[SUGGESTION] New weapons, blocks, and features for the corporations

Random Spaceship

Aussie Booklord
This is just going to be a list of all the weapons and blocks I think would be cool in the corporations, some random suggestions, and also some suggestions for where some of the EXP stuff should go. Sorry for the wall of text.
EDIT: Features:
Sensors, and Nimbatus/Scrap Mechanic style logic. E.G. some "Enemy in range" and "Speed lower than x" sensors could go into an AND gate which would then activate a key (or a tag, like the Nimbatus system) which turns on shields via the Better Future controller.
Keybinds, per block (not block group). Ties into the above suggestion.
Add new paired keys (used in the new control system). E.G. be able to add Z and X as a set of paired keys, instead of rebinding other keys.

Random:
See here. Also, specialized AI's - make GSO just mediocre at everything, Geocorp good at harvesting, Venture good at flying/speed machines, HE good at fighting, Better Future at controlling hovercraft, etc.

GSO:
Move the Plasma Jaws here, please!
Another missile turret.
Another big(ish) wheel. I'm thinking about the Geocorp Big Boy Wheel size here.

Geocorp:
Perhaps reduce the hitbox/rotation angle of the gimbal plasma cutter. It's MASSIVE.
PLEASE add a shield bubble. Geocorp need a shield bubble, even if it's only to protect the Behemoth wheels without using tons of Havoc shields.
Fanned plasma cutter. Like the Plasma Jaws, but one beam goes straight, the beam to the right goes right, and the beam on the left goes left.

Venture:
Silos/collectors which keep the chunks straight even at high speed.
Thrust vectoring boosters would fit in here as well as in Better Future.
Maybe reduce the bounciness of some of the wheels.
See here.

Hawkeye:
See here.
Large, high-power missile turret.
Armoured resource silos/collectors.
Lock-on range extender.

Better Future:
See here, and here.
Maybe give them a (larger) thruster which turns/vectors its thrust to aid steering.
What about a radar range extender?
[EDIT: ADDED 1.0.1.3 - Better Future Stabilizing Computer] Hover brake - A smart block that, when no keys are pressed, actively tries to stop horizontal movement in hovercraft using the existing hovers/engines if the tech is in ground mode and uses hovers, not wheels.
Lord Zarnox said:
Better Future should get the EXP platform and ramps, because they already have blocks with near identical surfaces.
Reticule Research:
See here. Here's my suggestion, though:
Singularity cannon. Fires a singularity (looks like the SCU's) which, if it hits, sends the blocks it hits into your inventory if it hits an enemy. However, has a high chance (15% or more?) of misfiring and sending itself, and everything around it, into your inventory. OR perhaps it should simply erase the blocks from existence instead of sending them to your inventory. Features: Short range, "piercing" (removes the blocks, remember?), long reload time, very powerful.

Legion:
Specialized AI's which are VERY good at what they do.
EDIT: Maybe programmable AI's? As in Scratch style programming, or C#/C++/C/Java/JS or the like for people like me who dabble a little bit in programming.

Last edited:

Random Spaceship

Aussie Booklord
Horizontal movement, not vertical.
EDIT: It would use the engines that are already on the tech anyway, so it wouldn't be doing anything that you the player couldn't do yourself.

Last edited:

Random Spaceship

Aussie Booklord
Good idea! Nice build, BTW. Does it use hovers? Something I noticed with the Better Future ones is that when you go at high speed, the craft can get so low that it takes damage - in the completely flat R&D test chamber.