling - probably because i decided to use tank treads - allows it to actually work on hills, but sacrifices mobility elsewhere
To turn, just turn in place. turns quite well doing that

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
@Sozin Just add more GeoCorp tank treads and you should be good to go :)
the problem is the tank treads
Tank treads don't respond well to turning while moving, or moving in general. After an initial burst, they are agonizingly slow.

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
SPACE
Current condition of Mothership:
Mining Asteroids: 1- Small miner
Stored Resources: ###############
Current armada strength:
+ Mothership/Flagship
+ 7 Docked Compact Fighters
+ 1 Orodoso Frigate
+ 2 BenBacon Light Assault Carriers
+ Basic mining base

Under Construction:
- 1 Endurious Gunship (on hold)
- 1 Atmospheric Battleship- Can go in and out of atmospheric planets
[>Back<]

Last edited:

Sozin

Dog Emperor
Jul 9, 2016
I do not believe i uploaded this here before:
Hyper-velocity cannon (wunderwaffe)
Railgun.png
Stats (for role-play purposes, doesn't actually work in-game)

- Damage (treating pip machine gun as 1 damage per shot): >1600 per shot
For reference - HE cannon deals 80 ~damage/shot
- Muzzle velocity: something > Mach 7
- Reload speed ~ >2x HE cannon, ~> Cruise missile
- Penetration (let's say conservatively 20 blocks - this *is* a kinetic penetrator going at mach 7)
- Small AOE (let's say starting in a 5 block diameter and tapering to 1 at 20 block endpoint)
- Turret rotation speed -> rotation speed of mount - can be either slow, or megaton speed.
- Ammo - physical blocks: either GSO wireless charger or Venture shield bubble
- Accuracy - inaccurate -> let's say 2 km is 75% accurate, 4 km 50% accurate, 6 km 25% accurate, 1% accuracy at 8km

ASSUMING:
firing blocks does damage proportional linearly or exponentially to energy of projectile, and that firing stuff would hit and not phase through (thanks unity)
HE cannon does 80 damage w/ explosive projectile smaller than a wireless charger. Travels ~100 m/s
Assuming mass of wireless charger = mass of HE projectile:
firing velocity of GSO wireless charger ~2k+ m/s last i checked (might have been slightly different design or angle, so majorly different numbers possible)
= 20x velocity of HE cannon ==> given mass is prolly similar, and wholly insignificant in the face of such numbers, damage done by this railgun is >1600 per shot
Probably also has splash damage - no idea what radius hawkeye's is, but let's call this anywhere from half ==> double given it's primarily a kinetic penetrator

Maximum health of any block < 600
==> theoretically, one shot can insta-destroy any blocks caught within blast radius of impact zone (healing bubbles might be able to repair stuff about to explode - seems to happen often, depends on if stuff detaches or not), not even accounting for penetration factor
Reload time = reload time of cruise missiles

Huzzah for fake physics

Last edited:
Reactions: Legionite

Legionite

taking a break from TAC Pack
May 20, 2017
[TAC HQ R&D]
forum.terratechgame.com
Sabatoge!

Battle Begins:

Lone Bandit moves to bridge of Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3
Lone Bandit is hijacking Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3!
Medium Dock is on high alert, but no weapons on the Tech were found- Cannot attack target!
GSO Shoreline defenses are unresponsive- Too much Kiwi jamming signals...

Lone Bandit is now in control of the Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3!
Hostile Unknown Prototype Artillery is aimed at the Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3!
Hostile Unknown Prototype Artillery Fires!

Hostile Unknown Prototype Artillery's rounds are flying through the sky, ETA:0 Turns
Hostile Unknown Prototype Artillery's rounds hit Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3!
Shield failure- No power available
Armor failure- GSO Armor plating "bypassed"
Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3 Has taken critical battery damage!

Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3 moves to Medium Dock Control Center
Error: Collision path

Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3 Collides with Medium Dock, causing catastrophic damage!
Medium Dock lost 3 GEO "Big Ones", and 2 GEO Large Shock Platings!

Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3's batteries are going to combust! ETA: 1 Turn

Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3's batteries are going to combust! ETA: 0 Turns
Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3's batteries Exploded!
Fleet Energy Tanker Prototype 2.3 was completely obliterated by the explosion!
Medium Dock took brutal explosive damage!: Explosive Battery damage hits
67x GEO Corp Batteries

Medium Dock has taken extreme amounts of damage and is need of repair!

Battle End

Loot:
350+ HK Armor Blocks
20+ GSO Armor Plating

Last edited:

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Jan 15, 2017
Gulag
I have a lack of assignments right now

Any techs or anything you would like me to do/build?