Suggestions about the hover power controller

xXThunderFlameXx

Aircraft Enthusiast
If you're like me and have most of the builds centered around hoverbug or just hovers in general you'd find that this block is one of the most valuable assets, if allows for the "precise" control in hover power and the ability of completely turn them off, while it does go a long way in stabilizing hoverbug builds, I still find it lackluster in some larger and some smaller aspects.

First off, the slider itself is not precise enough, the mere option of having a slider alone, with no numerical representation of the power the hovers have becomes irritating when you're finishing off a build and you need to find the sweet spot where the tech is neutrally buoyant, meaning that even the slightest movement will offset it enough to slowly ascend or descend, most of the times leaving no middle ground.

My first suggestion is adding a number that we can edit to the slider for more precise adjustments, maybe as far as having 2 decimals? Maybe?
Imagine the slider you have on the LME or heli blades, would be great if that was also controllable as the slider to be fair, but that's for another day.

(definitely not flexing my Photoshop, and I know the text looks atrocious, I kind of got rusty at it)
1.png

Another thing that is annoying, which came along with the new UI is the slider "jumping" to the left when you drag it, it throws off any precision and makes adjustment even harder than it has to be, also it overlaps the minus at the minimal option so you might want to take a look at that too.

Second suggestion is making the blue ring dim out or go completely black then you turn off the hovers, while normally you'd be able to tell from the hover itself not emitting the effect, if it's inside a tech then it will be harder to tell, you could use the other controller but no point in having it do something that the slider should.
2.png

Lastly, this might be a bit of a nitpick, the ring should also change to red when you apply the other paint scheme along with all elements which remain blue, that might not work for ALL blocks tough so it might need a bit of consultation beforehand.
3.png

Zonko

Also, if the hover slider could be attached to a key, that would be good.
It's annoying to adjust it on the fly.

Falchoin

Regarding lift, you can set the hover power controller to minimum power then use the throttle lift setting assuming you have LMEs or some other throttle giving block. The lift throttle overrides the hover power controller setting.

That said, more accuracy would be great in the slider.

Last edited:

Zonko

Regarding lift, you can set the hover power controller to minimum power then use the throttle lift setting assuming you have LMEs or some other throttle giving block. The lift throttle overrides the hover power controller setting.

That said, more accuracy would be great in the slider.
Did not know that.
Thanks.