Suggestions that could be included in upcoming update including: AI rework and anti-lag

minimic2002

Sep 13, 2020
When using any kind of AI with flight, they completely break. They cant cope with hovering or flying at all.
Even if they can manage to take off usually they crash into pretty much everything and never think to fly higher than the trees or mountains in its way.

With hitting into objects the same goes for on land. I can make a small tech that can easily go around a tree or rock, and it will drive straight into it at full speed. They need pathfinding for both in air and on land.

I get it that the AI has currently been reduced down to a basic follower while the terratech team is developing them further. But with the state they are in at the moment they may as well have removed unanchored AIs until they are actually functional. As they are now they are pointless. They cant look where they are going. They cant carry out tasks, they have no real combat strategies (I can give them a rail gun and they will try to drive right up to the enemy and its a long ranged gun!).

With the upcoming AI rework I hope the following featured could be considered:

Basic AIs
1.AI pathfinding
2.AI carry out repeated tasks. E.g mine rocks then return to a certain tech and repeat (Settings For when to return and deposit everything, e.g when 100% full return, they will need time to deposit everything they have collected)
3.AI travel groups -- Allows AIs to travel in groups to stay safe

Advanced AI should have improved ability:
1.Automatically anchor to recharge batteries
2.Anchor onto ore nodes if allowed to.
3.Flying / Hover AI fixes
4.AI distance from enemy based on equipped guns -- No need for point blank with a rail gun or missile, and long ranged saw wont work

Things to consider outside of the AI rework:
1.Better storage, Silos and receivers still render objects into the game and it causes a ton of lag. -- We could do with some sort of tanker that will render them out of the game until they are needed.

2.Parts from destroyed techs should de-spawn after a set time to reduce lag, same for resources and parts. -- They do not contribute to Part count and create lag when there is a lot of them. (Or A world clean-up button to remove lose parts and resources)

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Aug 15, 2018
Somewhere in Seattle Washington.
Things to consider outside of the AI rework:
1.Better storage, Silos and receivers still render objects into the game and it causes a ton of lag. -- We could do with some sort of tanker that will render them out of the game until they are needed.
Perhaps a control ring setting on the silos to render as a Shroud skin.
2.Parts from destroyed techs should de-spawn after a set time to reduce lag, same for resources and parts. -- They do not contribute to Part count and create lag when there is a lot of them. (Or A world clean-up button to remove lose parts and resources)
Or, just remove loose blocks (unanchored / uncontrolled) when you move out of draw range.

Also;
Include Component Tier levels to the "category" option of the filter block. for a total of 7 options. (refined, unrefined, Fuel, Component (0, 1, 2, 3,).
Add Wedge for include/exclude switch to filter.

minimic2002

Sep 13, 2020
Perhaps a control ring setting on the silos to render as a Shroud skin.

Or, just remove loose blocks (unanchored / uncontrolled) when you move out of draw range.

Also;
Include Component Tier levels to the "category" option of the filter block. for a total of 7 options. (refined, unrefined, Fuel, Component (0, 1, 2, 3,).
Add Wedge for include/exclude switch to filter.
Ive seen games like ark survival use a wheel for communicating with AIs, its a great idea but they are supposed to move on their own. Its a great idea but it would still mean that AIs would need high player input. Perhaps to change their task it would work but not for each command.