[Suggestion] HE Cruise Missile & lock-on range

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Random Spaceship, Nov 10, 2018 at 11:08 PM.

1. Random Spaceship

Okay. Here we go.
    HE cruise missile - it's pretty good, damage wise. What's not good is when it fires... and promptly crashes into the ground before the engine ignites. Perhaps shorten the delay from launching to ignition to maybe 2 or 3 seconds instead of 5. Also, maybe shorten the reload time, otherwise things like mortars, machine guns, and railguns are better.

Lock-on range - Perhaps make it a bit longer. Things like the railguns and the HE missiles have a far longer range than the lockon does.

2. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

or you could mount it on the TOP of the tech, then it climbs up (about 4-5 blocks height before the motor ignites)

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  3. Random Spaceship

It was mounted on top of a plane. I was using it in the desert mountains, but every time it launched it spiralled into the ground just in front of the plane. It probably would have worked if mounted higher though, you're right. It's still very annoying though.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  4. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

it is not problem to mount them higher. What you describe looks like you put them behind some blocks so when they are launched they hit in to something before they can ignite main engine. Post your tech here so we can help you.

5. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

forgot to mention that the cruise missile does NEED a one block gap front and back to other blocks

6. Random Spaceship

It's not hitting my tech, but see next quote.

Huh. Didn't know it needed a gap behind it too.

However, at the moment the missile isn't on the plane - it got blown up by an enemy. I'll do a bit of testing later today and see what happens. Still, all this doesn't change the fact that when it hits, it's devastating :). Thanks for the help!

7. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

it does not need one block gap. In some situation it needs to have space that can be made bu not putting rectangular, basic blocks in front of it, but any kind of angled block. Missiles can't be blown up by enemy as there is no weapon that can do that. can you please post your tech so we do not wild guess what you did wrong on it?

8. Random Spaceship

Ok. Running on the assumption that it does NOT require a block behind it, I loaded it into the R and D test chamber, added the missile, and here are the screenshots. I got one with it crashing back down, too.
    Seemed to be (in some positions) entirely reliable WITHOUT lockon, but with lockon same issue. In other positions, the exact opposite occured - it worked WITH lockon but not without.

Attached Files:

9. Random Spaceship

And the fourth image, just to show the missile crashing!

Attached Files:

10. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

I am pretty sure that's because of the HE Rifle above it.

11. Random Spaceship

I didn't even think of that! I'll test it later today. Thanks for the help!