Survival Mode

Would this be a good mode as an alternative to story mode?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too many modifications (Specify what needs to go)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gayvid`

Yes, I'm a well-known member
Sep 12, 2015
This idea is literally a Ticking Box and an Enemy Spawn Rate Slider that you can't use if it is your first game. These extra features are located in the "Create a World Menu". If you don't tick it, everything is normal, missions and all. If you tick it, a heap of things are modified.

This is the list of everything that is modified:

-You get every component you would supposedly get throughout a normal game right at the start.

-In the beginning, you will have a 5 minute grace period before your destiny begins.

-Enemy block health and size are 1.5x as beefier.

-You will have no missions and your goal is to survive while getting flooded with enemies. (Depending on what you put for your Enemy Spawn Rate Slider)

-You start with a slightly bigger tech and with 10,000BB.

-You have to discover blocks to progress like the old-school Terratech.

-Trading stations are heavily guarded by enemies and everything is more expensive, but payload terminals still have infinite stock.

-Invaders spawn in every biome and in the ones that they normally spawn in have an increased spawn rate of them.

-Enemies will have an increased range in where they can see you from further distances.

-Supplies drop for every 2 enemies killed.

Last edited:

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
This idea is literally a Ticking Box and an Enemy Spawn Rate Slider that you can't use if it is your first game. These extra features are located in the "Create a World Menu". If you don't tick it, everything is normal, missions and all. If you tick it, a heap of things are modified.

This is the list of everything that is modified:

-You get every component you would supposedly get throughout a normal game right at the start.

-In the beginning, you will have a 5 minute grace period before your destiny begins.

-Enemy block health and size are 1.5x as beefier.

-You will have no missions and your goal is to survive while getting flooded with enemies.(Depending on what you put for your Enemy Spawn Rate Slider)

-You start with a slightly bigger tech and with 10,000BB.

-You have to discover blocks to progress like the old-school Terratech.

-Trading stations are heavily guarded by enemies and everything is more expensive, but payload terminals still have infinite stock.

-Invaders spawn in every biome and in the ones that they normally spawn in have an increased spawn rate of them.

-Enemies will have an increased range in where they can see you from further distances.
I like this! 'Swarm Mode'.

Reactions: Gayvid`

Lost Ninja

Jul 17, 2015
Yorkshire Dales under a rock.
I voted modified because: More options.
  • Weapons:
    • All of the individual categories below have these in... just didn't want to write them out over and over.
      • On/Off
      • % Tracking Speed
      • % Reload Speed
      • % Damage
      • % damage to shields
      • % damage to blocks
      • Ignore shields
      • Can player use?
      • Can enemy use? (Rather than physically remove them weight enemies to be less likely to spawn and the physical projectile does no damage/impact if one is spawned in.)
      • Reload Speed
      • Range of auto-targeting (I'd say that it cannot be totally be disabled but perhaps that too.)
    • Missiles
      • Missiles do much reduced damage but have a much increased impact force (lots of knock back).
    • Cannons (Bigger guns megaton and up.)
      • Shells do much reduced damage but have a much increased impact force (lots of knock back).
    • Kinetic Energy Weapons (Everything that throws a slug that isn't mentioned elsewhere.)
      • Increased Range or Reduced Drop
    • Lasers (all lasers + HE Railgun)
      • On/Off (Separate option for railgun)
      • Shields reflect (do damage to whatever fired the laser)
      • Railgun Penetration
    • Shotguns
      • Amount of projectiles fired
      • Spread.
      • Slug/Snail/Pellets ;) (Slug would make the gun high knockback/damage but without the cone/tracking not as likely to hit.)
  • Shields
    • Players On/Off
    • Enemies On/Off
    • Strength slider how much damage do they stop per energy spent.
    • Size slider.
    • Deploy Speed.
  • Regen
    • Same as shields but in separate category so you could potentially have no shields but keep regen etc.
  • Attachment Points
    • Sliders to make attachment points either stronger (blocks stick together longer when taking damage) or weaker (blocks more likely to fall off before taking critical damage).
  • General Blocks (on techs)
    • Health slider, changes how much HP each block has by fixed amount doesn't change overall when they fall off.
    • Damage effects, which types of damage do blocks what sort of damage. For instance could make melee always knock blocks off while missiles would only kill blocks not knock them off.
    • Infinite health blocks but that fall off normally (or as defined above) - When techs die you get all of the blocks that they're made of.
    • Zero health blocks as above but once a block falls off a tech it dies. (Remove Tech drops altogether.)
  • Corps
    • Trading Slider per corp that indicates what % they pay for resources sold via their Resource Cannons.
    • XP Slider per corp to set how much XP above or below normal their missions attract.
    • Option to disable:
      • Each Corp
      • Corp Specific Spawns (techs that are set as GeoCorp or GSO only) even if they contain block from other corps could be prevented from spawning.
    • Infinite Health/Zero Health by Corp eg can set GC blocks to always drop but HE to never drop.
  • Invaders (I'm probably going to repeat some of the OP's ideas here, we think alike it appears...) ;)
    • Overall Frequency
    • Multiple Invaders On/Off
    • Spawning by Biome On/Off
    • Safe zone around anchored bases slider (with a Biome selection too so could make some biomes safer and others less safe).
    • Removal of Safe zones by Biome. ((Safe Zones in regard to Invaders not normal enemies.))
    • Invader rewards sliders (XP, Cash & Loot Boxes).
    • Slider for % of player tech value that the Invader matches for (how the current spawning rule works for them) so increase this to get bigger invaders decrease for smaller.
    • Safe Period Slider - How long before the first Invader can Spawn.
    • How much area they guard slider.
    • Hunter Type Invader On/Off (Hunter type being one that will follow you until one of you is dead (including TPing closer to you if you get too far away).
    • Repair OOC (Invaders will regenerate broken/blown off parts while it isn't actively attacking/being attacked).
    • Battery refill rate. Batteries would refill at this rate when OOC (or optionally while in combat) (Infinite Shields).
    • Preferred Range - Governs not only the weighting for which Invader Spawns but at what range it will try to engage at. Melee, Medium, Long or Default.
    • Percentage over/under other options (in the other adjustment categories) to set Invaders at. So for instance if you have already set the shield size to tiny (in shields category) you could reverse the change for invaders (toggle option to ignore setting) or increase their shield size separately.
    • Enable/Disable Fixed emplacement Invaders (Invasion Bases) from spawning. (We used to get lots of these and they were often much harder than the mobile bases (even when they didn't hide all their power generation under ground.)
TBC...

Lost Ninja

Jul 17, 2015
Part 2 (Because with spaces I had around 12k characters.)
  • Power options:
    • Batteries
      • Fill Amount
      • Speed they can charge/discharge.
      • Passive generation, Player and/or Enemy.
    • Solar Panels
      • Generation Amount
      • Deploy Time
      • Deploy all at once or one at a time.
    • Wireless
      • On/Off (If off they'd just be cosmetic.)
      • Range.
      • Target (Can set to target Enemies/NPCs, which could make harvesting Invaders more interesting (keep their regen running to enable more parts to survive being knocked off).
    • Generators
      • How much energy % of normal does each unit of fuel make.
      • What fuels are allowed.
      • Generators On/Off)
  • Boosters/Jets (anything that uses fuel).
    • On/Off (with setting for fuel tanks and actual jets). When Off they would be explosive as normal but they wouldn't provide/use fuel.
    • Regeneration Rate of Fuel Cans (Including the base amount in the cab.)
    • How much fuel is used per tick/sec.
    • Explosive & How much damage above/below they do when exploding + Friendly fire on/off.
  • Turbines/Props (speed boosts that don't use fuel).
    • On/Off (when off they'd be cosmetic but provide no benefit).
    • How much the boost by.
    • Can be used in air? (Ground Only, Air Only, Both).
  • General Game Options
    • Day Night Cycle
      • Day Length
      • Night length
      • % of each for dusk/dawn
      • Cycle on/off
    • Rewards for killing enemies.
      • Type of reward
        • XP (and how it is derived)
        • Cash.
        • Loot boxes for kill amounts.
      • Bonuses for kill streaks. + Length of streak and amount of time between kills (etc).
      • Rewards for numbers of kills.
    • Rewards for destroying the landscape.
      • As above.
    • Resource Node Regeneration
      • Speed of regneration
      • What regenerates. (Crystals, Trees, Empty Rocks, Ore bearing Rocks, Ore Nodes).
      • Turn off rock damage (no mining)
      • Killer resources (resource nodes deal damage when mined).
    • Resources
      • % of normal amount of drops/resource.
      • Speed of autominer
      • Decay rate of resources (how long before the despawn when on ground in an area with you nearby, they follow normal rules outside of that).
    • Licenses (perhaps handled under Corps but as an overall rule)
      • % of normal amount of XP needed per tier.
      • Progression curve. (500, 4900, 15000) or (500, 1000, 1500,) etc.
      • Start with what level of tier (per corp).
      • How to unlock new corps.

Lost Ninja

Jul 17, 2015
And Part 3
  • Factories
    • Anchoring required? (If no then all factory blocks can be used mobile, if yes it's the default behaviour. Separate option to force Venture to anchor).
    • Pacemaker/Speed of Crafting system. (PM)
      • Pacemaker On/Off
        • If on what preset speeds.
      • Set default speed of crafting system (like permanent PM) If the speed is increased over default is the PM allowed as well?
      • Is conveyor only governed by the PM or overall crafting speed, or by both/neither.
    • Increased Output - Chance of fabrication machines (refinery, autominer, fabs, CFs, etc) producing more than 1 output per input (autominer X/activation), could also weight/decide if that would be for all outputs (resources/blocks), just one type (which would be under resources too) or if simple blocks like armour and structure type blocks could get doubled crafting whereas guns/missiles wouldn't.
    • Increased Input
      • Refineries require/use power.
      • Component Factories (CF) recipe requirement % +/- default.
      • As for CF but for Fabs
      • Easy/Normal/Hard/Random Recipes (Random would randomise within the tier which ore/component an item would need, difficulty would indicate how many of each item is needed.)
    • Scrapping
      • On/Off obviously.
      • Output %
      • Can scrap known/unknown blocks (basically if you have crafted a block you (player you) know what went into it so your skill is likely to get more/better output from block scrapped. Reducing output from blocks you haven't or cannot make.
      • Scrapper Pickup Range
      • Priority over SCUs (currently SCUs have priority).
    • SCU
      • When unlocked/purchased.
      • On/Off (separate from inventory).
      • Per Corp type? (If off each SCU only picks up corp specific (+EXP/SPE) blocks.)
      • Pickup range.
      • Works anchored/un-anchored (if working un-achored they can be placed on moving techs and still suck up parts (I'd have this on all the time), if not then venture would still work unachored (as is because it has no anchor on the block)).
  • Inventory
    • On/Off - Back to the dim old days of early beta when there was no inventory or SCU
    • SCU Accepts Resources directly. (Should do anyway IMO.)
    • Limited storage/Amount.
    • When/How acquired. Do you start off with it or must you find do something to unlock it. (You can edit the save to give it as soon as you start a campaign.)
    • Add power/cash/XP requirement to use it? (Oh that could be fun.)
    • On/Off storing vehicles (not that actual snapshot feature).
    • Buy missing blocks when known and spawning a tech.
    • Sell blocks (either directly from the inventory screen or via TP).
    • If resource can be stored directly can they be sold from Inventory directly, or converted into Resource blocks.
  • Trading Post/Terminals
    • Map fequency (how often any TP appears on the map)
    • Corp Specific TP (if yes will only sell blocks of that corp). If map frequency is changed what % are not normal TP?
    • Stock amount %
    • Any infinite items? If off no blocks would be infinite, on would have current behaviour.
    • Chance for locked blocks to spawn. (Method for unlocking things would make finding TP exciting especially if you have missions switched off.)
    • Stock refresh? New Day, Once a week, Never, etc
    • Price premium based on Corp tier. (If trading with a corp you have high reputation with how much, if any, of a discount would you get?)
    • Terminals have infinite stock? If off how often does the stock refresh?
    • Can terminals drop before they're unlocked? If no what happens to the block? Does it die or just not function (and how do you explain that to a player (eg message in game, no stock in shop, what?)).
    • Can you buy SPE/EXP blocks from TP/Terminal and at what rate. (So you can make the blocks more/less common and set price %. (Currently far too uncommon in Campaign.)

Lost Ninja

Jul 17, 2015
Part 4: (seriously, 5k character limit and repost time delay do you not want us to post novel length suggestions?) @Jamie

All specifically mentioned features can (even if not explicitly stated) can be switched off/on, blocks turned off would either not drop (die as soon as they become detached) but still appear on enemy techs, appear and drop but have no function or something else that allows them to appear on enemy population techs but not work for the player/enemy.

I'm being especially arbitrary for the weapons as I don't use them all so don't have much of a feeling for some of them (I only just started using the HE Battleship cannon), Basically Cannons all have trajectory firing and fire explosive shells, MGs are arc fire but not HE, lasers are everything that has no appreciable arc/trajectory (think rail guns do but it's really low) and Missiles are all the guided/homing weapons that fires a specific missile/bomb... so the EXP Bomb is a missile by my definition, whereas the mortars which fire shells that home somewhat are cannons not Missiles...

% Is based on the current live values and is basically a difficulty slider.

Not done options for missions not because I don't have any but this is already a WOT and if well received I can always add it later...

Been thinking of writing a post like this for a bit but the OP got there first, not sure if this is what they had in mind but I see it as a way to massively customise the play experience. In such a way that every play can be (if you want) totally different and be able to do it without using self imposed (and consequently easily broken) rules. I very much doubt that we'll get anything like my list short of a modding system as I suspect a lot of it would require quite significant code changes, but I figured I'd throw it out anyway... never know TT 2.0 might do this.

Gayvid`

Sep 12, 2015
Everything should just be optional and customizable, that way people can turn whatever they want off and on in a submenu of the "create a new world" menu (Including what I put down).

Reactions: JimmyBlether

Gayvid`

Sep 12, 2015
Note: There is a change to the idea (added modifier), (A supply drop spawns per 2 enemies killed).

Reactions: JimmyBlether

Deutsche Würfel

I look good in this dress.
Jun 19, 2017
Well, if Jamie's comments are anything to go by, other than some bug fixes and optimisation, this game is finished now. No differnece between 1.0, and what we've got now except a bit of polish. so it looks like you're SOL here.

Gayvid`

Sep 12, 2015
Well, if Jamie's comments are anything to go by, other than some bug fixes and optimization, this game is finished now. No difference between 1.0, and what we've got now except a bit of polish. so it looks like you're SOL here.
To be for real, what you're saying really makes no sense. A game can't be finished and then discontinued, no matter what the game is, there is always room for improvement. You really should have read more about after 1.0 cause after 1.0 the devs will add heaps more stuff. Why? Because everything on their "things to do list" would be done. Until then the devs will start to add more stuff from suggestions. The devs are collecting ideas from the community on what to add. If a suggestion is good enough, the devs will probably do it after 1.0. The devs aren't slack and actually listen to their community. Be updated before you say something like that. Maybe you should recognize that you're the ONLY ONE right now who seems to simply give criticism, that doesn't help. If someone doesn't like an idea, they usually give constructive criticism, something that you need to practice. I love constructive criticism, cause it's helpful, not what you say.

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
Hey Both, please try to be friendly with each other, we're all just here to talk about the game. Criticism and suggestions are welcome.

You're both right, yes 1.0 is approaching and naturally, we've locked down new additions for a time and focused on optimisations and stability leading up to that.

But also, yes, we're continuing with new content and features beyond 1.0. Suggestions made in this thread will not be added to 1.0, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't come further down the line. 1.0 isn't the end.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
One simple option is to make enemies' blocks not just fall off after taking some damage, instead needing to be destroyed, to make them more even with the player's techs.

Deutsche Würfel

I look good in this dress.
Jun 19, 2017
Hey Both, please try to be friendly with each other, we're all just here to talk about the game. Criticism and suggestions are welcome.

You're both right, yes 1.0 is approaching and naturally, we've locked down new additions for a time and focused on optimisations and stability leading up to that.

But also, yes, we're continuing with new content and features beyond 1.0. Suggestions made in this thread will not be added to 1.0, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't come further down the line. 1.0 isn't the end.
When? because 'we are going to do this some point after 1.0, if we don'r run out of money, or it's not too hard.' is just pie in the sky. What is the difference between calling it 1.0, and calling it 0.8.9? At least with 1.0 you had a concrete date. But where's the mod support? where's the keybinding for individual blocks or whatever? wheres the working AI? where's the point to the game? where's the map? etc.
IS AI going to be 1.1? When is 1.1 projected to be released by? When is the UI update slated for? etc.
Because the only companies that maintain serious support after 1.0 are the like of Larian, and that's because they were wildly successful and had the money.
I don't want to bum you out, but this sort of thing is what we hear on steam all the time, from companies going down the tubes. and they just keep spinning the news until the creditors take the laptops away.

So, can you reassure us? Can you tell us anything that those bad devs would not tell us, that might make us beleive you?