[Suggestion] HE Cruise Missile & lock-on range

Random Spaceship

Aussie Booklord
Okay. Here we go.
HE cruise missile - it's pretty good, damage wise. What's not good is when it fires... and promptly crashes into the ground before the engine ignites. Perhaps shorten the delay from launching to ignition to maybe 2 or 3 seconds instead of 5. Also, maybe shorten the reload time, otherwise things like mortars, machine guns, and railguns are better.

Lock-on range - Perhaps make it a bit longer. Things like the railguns and the HE missiles have a far longer range than the lockon does.

Random Spaceship

Aussie Booklord
It was mounted on top of a plane. I was using it in the desert mountains, but every time it launched it spiralled into the ground just in front of the plane. It probably would have worked if mounted higher though, you're right. It's still very annoying though.

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
It was mounted on top of a plane. I was using it in the desert mountains, but every time it launched it spiralled into the ground just in front of the plane. It probably would have worked if mounted higher though, you're right. It's still very annoying though.
it is not problem to mount them higher. What you describe looks like you put them behind some blocks so when they are launched they hit in to something before they can ignite main engine. Post your tech here so we can help you.

Random Spaceship

Aussie Booklord
Nightblade Greyswandir said:
What you describe looks like you put them behind some blocks so when they are launched they hit in to something before they can ignite main engine.
It's not hitting my tech, but see next quote.

harpo99999 said:
the cruise missile does NEED a one block gap front and back to other blocks
Huh. Didn't know it needed a gap behind it too.

However, at the moment the missile isn't on the plane - it got blown up by an enemy. I'll do a bit of testing later today and see what happens. Still, all this doesn't change the fact that when it hits, it's devastating :). Thanks for the help!

Nightblade Greyswandir

Nothing is good enough!
Website
ngttadventures.blogspot.se
It's not hitting my tech, but see next quote.

Huh. Didn't know it needed a gap behind it too.

However, at the moment the missile isn't on the plane - it got blown up by an enemy. I'll do a bit of testing later today and see what happens. Still, all this doesn't change the fact that when it hits, it's devastating :). Thanks for the help!
it does not need one block gap. In some situation it needs to have space that can be made bu not putting rectangular, basic blocks in front of it, but any kind of angled block. Missiles can't be blown up by enemy as there is no weapon that can do that. can you please post your tech so we do not wild guess what you did wrong on it?

Random Spaceship

Aussie Booklord
Ok. Running on the assumption that it does NOT require a block behind it, I loaded it into the R and D test chamber, added the missile, and here are the screenshots. I got one with it crashing back down, too.
Seemed to be (in some positions) entirely reliable WITHOUT lockon, but with lockon same issue. In other positions, the exact opposite occured - it worked WITH lockon but not without.

Attachments