Suggestion - Multi missile targeting

Reddly

Feb 25, 2019
The ability to hold down shift + middle mouse button to target several techs.

Lets say you have 16 missiles on your tech, and you target 2 different techs at the same time, the nearest 8 missiles shoot at one, the other 8 missiles shoot at the other.
If you target 16 enemies at once and attempt to target another enemy, a little pop up appears saying "No more available missiles!" or something.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Personally, I'd like a separate key-modifier/button-press to remove all manual targeting, as I find it hard to unfocus an enemy without accidentally selecting another (very frustrating in the heat of battle). But then I'm fine not having manual targeting, as things stand.:)

say you have 16 missiles on your tech, and you target 2 different techs at the same time, the nearest 8 missiles shoot at one, the other 8 missiles shoot at the other
That is roughly what happens currently, if there were only 2 tech there. It seems a somewhat niche use to want to target more than one enemy, but not target them all. Is it more about avoiding hitting a certain enemy, like a capture base?

This might all be more relevant if/when AI is worked on, to help specify targets to attack/leave for them.