Suggestions after launch

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Matt, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hey Everyone,

This thread is just to say that just because the game is officially launching this week doesn't mean we're closing off suggestions for TerraTech.

We've found this board to be a great place for design, features and general suggestions and our goal for the foreseeable future is to keep updating the game with awesome new content.

So basically, keep 'em comin'!

Cheers,
    Matt

2. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

3. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

So this board will work in exactly the same way. If you know you're posting a suggestion that's already been put forward it's likely we've already seen it so it would most likely be a waste of time.

DrShadox likes this.
  4. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

If anything, can we have a road map of the game post 1.0? It would be nice to see where this game will be going.

5. the.nihilist

the.nihilist Semiprofessional Idler

A brief roadmap definitely would be great and it would be very nice to have a better overview about suggestions that are already in the book.

Especially on things that are already in the book, maybe we can have more focussed brainstormings about some general ideas that lack depth yet. Lots of minds here that can be riddled. :D

6. elfdrow

elfdrow Well-Known Member

after hearing this... I love you @Matt
    tell everyone in the studio to keep up the good work (n_n)b

Lord Zarnox and Matt like this.
  7. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Flying AI
    Fixed Crafting
    Multi-player Campaign
    Water / Jungle , etc Biomes
    Better Future , Reticule Research , etc Corporations

8. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Yeah about the post above , still planned to add :
    -Reticule Research Corp
    -Space Junkers (corp)
    -Legion (corp)

?

If someone want to know where i know these corp , check steam card of TerraTech.

Galrex likes this.
  9. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm not in particular putting too much hope in MP campaign as for now, but I do hope it will come true. And one big YES to upcoming Corps :D:D:D. I also heard there are floating isles coming into TT soon(?).

My suggestion: TerraTech Community Core Stream (either live but pls save it or post-edited)

10. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Yes! We're looking to get a road map published later this week. Stay tuned.

Thanks,
    Matt

11. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Another perfect example of why this is crucial provided by @Anton During Wednesday's Stream:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObedientSillySheepJebaited

Original video @ https://www.twitch.tv/terratechgame/video/294663941 Time index 51m00s - 52m 00s

12. crAzy_nInjA_81

I'm on the console version (ps4). with the crafting allowance bar at the top, can a way be added where you can select a section of the allowance bar and then send the corresponding tech to your inventory? or also the option to take control of it if possible?

Matt likes this.
  13. 0rbita1D00m

0rbita1D00m New Member

Some block ideas I have are
    • Sonar: Geo Corp anchored radar that shows ore veins
    • Radio: shares radar signals between nearby techs

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  14. WEEBOO

WEEBOO Well-Known Member

I want spidy legs plzzz

15. THELAWhaha

THELAWhaha Member

so i have been fallowing this game on youtube for a wile and when console was released i bought it. i do have one sugestion that i feel would make this game stick out far more. that is to have each indivisual part that moves be able to be button mapped allowing for more creative builds. this will also allow the flight controls to be completely removed. for example -1 a quadcopter could have the right stick be thrust wile the left stick to be able to controle the craft using only the 4 blades. example-2 using a tank, you could map the left stick to the left treads and the right stick to the right treads.

wile this is allot to ask and will require allot of work as it will be completlely changing the mechanics, this will open way more doors and bring more people to the gmae who just want to build and be creative

also allowing for there to be multiple items mapped to one button
    in addtion, having the sticks/triggers on console be able to controle the thrust of any perpeller/rocket/wheel would be a great addtion as well

#15 THELAWhaha, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    AstraTheDragon likes this.
  16. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Reliable Scrapper

I've read the The Future of TerraTech post on the Steam community. However, on that entire list, there's only one part that gets me excited: "New mission and event types".

As talked about in the recent Serious expansion of gameplay story suggestion topic, TerraTech desperately needs an expansion of missions or set things to do. As it was pointed out, a corporation can be maxed out in less than 8 hours. After very little gameplay, all corporations can be maxed out. Then, what are players left doing? Killing each other or competing in multiplayer? And, after a while, missions like "kill everything" or "run the race track to get a good time" feel repetitive.

Please, consider adding a bit of new life into TerraTech by adding more missions, expanding on the story and/or adding a new gimmick, such as rare alien ruins that we can find by exploring all the different biomes. IMO, one of the areas in which TerraTech is weak is in replay value.

On a related subject: Recently, I was seriously tempted to purchase a certain popular sandbox-type game. But I finally decided against it because it has no missions or real story. It is almost pure sandbox. There was no mention of missions or story in talk of future features, either. But, if it had missions and/or a story, I would have definitely purchased it without hesitation.

Sokolov, Matt and AstraTheDragon like this.
  17. Legionite

Legionite Airborne AI Assembler