[Switch][1.0.2] Particles on certain blocks not despawning.

RyokuHasu

Game version: 1.0.2

Platform: Switch

Frequency: most of the time

Game Mode: Campaign and Creative

Description:
Smoke particles on machines that produce them sometimes don't despawn causing them to stack up creating a thick bold black mass that severely impacts frame rate.

The particles are picked up with the machine and reappear if you place the machine down again.

After automating some mining and refining for 2 hours the smoke from the refinery made the game pretty much frozen and unplayable.

Steps to reproduce: use refineries often

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Interesting if this is more problematic on Switch; it's an old, neglected, problem on PC - the animation state of crafting blocks (and SCUs) glitches like that when you unload a tech that's animating. e.g. when you leave the area while a refinery is processing, or send the tech to inventory. I didn't think that simply picking up the block caused it, though. So that might be a difference.

This bug would be one of my top 5 to fix, currently (if I'd made that suggestion post yet).

RyokuHasu

Thanks for looking into it. I never noticed it on PC but it's a lot more noticeable on switch where you have far less graphical processing power.