Super Blocks

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
The ability to temporarily define an entire tech as a block.
so you can add it to another tech.

This way, you can build modular parts, and use them to build techs.

Or just build really big units.
Build a huge unit by building a smaller unit. Duplicate the smaller part. weld them together.

Save as big unit.

Even if this was only available in 'design mode' it would be handy.

Asrael

Boxed Game Backer
Aug 17, 2014
Germany
So, you mean, that you design something like a "standard chassis" where you will add a pre-designed weaponset, or harvestset or whatever you like?

I like that Idea!

Reactions: Coder

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
So, you mean, that you design something like a "standard chassis" where you will add a pre-designed weaponset, or harvestset or whatever you like?

I like that Idea!
That too.

Though, you could do that now, by saving a snapshot of a chassis without weapons, buying it, and adding weapons later.

I was thinking mainly so you could build big things easily.
but your idea works as well :)

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
That too.

Though, you could do that now, by saving a snapshot of a chassis without weapons, buying it, and adding weapons later.

I was thinking mainly so you could build big things easily.
but your idea works as well :)
Sounds like you are wanting to make limit breaking multi techs. That is what I have been doing too. I just need the snapshots to work better, and I read today that they are fixed.
This super block idea of yours would really help me do that.:)

Reactions: Coder and Jamie

Admiral Naismith

Jun 20, 2015
This actually sounds really good to me - could also work to attach a small tech to a larger one (a small helicopter that can be detached from a larger mobile base/harvester or something like that). In fact, rather than the current explosion of parts that happens when you uproot something, maybe just that part that got disconnected should come off, leaving the other interconnected parts intact. I think this has already been mentioned as difficult to do though, but it would be good to have.

Entropy

Jun 18, 2015
I would really like something like this. Then we could make multitechs much more easily.

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
This actually sounds really good to me - could also work to attach a small tech to a larger one (a small helicopter that can be detached from a larger mobile base/harvester or something like that). In fact, rather than the current explosion of parts that happens when you uproot something, maybe just that part that got disconnected should come off, leaving the other interconnected parts intact. I think this has already been mentioned as difficult to do though, but it would be good to have.
There's been strong talk from Russ about wanting a linking block to do exactly this.
So there's a good chance it'll happen.
The links would also allow you to build road trains.

KySoto

Jun 20, 2015
if you do the de-linking idea, maybe have a splode button to pop all the parts on a tech into pieces to quickly deconstruct

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
[QUOTE" Admiral Naismith, post: 9852, member: 1975"]This actually sounds really good to me - could also work to attach a small tech to a larger one (a small helicopter that can be detached from a larger mobile base/harvester or something like that). In fact, rather than the current explosion of parts that happens when you uproot something, maybe just that part that got disconnected should come off, leaving the other interconnected parts intact. I think this has already been mentioned as difficult to do though, but it would be good to have.[/QUOTE]
And your solution is a ::::: ANCHOR BLOCK! Yup. make them anchorable on tech. that way we could build massive turret tech with rorating anchor and attach it to our massive tank. it would work same like it would on ground, except it wont be really "anchored to ground" . thus we could make modules cuz of that. Also I saw the grab an whole tech tread. would come in handy. ;)