Suggestions for building in R&D

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
Hi!
Iv'e run out of ideas of things to build. That is why I want you to suggest something for me to build. Rules are the following:
  • It must possible to make in the R&D test chamber.
  • It must be possible to save in one file.
Those are the two rules you must follow to post a build suggestion. If you do follow the rules, then post on! I hope to see your ideas!

Andre Salvador Rainha

Sep 21, 2015
Portugal
welp... some ideas out of the blue.
Non conveior related:
Geocorp flying techs (just cause)
Random animals techified
A car that runs sideways
A boomcake
A TOW missile (kamikaze techs)
A blender
Conveior related:
An Eifel tower able to process resources

Time to work :p
Cheers

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
welp... some ideas out of the blue.
Non conveior related:
Geocorp flying techs (just cause)
Random animals techified
A car that runs sideways
A boomcake
A TOW missile (kamikaze techs)
A blender
Conveior related:
An Eifel tower able to process resources

Time to work :p
Cheers
Blender sounds fun! I'm going to start with that one!

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I really should get back to that maze and finish the rest of it now that I have the full idea figured out.

When it is finished I will post it for all to try. It will not be as easy this next time. I found my mistake.

Have a good one

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
Make a pogo stick tech that uses the weird physics of sideways wheels.

Make a plane with a trailer. Either a trailer that flies behind it, or a trailer that hangs under it and can be landed on. Bonus points if you do the latter.

Make an arm with moving joints using bracket hinges and thrusters.

Rocket League was by MNSweet, btw. @Chrii_the_Vieh

Reactions: Chrii_the_Vieh

DaEliteTerraTech

Mar 17, 2016
Make a pogo stick tech that uses the weird physics of sideways wheels.

Make a plane with a trailer. Either a trailer that flies behind it, or a trailer that hangs under it and can be landed on. Bonus points if you do the latter.

Make an arm with moving joints using bracket hinges and thrusters.

Rocket League was by MNSweet, btw. @Chrii_the_Vieh
I'm going with the trailer and plane. Probably will have a trailer that flies behind the tech.

DaEliteTerraTech

Mar 17, 2016
You know, the trailer and plane might actually have practical use in Story mode, given I can just take down a tech using a battle tech, switch to my plane and trailer, fly to it, then pack it up and leave for my base. Or I'll use my battle tech as a trailer too.

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
You know, the trailer and plane might actually have practical use in Story mode, given I can just take down a tech using a battle tech, switch to my plane and trailer, fly to it, then pack it up and leave for my base. Or I'll use my battle tech as a trailer too.
Yea, definitely has a practical use. You can grab blocks, put them on the trailer, and then detach the trailer at your base to store them. Or you can attach an attack tech to the back and detach it to attack an invader or base you found somewhere. You could even use it to get resources if you use the venture pads.

If it attaches to your tech and doesn't mess up the flight, it is fine. It gives you a multi-function plane without having to build the functions into the plane itself.

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
Yea, definitely has a practical use. You can grab blocks, put them on the trailer, and then detach the trailer at your base to store them. Or you can attach an attack tech to the back and detach it to attack an invader or base you found somewhere. You could even use it to get resources if you use the venture pads.

If it attaches to your tech and doesn't mess up the flight, it is fine. It gives you a multi-function plane without having to build the functions into the plane itself.
Now this sounds like we need beefed up wings with a massive carrying capacity, cargobays, parachutes and bombs. (The game just became ksp with mods)