[Suggestion] More gauge info

Would this be helpful?

• No, it doesn't help much.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xSoNz

My idea is to add more info about the power (batteries) and fuel (fuel canisters) gauges.
Ex. You hover over with a mouse on the battery gauge, and it could display how many batteries you have and what type (a GSO battery icon, and then x6 - which indicates that you have 6 GSO batteries on you tech installed.) Same goes for fuel, you hover over with a mouse on it, and it displays how many fuel types and number of them installed on your tech.

I have also posted this on the steam forum.
Here's a bad made example of what i mean:

Attachments

Django

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Personally that's not the type of information I'd want from an energy gauge.

What I'd prefer instead is having a display of current over max storage in a numerical value (eg 500/1000) and an indication of the current change (eg +50/s). This would allow you to make informed decisions about your energy state and usage. In the examples given, we're half way full, I'm charging, and it will take 10 more seconds to reach full charge.

How do you feel about that?

What I'd prefer instead is having a display of current over max storage in a numerical value (eg 500/1000) and an indication of the current change (eg +50/s). This would allow you to make informed decisions about your energy state and usage. In the examples given, we're half way full, I'm charging, and it will take 10 more seconds to reach full charge.

Good suggestion, we will add it in the next unstable!

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com

YES

ARES IV

Yes this. And maybe if you hover over it it could also display the type of batteries used.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Yes, at present the gauge only lets you know relative power. (My shields have been taking hits and I'm at about 50%, etc.) I'd like a way to see total power, i.e. The tech I'm in now has 32000 energy capacity, the tech I was in last time has 20000. This would allow comparisons between techs as well as provide more information during building. I think what you're describing would do that, I just wanted to mention my own personal use case.

I'd also really really really like to see hawkeye themed energy and power meters. Possibly combined blocks, like a 1x2 with several attachment points that displays both energy and fuel.