Suggestion: The potential return of Big Tony, and story to go along with it.

TreeTech

A Tree
Feb 12, 2020
So, while there was a post like this before, it really didn't get nowhere. Thus, me reigniting the idea. Now, everything you will see will happen after the return of Big Tony.

so the story goes like this: After the player has defeated Return of big tony, they'll just continue on their way going through the missions after, until they get a new one titled: "An Old Enemy." This will be a GSO Grade 3 Mission, and it will take place by a factory in the grasslands. Agent Pow will brief you on the mission, the dialog is as follows(but its really up to the devs so just use this as a reference): Agent Pow: Who's there?! Oh, its just you... (Darn Rookie keeps scaring me)
Alright, you have a new mission, command wants you to go investigate an old GSO Factory that has that been reactivated after it got shut down over a year ago. We must know why this has happened, for there have been rumors of a defector in the ranks... Go and find out whats going on, and good luck! ( You'll need it kid...)

The player then heads to where the ? bubble is situated on the map, a big abandoned factory where it has been marked. They player heads inside, and has to face off against the machinery in the building that Tony has rebuilt and reprogrammed to be traps. Once the player finds the chargers keeping all the traps online and destroys it, they can be destroyed (or shut down depending on the devs point of view). After clearing out the traps the player heads to the next section of the factory, where Tony's minions are being built. The player will have to destroy the bases producing parts for the minions, while avoiding the ones already built guarding the area. Once both are dealt with accordingly, the player heads to the final section, where Tony awaits. Except this time, he's not doing the fighting. Instead, He has a new Tech in place of him, While Tony sits on top of a ledge overlooking the arena, which is roofless due to the roof collapsing from decay. Tony will speak a bit about his latest creation, The Swarmer, a Tech that utilities explosive bolts to send in minions to attack. Then the Swarmer drops in along with some minions. Tony then takes off with a hidden jet booster on his back. The player must then destroy the Swarmer and the minions to complete the mission. Pow will then radio in and congratulate the player on there victory.

2349a58c-cab5-4ac4-9942-dcd95771fdea_Thumbnail.PNG

^This here above is what a Swarmer would look like, I had originally based it of a GSO version of it that I had made a while back. ( And yes I'm on Xbox don't give me hate plz.)

I just realized I have talked a lot here, so this is gonna have to be split up in to more parts, until next time!

-Tree

Last edited:

TreeTech

A Tree
Feb 12, 2020
After the first post I have decided that this set of missions will be called Big Tony's Revenge(or just Tony's Revenge). They will still have unique mission names, just the all of them will be part of of the revenge story line.

Alright so, after the first mission in this set, the player will keep doing other missions like normal until the next mission in the set pops up, titled "Mecha Madness". A GSO Grade 4 mission, this one will take place in a joint Hawkeye-GSO cargo yard in the desert. This will be the first mission where two NPCs will be briefing you, and also the first mission that is a joint corp operation. Agent Pow and Sgt. Smash will brief the player on the mission, dialog, again is as follows

Agent Pow: Hey Rookie, over here! Man I'm glad to see you! (Ugh,why did I say that?) Alright, so command has been getting reports of-

(just then Smash drops in)

Sgt. Smash: Hey there Kid! Long time no- Hey wait a minute... Who are you, AND WHY ARE YOU BRIEFING MY RECRUIT!?

Agent Pow: Who am I? More like Who ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU HERE?!

(Smash and Pow then begin to argue about who will brief the player on the mission.)

Smash: Aright enough! Let's just both do it.

Pow: I guess so.( Stupid military coming to brief my rookie...)

( Then Pow and Smash will tell the player about the cargo yard and how it got taken over by Tony and his minions.)

The player will then head to said cargo yard marked on the map. Once there, Smash will radio in and say that he's dropping some reinforcements for you. A mixture of GSO and Hawkeye tech will drop in, all AI controlled. The player will then begin retaking back the cargo yard, having to fight between large crates and cranes against Tony's minions. Once the player has gotten most of the cargo yard taken back, Pow will radio in and say that something big has landed in one of the areas of the cargo yard. The player will the go check out what it is. Once the player reaches the area marked on the map, Tony will make a call to the player about something big he has had in the works while you were focused on the factory from earlier. He then ends the call and a Huge version of his minion, the Mecha Minion, will drop in along with two Swarmers. The player, and if they has any remaining AI buddys will have to defeat the Mecha Minion to complete the mission. Once it has been destroyed, both Pow and Smash will congratulate the player, and say that it was fun working together and should do it again sometime.

7afc6b44-d6b5-4536-b594-0421f5c88cdf_Thumbnail.PNG

^Above is a recreation of what the Mecha Minion would look like.

That's all the time I have for today, stay tuned for more!

-Tree

Last edited:

TreeTech

A Tree
Feb 12, 2020
I kinda miss big tony after the tutorial mission where he abruptly appears. this idea definitely is a good as gold in my book. also sarge and pow meeting would be funny
I'm glad you like it so far! I also was deeply sadden that Tony wasn't like a rival character, watching in the shadows waiting to the time to strike, because the devs really built him up to be one. but stay tuned, there is 2 more posts coming soon, and lets just say that Tony has to get his wheels a little Dirty in the next one!

Reactions: YaYYeeT

warbrand2

A merc who loves blowing up large targets.
Jun 16, 2020
This earns a like from me, seems like a good mission idea, and love splitting enemies wish there where more of them.

TreeTech

A Tree
Feb 12, 2020
Alright, Part three is here! Hope your all excited!

So, after the last mission, since there the player will have gotten through every other corp mission in the game, this will be the last mission to find. This one,titled "Revenge of Big Tony" ,will be a GSO Grade 5 mission, the highest a mission can go. This one will take place at Tony's (not so secret) Base in the Pillar biome. Agent Pow will once again brief the player. The dialog is as follows once the player heads to Pow's location marked on the map:

Agent Pow: Hey rookie, over here! I've gotten word from command that they've found where Tony's secret base is. I'm marking it on your map now.

Agent Pow: Go stop that maniacal tech for us, he's really been a thorn in our sides here lately. (Good lucky Rookie!)

The player the heads to the location, once they arrive, the outside turret defenses activate along with some minions dropping in. the player then has to defeat the enemy's to proceed through the outside gate into the main base area. Once inside, alarms will go off and more defenses will activate, this time being 2 Swarmers and a horde of minions. once those are defeated, the player will enter the inner section of the base, where Tony lies in wait. once there tony will monologue about how he was supposed to be the main contender on this planet, how he was going to rise through the ranks to become the best. But then you came along, and ended his life ,2 times. not even his technical genius could beat you.(ever wondered where his minion came from?)But now, he has the upper hand. Tony the blasts off with his jet booster, and 5 Swarmers drop in, followed by 10 minions. After the player has dealt with them, two Mega Minions drop in. And finally, once the player has defeated them, Pow radios in saying Something Massive is about to land. Enter: Big Tony's Revenge.

70c7c05d-f9e7-4731-95ca-52266ad58dcf_Thumbnail.PNG

A massive Mech recreation of his first form you fought in the tutorial with Tony himself inside controlling it, Big Tony's Revenge is not one to be messed with. You will have to defeat the mech to complete the mission. Once he has been defeated, Pow will drop in and will tell them that command sends its highest regards on defeating Tony once and for all. the player will then be awarded a new special block, a little trophy of Big Tony the first time you encounter him.

And that's the story! I hope you all liked it! I have one more thing coming, but its merely just some concept art.

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed it!

-Tree

TreeTech

A Tree
Feb 12, 2020
For everyone who has been following this so far I've got something very special for all of you!

Behold! Concept builds!

73c71268-21f4-4d13-8398-15cc4ace10eb_Thumbnail.PNG
^Above is what Tony 2.0 would look like, I have upgraded his design with assets from both his original form and his return form to make a better Tony. I also added a rotating anchor so when he's a NPC he can swivel like the others

2dde1487-ed74-42d7-9686-265eab090c95_Thumbnail.PNG
^Next we have the basic minion, which all I did was add a third wheel for stability(also because it was bugging me that it didn't have one)

30d87db4-d28e-4340-86ca-86c22e25c680_Thumbnail.PNG
^Next we have some alternate minion types, from left to right, Shotgun Minion,Canon Minion, Pod Minion,and Laser Minion.

0f682f50-ea84-4d5b-a984-1496820a849b_Thumbnail.PNG
^Finally we have a mock up defense turret used in Tony's secret base.

And that's it! Thanks for viewing if you stayed this long, and your free to put your own ideas on minion types in the comments below.

Until we meet again!

-Tree

Reactions: Skihiley